Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Life Happens

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:58 AM

first off CONGRATS on the new addition to your family and thats awesome about the new job....i am fairly new on this site but love to hear a good life story and i am very happy to here things are goiong well!! i know i cant stay off this site i am on this more than facebook since ive became a member of this ive been on facebook 1 time pretty crazy....my work has been very slow i own my own business remodeling but ive been sitting home only good things is ive been remodeling my own house...iam signed up to attend college and cant deside what to go for yet but i know itll work out

Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Congrats on everything. I will be changing jobs starting next Monday - around the same pay but full benefits unlike my current job - that's why I had to change.

Same here. Pay was fine, until you factor in health insurance and 401K. It's ok when you're in school, but when you wanna start a family, insurance is a pretty big deal. . . not to mention knowing i had no retirement kinda sucked too.

good luck with you're job change! hope it all goes well

Old 03-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

congrats man! better be keeping the monte when the baby comes around! haha

Old 03-13-2012, 03:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Congrats man! IDK how I missed this thread lol..

Old 03-13-2012, 03:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

you bet! that was kind of an issue i was afraid of, but i mentioned it to mamma and she pretty much made it clear that she won't let me get rid of it. . . my parents made that pretty clear too . The fact that i'm gonna have it mostly (if not all the way) paid off by baby time will help alot too. I'll hopefully be able to take the insurance down to "low milage" (cheaper) and i'll be driving my 02 as a DD and the 06 will be a nice days only car (with our new place, we've got a big shop with plenty of room for a "show car "). Jess will probably end up getting rid of her cougar for a suv and we'll have a pretty relaible DD (02 monte) a family car (probably an equinox or yukon) and my baby (the SS). Insurance drop on the 06, turning 25, couple of speeding tickets coming off my record, and starting a family should help out quite a bit since my bank makes it mandatory to have full coverage on a vehicle with a loan through them.

and we've already decided that we're gonna get a car seat with 2 bases so it's a snap to put in and take out of a 2 door

Don't worry, the SS is here to stay

Old 03-22-2012, 05:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Sounds like life is picking back up! Awesome to hear buddy!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

WOW, I missed this thread until this morning! Congrats man!! I hope everything goes smooth with the "family expansion". And sounds like things are "clicking" together well.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:24 AM

Congrats. I know how the benefits go, I recently got hired on full time at work so I now have benefits (in addition to better pay). No kid on the way though (shoot I don't even have a g/f at the moment). Glad you're able to keep the Monte though.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

not sure how i missed this. congrats man! glad things are looking up and turning around for you.

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I think most of us have had a crazy past few months lol, but great your back on
I have to agree. I have had my fair share of things come up the past few months.

Quick Reply: Life Happens