Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I have me a Hater

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default RE: I have me a Hater

ORIGINAL: knightfan26917

For what you do, WAY too cheap. If they really like the work you do, they won't bat an eye when you tell 'em it is $200.

Besides ... what would rather be doing? Cleaning up your car ... driving your car ... or cleaning up someone else's car?
I do like driving my car! But what I am finding a passion for is; taking something that looks bad and making it stand tall... But what I find is even more of a challenge is, taking something that is Standing Tall and Making It BETTER! Seriously... It looks incredible, so how do you make it better? You have only one way, Depth! You have to add a layer or two of Depth

Old 10-13-2007, 08:35 PM

Actually the camera doesn't have to take pictures all night, just make sure it's black and white, a good resolution... and motion activated.. it can actually be it's own motion activator. Just have the computer on all night (even the junky old one that's takin up space in the closet) and record to the hard drive. There's programs that won't record, unless there's movement in the field of vision. Delete if there's nothing eventful every few days. You can even set it up to havean alarm, so if you're up late (on MCF) then you know to check the feed... if there's someone messing with the car then go kick their rear. Or, back up the feed and take it with you to the police station... they can't deny a video, no amount of aliby's can save em.

Don't have a motion light... that usually spooks em... and just tresspassing doesn't mean nothin.... they could have (even a paper-thin) aliby, and the cops won't bother just because your car happened to be vandalized a few weeks earlier. Just get something out of the field of view of the camera, but so that it sheds enough light to make faces stand out against the background. Usually this won't upset even the whiniest of neighbors.

It's better if it's timed... something motion activated can be annoying as it flicks on and off throughout the night.

I've seen some cool products out there too..., from motion activated squirt guns... (for animals, but hey, who wants to vandalize a vehicle when ur getting soaked) to motion activated barking dog things...

But you're right, a real dog (preferably mean)is the best when it comes to protection for stuff in your yard. Heck, my neighbor has a meanlittle wire-haired datusn or some tiny little dog, and they never get teepeed.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How about this nice bumper sticker?
In addition to the angry doberman.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 PM

Yeah, but a bumper sticker like that turns even the lamest license plate light popo-stop into a helicopter news even with you getting a felony stop and handcuffed so they can search ur car for weapons... lol

Plus, round here ppl laff at smith&wesson.. most ppl keep loaded 12 gauges for the backyard, lol. Never know when a deer is gonna wander on ur property.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:43 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

See anything here you like? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...cd=2&gl=us

Old 10-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR
Plus, round here ppl laff at smith&wesson.. most ppl keep loaded 12 gauges for the backyard, lol. Never know when a deer is gonna wander on ur property.
people laugh at me for firing 9mm at the firing range......

Old 10-16-2007, 02:47 PM

A 12 guage for deer? Holy snap! I thiought a 30-06 was overkill!

Old 10-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Shoot gentlemen... I'm 49... But I got my first black belt when I was 17, studying under Master Norbert Donnelly (Isshinryu), and my second black belt when I was 23, studying under GrandMaster Sang Sop Kil (TaeKwonDo). My age makes me dangerous, because I know I have may be, just may be30-seconds to do my damage or I'm going to get seriously hurt -- causeI'mfat, older, and out-of-shape, so... If I can catch these individuals, I wouldbe force to use fatal forcebecause, of course I'mgoing tobe in grave fear of my life... At least thatis my story and I'm sticking with it...