Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Life Happens

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jester_20
you bet! that was kind of an issue i was afraid of, but i mentioned it to mamma and she pretty much made it clear that she won't let me get rid of it. . . my parents made that pretty clear too . The fact that i'm gonna have it mostly (if not all the way) paid off by baby time will help alot too. I'll hopefully be able to take the insurance down to "low milage" (cheaper) and i'll be driving my 02 as a DD and the 06 will be a nice days only car (with our new place, we've got a big shop with plenty of room for a "show car "). Jess will probably end up getting rid of her cougar for a suv and we'll have a pretty relaible DD (02 monte) a family car (probably an equinox or yukon) and my baby (the SS). Insurance drop on the 06, turning 25, couple of speeding tickets coming off my record, and starting a family should help out quite a bit since my bank makes it mandatory to have full coverage on a vehicle with a loan through them.

and we've already decided that we're gonna get a car seat with 2 bases so it's a snap to put in and take out of a 2 door

Don't worry, the SS is here to stay
Also you dont have to lower your insurance you can raise it and get collector car insurance for it for a much lower cost.
I have Barrett Jackson Insurance on the Grand Prix and SS agreed value insurance on both 35k On the GP and 45k on the SS so if anything happens
I get the full value of the policy for fare less than you could believe.
If you want the info just let me know.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:21 PM

Congrats on all the things in your life to celebrate. Your life is about to get a whole lot busier. Do some research on the name you give your son. Some believe it can have effects on how they live their lives. An example that I read shortly before my girls were born is this. The article I read stated that in grade school the kids are lined up alphabetically and those in the front of the line are more likely to be leaders because they get to lead from an early age. It may be dumb but I figure that kids need any advantage they can get. This is the reason my girls are named Alexis, Abbygail, and Ariel.