Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

key less remote ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 05:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

YUP **** white I do with my 06 SS. I have to be within 3 feet of the car before the remote will work . I have a friend that has a yr old Chevy and his is the same way. next time I'm getting an aftermarket one istalled. On my F 150 i would start my truck from my recliner. or when we were out at dinner. I could start it from inside the restaurant. Whats the sesne of having a remote if you have to be that close it . If I keep this Beauty I'll have an after market one installed next spring!

Old 12-28-2012, 11:16 AM

Thanks! It's nice to know I am not the only one!!!
I also have a question about when I remote start. I am usually pretty good at reading instructions in my manual if I don't understand something; but cannot find how to set my remote start so that my heated seat is on and my controls are on hot with fan on high. So - when I remote start, my car motor is warmed up but my interior is freezing. Can anyone tell me the instruction for Dummies???

Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There was a TSB for the weak range, they basically have to replace the receiver box and the fobs and it's not cheap AT ALL.

The remote start SHOULD use the temperature reading from your car to determine whether to use heat or cold air. Remember, the car isn't warmed up for a while anyway on cold mornings, so you'll just have to deal with cold interiors. I don't believe you can set the seats to automatically turn on.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:49 PM

That is a bummer. I hate the cold. I know the late model Chevy trucks you can set them so when you remote start you can set the temp and fan and you can also set the heated seats so they are on when you get in. Can't have it all - can we?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:42 PM

I hate the cold weather too, and I've had no trouble with the remote start. All I have to remember to do is set the temp. all the way on WARM when I get out of the car the night before. It automatically goes to High Fan & heater when I remote start it. Unfortunately I don't have heated seats - lucky you!