Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Firemen Shot - This world is messed up.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Firemen Shot - This world is messed up.

Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire - Yahoo! News

Two firefighters were shot and killed and two others taken to a nearby hospital after a gunman opened fire on them as they responded to a fire he is believed to have set to a home and a car in Webster, N.Y., police said.
SWAT team officers used an armored personnel carrier to evacuate 33 residents from homes in the area.
"Upon arrival all [the firefighters] drew fire, all four were shot on the scene," said Police Chief Gerald L. Pickering. "One was able to flee the scene, the other three were pinned down."
An off-duty police officer responding to the call was also injured by shrapnel and was being treated.
Pickering said the gunman was dead at the scene, but had yet to be identified. The shooter died of a gunshot wound, but police didn't yet know if "it was self inflicted or not."
Firefighters continued to fight the blaze that engulfed three other homes and damaged three more on a sleepy lakeside street, that police described as a quiet vacation community.
Police had not yet determined the "weapon or weapons" the gunman used and had not fully investigated the scene because the fires continued to rage.
"I know many people are going to be asking if they were assault rifles," Pickering said, following a week-long debate about such weapons after one was used in a tragic school shooting in Newtown, Conn. on Dec. 14.
Among the dead firefighters was Lt. Michael Chiapperini, a 20-year veteran of the Webster Police Department and "lifetime firefighter," according to Pickering. Chiapperini was a spokesman for the police department, ABC News affiliate WHAM reported.
The chief, choking up, called the incident that shattered the quiet before 6 a.m. on Christmas Eve morning "terrible."
"People get up in the middle of the night to fight fires," he said. "They don't expect to get shot and killed."
Can this world get any more messed up lately?

Have these families in your thoughts and prayers!

Old 12-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Obviously the ones shooting the firemen were the ones who started the fire. And probably torched the house to cover up a bigger crime inside the house.

That's not a gun control problem. That's a crime problem in general. And a real travedy for the firemen, and their families.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Obviously the ones shooting the firemen were the ones who started the fire. And probably torched the house to cover up a bigger crime inside the house.

That's not a gun control problem. That's a crime problem in general. And a real travedy for the firemen, and their families.
I agree. I don't believe in a such thing as a gun control problem. People will find guns regardless. It's the people with the sick and twisted minds that have the issues.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

My son-in-law is a fire fighter, full time. This made me shudder. Some sick persons out there

Old 12-24-2012, 02:10 PM

Hi `Mitch, yes it's very sad, especially when it's a person that puts their life at risk everyday to protect others...

We need to weed out the bad & send them all to the `Sun...or lock them`up in a mental hospital 4-ever...

Bad people have been killing/hurting people since the beginning of time. Bad people will always find a instrument to do harm to others...

Mitch & Member's, I hope that everyone can enjoy time with their family & friends over the holidays...In life, one never knows if they will ever see each other again...What `if ?
"Love the ones you `Love" ~> Now ~> Always
Peace/Out

Old 12-24-2012, 02:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is really messed up. They were volunteers at that...

Old 12-24-2012, 04:09 PM

That's crazy!

Not much to deter criminals these days with shock probation, home incarceration, death penalty hardly ever gets carried out, releasing hundreds of criminals at a time to save money...

If criminals know home owners are not allowed to own weapons what is to deter them from breaking in your house wether you are home or not? They will still own weapons...

Old 12-24-2012, 11:16 PM

It is sad for certain that rescue workers have to worry about more than just the hazards of their job. Unfortunately this isn't the first time this has happened.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:24 AM

I don't wanna live on the Planet anymore. I am building a space ship...

Old 12-25-2012, 02:16 PM

Incredible! So tragic.

Quick Reply: Firemen Shot - This world is messed up.