Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

cops...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Default cops...

so i was driving home from hopefully my new job and im about half a mile from home (turning from a main street into side streets) and this cop decides to start following me. he followed me for half a mile making every turn i made just about right on my bumper the whole time. are they allowed to do that if ur not doing anything wrong? i mean sure im only 17 but if hes following me for being a young driver isnt that kinda discriminating against young drivers?

Old 04-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Default RE: cops...

they just do it if ya got 20's

Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM

those bastards... last week i was at my friends house right by where he started following me and as soon as it turned 10:00 his neighber called the cops for a noise complain and it looked like the same guy as who came out and instead of givin me a hard time he was checkin out the car

Old 04-14-2007, 01:10 AM

I had a cop "profile" me before. It was when my 76 Monte still had the chrome wire basket wheels and white stripe tires. It was probably 2001 or 2002. Anyway, it was 11PM and I dopped my friend off at his place and headed for home about 5 blocks or so away. I turn from Market Street onto 122nd Ave heading north after my light turns green. I noticed a cop stopped at the red light on 122nd facing north. I then turn right onto the street leading to my house. I was about half way down the street when I see him turn onto the same street. I then turned left onto my street. My house sets on a dead end just off of a caldisac. Its the last house on the private road, which is the 4th house down on the left. I pulled into my driveway, got out of my car and low and behold there's that damn cop right behind my car giving me the "Stink Eye" for no reason whatsoever. We just stared at each other for a minute and then he slowly backs down the road onto the caldisac and sits there for another 20-30 seconds or so, still giving me the Stink Eye and then leaves. I really wanted to say something, but I just know that's what he was waiting for.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:25 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you're a young guy expect this. Even into your 20s.

Cops think most young guys have something to prove. And they want to prove it out on the streets. If your car looks hot then add to the cops harrassing you.

Other then it being a safety issue yes the cop can drive on your back bumper. Now if there's an accident and it's the cop's fault then sure there are laws to protect you. Just expect to have to get alawyer for this.

I've had cops follow me to my front door. One night some SOB was driving behind me withhis brights on. He would not turn them down. I pulled into my drive, he went past me, I backed out flipped my brights on in his eyes and he slams his car into park. Then he jumps out of his car, unsnaps his gun comes up to my window and asks me if I have a problem. LikeI'm going to argue with some idiot with a gun at midnight.

This cop lives three doors from me. Still does.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:59 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: jzeiger07

so i was driving home from hopefully my new job and im about half a mile from home (turning from a main street into side streets) and this cop decides to start following me. he followed me for half a mile making every turn i made just about right on my bumper the whole time. are they allowed to do that if ur not doing anything wrong? i mean sure im only 17 but if hes following me for being a young driver isnt that kinda discriminating against young drivers?
[/align][align=center]Hey `Josh, He's just protecting your Monte Carlo so no one steals it until you arrive[/align][align=center]safely @ home : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]Maybe it's a female officer & she's just check'in you & your ride out : )[/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]Maybe it's a gay officer Oh `OH : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's the cost you have to pay to be young & driv'in an Awesome Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center]Earth ~ It's a crazy Planet [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Be Smart/Safe[/align][align=center]`space[/align]

Old 04-14-2007, 11:25 AM

so pretty much because u have a nice car when ur young they can mess with u... thats bull hah

Old 04-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i used to get that all the time in my truck...i think they're just trying to play with you until you do something wrong...they always used to pull me over in my truck just to look around it to try to find something wrong with it...

i've even been pulled over in my monte just so the cop could look @ it..cuz he's never seen a tony stewart edition one

Old 04-14-2007, 12:36 PM

thats really ****ed up but funny hah

Old 04-14-2007, 05:08 PM

I haven't had it happen for over 10 years, but I swore if I ever had a car the needed the rear end repaired I'd wait for a cop to pick on me and hit the brakes." Sorry officer, thought I saw a dog run into the street." Now since you were "following to close for conditions", "driving intatentively", or "tailgating", who do I send the bill to?

I had a smartass say they would use video evidence from the camera in the squad only to point out that it showed he was tailgating for awhile. - It doesn't matter whether the dog was there or not, just thay you thought there was one and tried to avoid it.

Quick Reply: cops...