Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Life Happens

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Life Happens

It seams like the past month i've been out of the loop and it's all because life's taken some unexpected turns. I just want to update everyone on what's going on the past 6 months and get updates as far as what's been going on since the new year.

As most of you know, Jessica and i got married the last week of September just this last year, what you don't know is... -we found out shortly after our honeymoon that we're pregnant! I honestly don't consider it an "accident" (if that's what you're thinking, because we were both planning on starting our family soon anyways (within a year or 2), but it definitely wasn't on purpose. ANYWAYS, shortly after finding this out, I came to the realization that even though i've got a business degree and a job using that degree, I wasn't making nearly enough $$$ to support a growing family, especially given the fact that there were NO benefits with the job . . . health insurance and retirement being the biggest 2. It was to the point where I was going to be getting rid of the monte, just to have more cash to put towards our student loans....needless to say, I was getting SERIOUSLY depressed whenever I even thought about not having the monte, but when it comes down to it, family's more important than a car.

Given the situation, it was time for some major changes, and fast. Jess had just finished school, and since she'd be looking for a job i figure now's as good a time as any to get some things in order. We decided to quit our jobs (or at least go on a "if you need help you can call, but this isn't my full time job anymore" kind of thing) and move back to my hometown. Not a huge deal as it's only 3/4 an hour away. We're back by alot of our friends and family now which means we're gonna have quite a few babysitters when we need them. We found a house about a mile from my parents, which sounds kind of close, however my dad farms and i'm slowly but surely going to be taking that over--SO-- If he ever needs help with something, it's just a 4 wheeler ride away.

I found a new job around the first of the year and started it on the 23rd of Jan. It pays around $5 more an hour than i was making as a store manager (HUGE improvement), with all sorts of benefits from free coffee to kick a** insurance, the only bad thing is that it's 12 hour shifts and switches from days to night every 2 weeks. While this sounds like it kind of sucks, I worked 11 hours a day regularly at the store, so it's really not much different except for working nights thing. So far i can honestly say that my new job is AWESOME. I don't want to jinx it since i've only been there a month, but the work is easy, the people i work with are just like my friends, easy going and funny as hell being the 2 main things

About a month ago, we found out that we're having a boy, Jess is doing very well (except for the crankiness) thus far

Now for the main reason i started this thread...I've been kind of hit and miss on MCF and feel like i've missed a LOT. I've caught up on a few things like Jerry's new wheels, Cort's on-going recovery, Mike's (03jgmonte) recent employment change. . . . but i know i've missed some stuff. If it was important and happened in the past 2 months, post it on this thread or post a link to the original thread and i'll definitely check it out.

Jerry, you're rims look great, however i think the remodeled rear end takes the cake

Cort, Good luck with you're job future. . . .it may not seem like it, but good things are yet to come

Zach, Congrats on the STB's. I know you'd been looking for quite some time and I'm crazy envious

Old 03-02-2012, 06:55 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I think most of us have had a crazy past few months lol, but great your back on

Old 03-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Congrats on your new Job and baby boy..

Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Welcome Back and congrats.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

good to hear you got things sorted out

Old 03-02-2012, 07:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Life does happen
I am glad you are getting things in order, and had noticed you were hit and miss. Congrats on the baby and great thing to some. Thanks for the compliments.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Congrats on your new son!

Old 03-02-2012, 08:00 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

It sounds like you're pointing things in the right direction there. Good luck with the kids!

Old 03-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Congrats on the baby boy! Sounds like you two are making decisions to improve your quality of living so there is nothing wrong with that!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congratulations with everything!!!

Quick Reply: Life Happens