Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Introduce yourself, new AND old members

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member
Default great story

[quote=Jomao_o;185927]Hi all, my name is Jose. I am 22 live in Bladensburg, Md.
I drive an 04 Dale Sr ^.^, i am married and have a 16 month old named Noah.
I was born in El Salvador, Central America; lived there til I was eight.
Due to the wars in my country at the time, my parents moved to the US, later bringing me to this lovely country in 94' have been here ever since.
This is 'technically' my first car, hence my name on the title and insurance lol
Everyday i am learning from this vehicle and very courteous members on this site.[/quote

Jose so many of us born of this country can find fault here and there and unless we step onto forieng soil and see living conditions and personal rights and restrictive goverments it really dosen't fully occure to us that we do live in the greatest country on Gods great earth. without this thread I never would have known what your family has overcome. Thankyou for sharing. Jarhead

Last edited by jarheadbobandmax; 12-28-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Default ..my self........

My name is Richard Duncan. I am 46 yrs old . I have lived in Little Rock AR my entire life. I was adopted in 1970 at the age of six by two loving parents.
I have always loved cars and hot rods but never could afford one and my Dad was very protective of me. He lost two infant daughters at seperate times during his first marriage.
After h.s. I whent to body shop school but never could get hooked up with the right person or shop and after a short
time with that career I learned drafting/design. I worked in that field for nearly 10 years.
I now work for a reprographics company in L.R. ( Southern Reprographics Inc. )but I commute to our Hot Springs office each day.
My Father whent to be with Jesus last Christmas ( 12-21-08) and my Mom is in a nursing/rehab facility.
Yeah ,I have a lot on my plate......but God is good...All the time.
I finally reached a point where I could purchase a factory hot-rod/ or a hot rod last fall. I love my 05 MC SS Supercharged so far.
I have owned a 78 Chevette and I joke with people and tell them that I owned a 78 "Vette" at one time.
85 Cavalier Type-10 hatchback and presently own a 96 S10 4.3 (X series motor)
Here is a link to my photo bucket page that I add to each week.
http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz218/decolores43/

I am a Christian and a patriot. I support our Troops and never forget the Freedoms that Our Parents and Grand Parents fought and died for.
Be Blessed.

Last edited by nascar43; 12-26-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

my name is Ryan, im a lifetime resident of buzzkill, pa, and senior in high school and i go to our local vo tech school in the parts and service management class. my '97 monte carlo LS is my first street legal car, i bought it as a replacement for my '84 oldsmobile custom cruser station wagon. i was given the olds as a trade for some yardwork for an 80 year old lady, it was real nice and solid but it had too many issues, so i sold it for $400, and the same day i bought my monte for $400. i have scince sunk about $700 into it to get it street legal, and i love it. i also badged it as an RS because thats my initals.

lesseee.... i've grown up around cars, my dad is a MAJOR greahead, i would say he has had probibly 70 + classics and other special interest vehicles in the last 17 years, plus a couple hundred before that. i have grown up going to swap- meets, car shows, dragstrips, junkyards and hunting for cars in the woods. right now my dad has a '57 chevy belair 4 door station wagon with a 350 / T10 4 speed project, a stock '54 chevy 210 2 door sedan straight 6 / powerglide with 30k miles thats another project, a '49 international KB1 panel truck project with a SBC 350 / turbo 350, a '56 chevy 2 door hardtop that was an old drag car that ran a 327 / T10, full steel body and ran a 12 second pass during its hayday in the mid 60's ( think 2 lane blacktop) and he also has a black '96 monte carlo Z34 with a rare factory bodykit and "SS" badging, 3.4 DOHC, and a ton of options. its kinda run into the ground, though, so it needs work to be drivable.

My project car is a black 1965 buick skylark 2 door sedan, its a really nice stock example for now with a 301 CI 2bbl V8, and a turbo 400 auto. i have the windows & interior out to install new carpets and weatherstrippig. i have a 425 CI big block "nailhead" V8 from a '66 buick riviara awaiting a rebuild that will eventually get stuffed into the buick for a lil more power before the buick i also had a '51 dodge 1/2 ton pickup that i would tinker with, it was from albiquorki new mexico and had no rust whatsoever, but needed alot of work to make it streetable, and it got sold to a collector about 2 years ago, and its compleatly restored now

Last edited by skylark65; 12-27-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:57 PM

Jim, 40 something, south suburbs of Chicago, in the outskirts....Director for a technology company overseeing four data centers, travel quite a bit. Great wife and four kids along with a dog, cat, fish and salamander. My 06 SS is great and will be in the process of mods to increase HP this spring. I drive it about 2 months a year...otherwise stored during these wonderful Chicago winters.
I will have more pictures in the spring.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I'm Wayne. I'm one, if not THE oldest member in here. I'll be 56 in March. I've been a gearhead and a stereo freak all my life. My 1st car was a '64 Impala SS, with a custom stereo. Pretty much every car I've ever had has had one (but not all).
I'm currently an unemployed tool & die moldmaker. I'll be teaching CAM ,NC, and precision measurement at Lake Michigan College in 2 weeks (PT job). I'm married, but no kids. My Dad will be 93 Jan. 1. I laid my Mom to rest 3 weeks ago, and my sister passed 2 weeks later at 48. I am a member and Trustee for a local Baptist Church.
This is my 3rd Monte Carlo. A 'red '95 LS, a black '01 LE SS, and now this '04 Intimidator SS, with 123K on the clock. We also have a '99 Silverado Z71 Sportside, reg' cab, an '82 Olds 98 Regency 2 door coupe that's a garage queen, and LadyT's red '07 Solstice GXP, "Lucy", a turbocharged 2.0L Ecotec pushing about 350 BHP, and tons of custom work, including custom leather interior work.
I've been a moderator here for about a year or so. I promise am going to try my HARDEST to return this forum to being TOTALLY family friendly.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:12 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Well to follow up on the oldest member here, I think im the youngest at 17 lol. Im from a farm in Nebraska, and Ive always loved cars and rc cars. I get tons of freetime out here so I expiriment alot. But yea thats about all.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I'm Michael. I am 22 years old. I just graduated from San Jose State University with a Bachelors in Business Marketing. I am the Branch manager of a staffing company. I've lived in San Jose, CA my entire life, and while somethings about the Bay Area can suck, I still like the many good things this area has to offer. In the summer months I spend much of my free time taking drives over the mountains to Santa Cruz to be near the ocean!

I love cars, and Love my car. I've loved everyone of my cars, but since I got the Monte, I realized how much I REALLY love this car. I've been into cars since I was old enough to know what one was. I am a GM guy at heart, always have been, always will be!

Old 12-28-2009, 09:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey everyone. I'm your residential sarcastic and moderator Mike

I'm 23, and live in NE Philadelphia. Grew up in the Poconos, but got away for college and never went back. I'm a Graphic Designer at a company that sells activated carbon (that stuff in Brita filters). I mostly do all of their interior sales documents, since we sell to companies and not people, you most likely will never see anything that I have made haha.

I drive a 2000 Monte Carlo SS. Black, fully loaded, ordered from the factory and in my family since the very first mile put on it. It currently has over 165,000 miles. It was stock for most of its life, and was a daily driver ever since the day it was purchased. I took the car from my parents about 4 years ago. They gave it to me as a gift, but I later purchased it from them, and continue to help them out with finances. About a year and a half ago, I found this site, and started reading constantly about Monte Carlos and L36 powered vehicles. Then decided it was time to start working on my car. My father was a mechanic for about 10 years, then he went into construction, so it's nice to have something to share with him (the love of cars) He has a 2006 Monte Carlo SS. Now I have a Monte Carlo that I'm very proud of, because I helped to make it what it is.

Not too long ago I was asked to be a moderator, and I just couldn't say no. I love this place. I'm always online and it's a second family to me.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:48 PM
rj
15 Year Member

My name is RJ. (no.... it does not stand for Rick James incase you're wondering)

I'm 51 yrs young. Many say they can't believe some of the stuff a guy my age does. Meaning I do not act my age. (not that I ever have)

Living my entire life in the shadow of Dayton, OH........ I grew up in a small community. Being the only boy AND the youngest my sisters used to beat the crap out of me cause they thought it was fun. But they also used to stick up for me if anyone else tried to mess with me. I guess they felt it was their duty and their's alone to make my life miserable?

My dad was not a motor head. He would change a flat tire or something like that but I never saw him do much else on cars. I'm told he used to paint cars for extra cash but that was a long time before I came in to the world. I've always been very mechanically inclined (I would take things apart and put them back together again before I even started school) so working on cars came natural to me. Where I picked it up was a girl in my class at school had an older brother who owned a red '55 Chevy 2-door Sedan. To make the excuse of helping Terry work on his '55, I'd get to see his sister just by being at their house. This was in 1970 when I was 12 yrs old. In 1972 I got my very car. A 1957 Chevy BelAir 2-door Hardtop. It was a basket case so to speak. But the price was $150. Relutantly my parents paid it letting me know it was my high school graduation present. It sat in the back yard for 18 months before I ever got to drive it. A local salvage yard used to take pity on a broke high school kid and sell me parts for $1.

Currently I own:
'57 Chevy BelAir Hardtop(my very first car), 327 V8, Saginaw 4-speed
'57 Chevy Two-Ten 4-door Sedan, 283 V8, poweglide
'57 Chevy Belair Hardtop, 302 V8, Muncie 4-speed
'57 Chevy windowed Sedan Delivery (rumored to be 1 of 92 made in 1957), 253 6 cylinder, 3-speed
'57 Chevy One-Fifty Handyman 2-door Wagon, 350 V8, Muncie 4-speed
'57 Chevy Two-Ten 2-door Sedan DelRay, 350 V8, Muncie 4-speed

'86 LS Monte Carlo, 305 H O V8, 200-4R transmission
'06 LTZ Monte Carlo, 3.9 V6, O/D transmission

'93 Dodge Shadow ES, 3.0 V6, O/D transmission
'94 Ddoge Shadow ES, 3.0 V6, O/D transmission

People ask me how I made it from Classic Chevies to Monte Carlos? I've always thought the Monte was a very nice looking car. The mid-80s SS Montes were my all time favorites. My father tried to talk me in to buying a new SS back in the 1980s but I backed out. Now........ I wish I had.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

wow RJ, thats incredible how many cars you got! i noticed that you didn't mention your 03 pace car? do you not have that one anymore?

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself, new AND old members