Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Introduce yourself, new AND old members

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default Introduce yourself, new AND old members

Well I was looking in the new member area and something dawned on me. When a new member joins, usually they introduce themselves and maybe tell a little about themselves. Well that lets us know who the new members are, but maybe some of the new members dont know much about some of the existing members. I know there have been threads like this before but they have kinda fallen into the black hole of old MCF threads. Maybe we can keep this one going or make it a sticky, then it would make it a whole lot easier for people to get acquainted with each other.

Ill start out.

My name is Matt and I am from Venetia, PA which sits about 20-30 minutes south of pittsburgh. I have lived here all 20 years of my life. I grew up around classic cars; muscle cars, street rods, hot rods, ect. My parents both have old cars of their own, my mom a 55 f100 streetrod and my father is working on a 38 plymouth coupe streetrod and a '69 chevelle SS 396, both of which I help out with whenever possible. I went to votech for autobody in highschool and then went to Wyotech in blairsville, PA for autobody, refinishing, and custom fabrication. I am a body man of 4 years and currently work at a small shop in Canonsburg, PA. I enjoy working with my hands, be it working on cars or just making things in general. I am currently searching for a home of my own so I can venture out into the cruel world on my own and start making something of myself. I drive a 1997 Monte Carlo Z34 which is just an awesome car in so many ways. I like to contribute here as much as possible and share my passion for cars and the automotive field in general. Im glad I joined this forum, its been a great place, everyone here is like family in one way or another.

Ok guys (and gals), its your turn. Tell us a little about yourself.

Last edited by mrl390; 12-23-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm John. 23 years old, almost have an Associate's Degree in Business Administration. Currently a manager at a restaurant. I live in Elizabeth City, NC - about 45 minutes from the Hampton Roads area of VA, and also 45 minutes from the Outer Banks beaches of NC. I have a Monte Carlo that I love, even though it has terrible KR issues, and I just put the other head on today. So now all I need to do is put the LIM and blower on it, then little things like hook up the MAP bracket, coil bracket, etc then hopefully she'll be driving once more. I also have a Prelude that's treated me well over the past two years, and it's a very nice car to drive.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Jarhead here (Tim) God blew air into my lungs some fourtynine years back and I've been pushing forward ever since. I grew up one of four children in a two parent yet seperate household which left us all for the most part fending for and raising ourselfs. I've lived on the Illinios / Wisconsin / Lake Michigan cross section my entrie life less seven years spent in the marine corps. I am dead center 60 miles either way from Chicago and Milwaukee. after High school I joined the marines as a heavy equipment specailist with the first and third landing support divisions thruout the fareast. During my tour I vacationed (spent time) in north africa , korea ,japan the phillipines, beriut and two weeks in the faulklin Islands (grenada) sole job was crane operations with embarkation ...after the service I returned to Illinios and resumed dating my high school GF and have now been married twenty two years. Have two daughters Brittany 21 and Hannah 16 and a grandaughter Oliviah 6 months . after the service I took my experience with heavy equipment and hydraulics and recieved certification as a fluid power specailist trouble shooting, repair and design of hydraulic systems. my wife works with her father in the family sign and graphics company along with her two brothers. she also home schools our daughter Hannah ( both girls have been schooled at home since birth) Brittany is now attending med school with plans on working with special needs young children upon graduation my hobbies are basically trying to contain my over active mind and stay busy with my hands.. as a adult I for the most part continue to stay to myself and those closest to me but this next year i will be stepping out more and get to meet with the midwestern mcf'ers so thats me

Last edited by jarheadbobandmax; 12-24-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:57 AM

Alright!

I'm Garrett, a graphic design student in Laramie, Wyoming. I originally started out in architectural design, heard about graphic design and decided to try it out. According to my mom I've always be interested in cars. Always had hot-wheels, R/C cars, and anything else that had wheels. I think my dad's '71 Camaro SS/RS may have had something to do with it.

Anyway I'm looking into design at the moment and would like to work in an auto related job. If not, I'll end up going back to a tech school and see if I can't get into some custom car design type stuff.

I currently drive my '06 3LT Monte Carlo as my daily. Also have an '03 Honda 400ex sport quad that's street legal and an '87 Porsche 944 that I just got with plans to put in an LS1 or LQ4.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:01 PM

I'm Dan, 27 years young from Yankton, South Dakota about 70 miles south west of Sioux Falls on the Nebraska border. I have an Associate's degree in Computer Science. I have one son that is 18 months old.

I am currently work for the State of South Dakota as a DOT Officer(work at the weigh stations). I have been working there for the past five years, as I couldn't find a computer related job when I got out of school.

I currently own a 2001 Monte Carlo SS. I have always liked the looks of the 00-05, ever since they came out, and all this one needs is some tinted windows. I also have a 1980 Chevy 4X4 truck, that has came in very handy the last few days due to all the snow we have received lately.

Then there is my pride and joy, a 2002 Camaro Z-28 35th Anniversary. LS1, 6-speed, and many many mods. I have always wanted a Camaro since I was a little kid, and now I have one. Plus its paid off, lol. I am also a die hard chevy man, and probably always will be.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:17 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

im Mike im 21, i drive a 2003 Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon raised from the dead, as well as a 2006 GMC Sierra W/T with many mods, i live in Missouri, & i do autobody work for a living.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Great idea Matt!

Okay hmm Ill try to make this as short as possible...

Well I'm Brittany and here are some key points about me:
  • Born in Saint Louis county 19 years ago
  • Currently living in Pensacola, Florida
  • Work at a vet clinic
  • Going to University of West Florida (possibly transferring to SLU or Truman State)
  • Double majoring in general biology and business management or marketing
  • Major life goal is to open up a huge (main floor 300,000+ square feet) aquarium in the Saint Louis area
  • 8 credit hours away from being a junior in college
  • Spent most of my life in a small town
  • My dad is a mechanic and an ex-street racer of Saint Louis so naturally as you can imagine I have been around cars and racing all of my life
  • Absolutely love anything to do with auto racing—favorites are dirt track racing and NASCAR—favorite driver is Dale Earnhardt Senior =D
  • Really close/loyal to my family and friends
  • Some passions/hobbies: cars, ocean life, zoology, racing, chillin with friends and family, training and riding horses, dancing, designing things, writing, 4-wheelin, and photography
  • Have a Pomeranian named Gizmo and a ball python named Lightening and they both live in Missouri with my parents
Quick facts about my cars:
  • First car was a black 1997 Plymouth Breeze—has over 255,000 miles on it right now
  • Now drive a black and silver 2004 Supercharged Monte Carlo SS
    • Surprise gift from my parents in late May 2008
    • She had 18,500 miles when i got her--now she has around 38,000 miles on her
    • In the process of becoming a one-of-a-kind Intimidator Monte Carlo SS
    • Keeping her forever =]
  • Future Dream Cars:
    • Weekend Car - Black 1984 Monte Carlo SS
    • Work Car – New Black Silverado Hybrid
    • Family Car – lowered Black Trailblazer SS
    • Show Cars - Black with chrome trim 1957 Chevy Bel Air
Oh and if you haven’t already figured it out…I’m really ambitious and I LOVE to dream lol!

Okay I've rambled long enough...told you I loved to write...should have thrown talking in there

Old 12-26-2009, 11:53 AM

Hi all, my name is Jose. I am 22 live in Bladensburg, Md.
I drive an 04 Dale Sr ^.^, i am married and have a 16 month old named Noah.
I was born in El Salvador, Central America; lived there til I was eight.
Due to the wars in my country at the time, my parents moved to the US, later bringing me to this lovely country in 94' have been here ever since.
This is 'technically' my first car, hence my name on the title and insurance lol
Everyday i am learning from this vehicle and very courteous members on this site.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:19 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My name is Amy and I'm 38 years old. I have lived my whole life in Arlington Heights, IL. I went away for college and went to the University of Kansas to get my Fine Arts Degree in painting and printmaking. Graduated and came back home and went to design school, bought my own Mac and self taught myself the graphics software. I have been working in the printing/graphics industry for 15 years now - and it is rough. I now live in Wauconda, IL with my fiance of 7 years. We met at a car show back in 2003 - he was checking out my 03 Monte Carlo LOL because he has owned many Montes in his past. I have owned about half a dozen cars and by far my favorite is the 6th gen Montes - that's why I have 2!

Old 12-26-2009, 01:37 PM

I guess it is my Turn. My name is Todd and I live in a small farming town in "Gods Country" as space likes to say. I currently teach middle school reading. I get the kids who are failing and try to make them successful. I hope to continue doing this, but the economy is making it difficult as we will be laying off more teachers again this year.

I graduated from Oregon State University with 2 bachelors degrees and I am now back in school working on my Masters Degree.

I have a 2004 Mont Carlo SS that if I keep will be supercharged. I also have a 1990 Chevy Suburban that is my dog's truck and the boat hauler.

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself, new AND old members