Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Introduce yourself, new AND old members

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 04:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
wow RJ, thats incredible how many cars you got! i noticed that you didn't mention your 03 pace car? do you not have that one anymore?
Ya, RJ, what about the '03 Pace Car?? And how many Monte's does SHE have???

Old 12-28-2009, 04:46 PM

ok lets give this a try. my names Brandon. i live in the frozen-tundra of Johnstown, pa (few hours east of pittsburgh). i was pretty much born with a wrench in my hand. my dad "claims" that he isnt a motorhead but every time i do something to my 04 monte ls he just looks at it, shakes his head, and smiles as he walks away. my mom hates my car cuase its "loud" but thats what moms do. Im in a car club called Total Kaos. they are based out of Davidsville, Pa (the middle of nowhere). we are growning and becoming more known throughout the state. the car i own now is by far my favorite car that i have ever owned. ad i love nothing more than bein in the garage with my friends and a cold six-pack working on it. thanks for readin guys

Old 12-28-2009, 06:21 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm Duane Black, (facebook profile http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1406943555). I have recently tried to make a bit of comeback from a hiatus of this forum, and I think I'm halfway successful. This gets rather long, but I've tried to keep it amusing.

I once held the reins of the youngest member here (Danged 'ol whipper-snappers came and took that from me). I joined a couple months after getting my Monte Carlo in 2007 at about 17 years, 6 months old. I learned alot and quickly became one of the more active members. There are very few here now who were here then. I remember when Taz, Brock, Garret and the such all came on board (and all won Monte of the Month before me... sheesh!), and I remember when I ahd more posts than chibiblacksheep or taz, and was like number 7 on the top 10 poster list. I remember the forum crash of the summer of '08. I've seen the Monte Carlo Forum at it's best and worst as far as the cohesion and unity of the members. I sound like one of the old guys talking about the good ol' days now! *chases all the kids off his lawn*

I'm a native of Henderson, NC, moved to nearby Oxford, NC at 6 years old and spent my 13 years of public school education there. I started a model car collection at about 12-13 years old with a 1:18 Maisto 1969 Ford Torino Talladega and dreamed of owning a 68-9 Torino from that day forward. At the time, I was die hard Ford, but I opened my eyes around 15-16 years old and started appreciating Chevrolets and Dodges as well. I started out driving dads 1993 Chevrolet Silverado, and after I had some driving experience under my belt my parents matched whatever I would put into a car, and I bought a 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo from a private seller in Raleigh, NC. The car had right at 80,000 miles at the time, and now it is approaching 104,000. I've learned alot about the car since then. The only thing to ever go wrong is the air conditioning. It's had some oil changes and new plugs/wires, and that's it! The car goes back and forth with me each week to Campbell University, where I am studying History with Teaching Certificate concentration!

On April 12th, 2009, my parents erected a scheme to keep me coming home from college on weekends to visit by buying a 1968 Ford Torino GT, original 390 car for me to restore. It had some rusted out spots in the trunk behind the tires, rusted out floor pans, but was a fairly solid car. I've learned more than I ever dreamed about fiberglassing, bondoing, and engine work from my father who once owned a body shop in Florida and worked for Henry Ford at the dealership as well. I'm getting closer to completion every day! I post updates occasionally (the most recent of which is here https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17582 and here https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16470)

But this forum has changed alot since I've been here. There are only about about 4-5 or so of the members who were active when I joined up who are active now, and a couple of those joined when I did! It's a different forum now, with different people. But I'm still here, even though I went on hiatus there for a few months. Hopefully I'm here for another 3000 posts or so! I'm sure that in another year or so some of you who are hear now will have left, and some new active members will have come along, and the cycle will continue on!!

Good idea for a thread Matt (you're one of those guys who came on about the time i did I think). It's good to get acquainted with all the new people who join up every so often!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 12-28-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:57 PM

I am Ryan i joined the forum some time back when i lived in Colorado. i have been married for almost 4 years now i currently own a 2001 SS. i have owned a few cars in all my 24 years my first being a '68 Camaro * sobs* but life goes on... i am in the military and have been for a lil over 6 years now and have been to iraq 3 times (just finished ) and korea once ... and currently in ft hood TX. i have tried diffrent cars out and seem to always drift back to domestics. i am proud to live in a great country and would never live anywhere else. a little history... i was born and raised in montana and lived near glacier int'nl park.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WOW! I feel like i'm in an A.A. meeting.

As for me, there's not Much to tell.

Was born in LA ( no, not East LA, so dont go there ) but lived in Compton most of my life. Been working on cars since i was 10. Father was a mechanic. Met my wife Lisa over the Internet. Been together for 6 years now. Marrieds for 4 years. We have a 12 yr old son named Jonny. I think he is a bigger gear head then i am. LOL His real father passed away when he was 7. I took the responsibility of raising him as my own.

I've owned many cars and trucks over my life time. Some old, some new, some domestic, and imports.

What brought me here? I used to own a 97 Monte. Its gone now. But i am still here.

Now i'm back in a Van again ( at least its a Chevy ), but i still remain here as part of the MCF family.

WOW!! So much for not having much to tell.

Originally Posted by knightfan26917
As for me...ya'll know me. Right?
Never seen you before. Do you have any I.D.?

Old 12-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by knightfan26917
*raises eyebrow*

As far as I know, the 1984 SSs did not have black as a factory color option.... BUT ... I have seen at least one that was painted black ... and the interior switched to black as well.

As for me...ya'll know me. Right?

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You can say there's no such thing as Santa" ... Elmo'N'Patsy ... 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer'
Actually no. Some of us newbe's may not

Old 12-29-2009, 11:05 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Ya, RJ, what about the '03 Pace Car?? And how many Monte's does SHE have???

Wayne, I don't refer to the '03 Pace car as a "She." lol

Old 12-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Thumbs up

My name is Brian. I am currently attending Kent State for Visual Communication Design (Graphic Design concentration). I should be graduating by the time I'm 26, as I'm 24 now. I grew up in NE Ohio and moved to South Carolina for approximately one year before returning, and I've been here ever since. My life mainly consists of college, some work, my girlfriend, and a few friends who've stuck proved worthwhile to have over the years.

I own a 6th gen Monte Carlo SS and a 4th gen Firebird Formula currently. My first car was a 97 Mitsubishi Gallant, which was the worst car I've ever owned. I was originally sold on domestics when I was forced to drive the worst looking vehicle ever, a 93 aerostar that was rusting apart. I ran that van until it was at about 230k and everything on it didn't work, but it just kept running no matter what I put it through, I even took it to Florida and back. Of course, the engine was manufactured here in Ohio too.

What sold me on GM, was working day and night on my friends 74 El Camino, enjoying beer and just having good times. After that, I purchased the 2000 Malibu and sold it after I bought the Monte. Now I regularly visit Lordstown (which produces cobalts, and soon the cruze), where my girlfriend currently lives. I know quite a bit of people out that way, so naturally I fit in fine.

Family life is mainly my mom and her side of the family as divorce took place after my sister and I turned 18. My father is mentally ill and lives down south somewhere homeless. My sister, is a lesbian and I don't have any problem with that. I guess my main goal now is to get finished up with college, land a job and move out with my girlfriend and get married sometime. We've been together for two years and seem to be fine together so I'll see how things go between us in the meantime.

It's been good reading everyone elses stories and such, everyone here definitely seems interesting.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Default ....getting to know everyone....

....This has been a great idea so far. I have enjoyed reading the mini bio's
on everyone even if it is just two lines to 4-5 paragraphs. It's interesting
of all the different backgrounds that we have. Some were born with wrenches
in their hands and others have just picked up this hobby, passion and love for cars.
I envy you guys that have had Parents that got you involved with this passion
from the very start. Some of you might have had a Playschool plastic pedal car
or a homemade go-cart or models ( like myself ) from the beginning. But the passion is there.
Barry Meguire ("Car Crazy ") says it best when have a desire, a passion for something
like the Car hobby we need to pursue it and live as best you can and when you can.
I am late , getting into it because of financial constraints but I'm here now and I Love it so far.

....Love the Lord, your family, and enjoy your car.

Last edited by nascar43; 12-29-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself, new AND old members