Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How did you get to the montes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:16 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
Well... I only let him take it to work when I want something done to it... LOL He works at a body shop that's hooked on to a chevy dealership.. Funny enough he took it there today because my axle shaft thing was bent and the tie rod end was broken..So it's getting fixed! haha! But I also just got my SLP grille which he will be putting on tomorrow after it gets fixed.. when he brings it back it's usually like having a new Monte! lol
Sounds like a great deal! I still need to get some more parts and put them all on one nice day this spring

Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member

When I was a kid, my dream car was a third gen Camaro. In fact, I bought 3 Camaros (83, 84, and 85) from a cousin of mine for $400 when I was 15 and had the intention of using the parts from all 3 and making the 85 my running Camaro. Well, everything was going good, but the body work proved to be too much and when I was 16 I realized that I was going to need something else, but I didn't know what. I had been driving my parents 95 Lumina back and fourth to school, and I thought it was a nice car, but that was about it. Then one day in my high school art class, we had to do a painting of any picture that we found in a magazine that our teacher provided in class. I was starting to get really interested in cars at that point and I ended up doing a painting of a mid 90's Toyota Supra. Even though I didn't do a painting of a Monte, I ended up finding this ad before I decided to paint the Supra:

I loved how the ad made the Monte look dark and smooth and it was cool. The thing that really popped out to me though was that out of a 3.4L v6, it was making about the same amount of hp as the same year Mustang GT was. That's when I started liking Monte's.

After that, during my senior year of high school I found a beat up 95 Monte Carlo LS and had to buy it. It was so cool to me and after winning a couple of street races with it I thought it was a beast (little did I know, lol). Looking back, the races sucked since the one was against an 82 Camaro Z28 (which if you know anything about that year Camaro, it's a dog), and then I raced a 92 Civic Si and won one race but lost the second. I loved the car and joined MyMonte.com soon after buying it. My LS was known after awhile as the Monte with the blue dash and 3 pairs of fog lights, lol. However, after I had a few bad experiences with that Monte I wanted to move onto something different and ended up buying a 99 Ford ZX2.

A little over a year later the ZX2 ended up getting totalled tragically and I was on the hunt again for another car. It was then that a former employer of mine told me about a red 98 Z34 for sale if I was interested. I bought it the following monday.

The rest is history

Old 12-28-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by zipper
When I was a kid, my dream car was a third gen Camaro. In fact, I bought 3 Camaros (83, 84, and 85) from a cousin of mine for $400 when I was 15 and had the intention of using the parts from all 3 and making the 85 my running Camaro. Well, everything was going good, but the body work proved to be too much and when I was 16 I realized that I was going to need something else, but I didn't know what. I had been driving my parents 95 Lumina back and fourth to school, and I thought it was a nice car, but that was about it. Then one day in my high school art class, we had to do a painting of any picture that we found in a magazine that our teacher provided in class. I was starting to get really interested in cars at that point and I ended up doing a painting of a mid 90's Toyota Supra. Even though I didn't do a painting of a Monte, I ended up finding this ad before I decided to paint the Supra:

I loved how the ad made the Monte look dark and smooth and it was cool. The thing that really popped out to me though was that out of a 3.4L v6, it was making about the same amount of hp as the same year Mustang GT was. That's when I started liking Monte's.

After that, during my senior year of high school I found a beat up 95 Monte Carlo LS and had to buy it. It was so cool to me and after winning a couple of street races with it I thought it was a beast (little did I know, lol). Looking back, the races sucked since the one was against an 82 Camaro Z28 (which if you know anything about that year Camaro, it's a dog), and then I raced a 92 Civic Si and won one race but lost the second. I loved the car and joined MyMonte.com soon after buying it. My LS was known after awhile as the Monte with the blue dash and 3 pairs of fog lights, lol. However, after I had a few bad experiences with that Monte I wanted to move onto something different and ended up buying a 99 Ford ZX2.

A little over a year later the ZX2 ended up getting totalled tragically and I was on the hunt again for another car. It was then that a former employer of mine told me about a red 98 Z34 for sale if I was interested. I bought it the following monday.

The rest is history
Wow thats a great story!!! I love that ad also,it truly describes a monte driver
And i know what you mean,i almost bought a v6 mustang off my cousin,but the monte makes just as much hp and is better for winter!!

Old 12-28-2011, 10:11 PM

I've always liked the "personal luxury coupe" class of automobiles. Years ago I owned a couple of Dodge Miradas, also in this class. Growing up, I always loved the 80's Monte Carlo SS's. I finally got my first Monte Carlo because I wanted a coupe that offered more room than, say, a Cavalier.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich
I've always liked the "personal luxury coupe" class of automobiles. Years ago I owned a couple of Dodge Miradas, also in this class. Growing up, I always loved the 80's Monte Carlo SS's. I finally got my first Monte Carlo because I wanted a coupe that offered more room than, say, a Cavalier.
Before when i had the monte sickness(didnt own one yet) I couldnt find anything good on craigslist soo after about 2 months my dad took me to look at cars and we stopped at a small dealer with a newer yellow cavalier,i looked at it,it was nice but not a monte and about 1/3rd the size lol

Old 12-29-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
Before when i had the monte sickness(didnt own one yet) I couldnt find anything good on craigslist soo after about 2 months my dad took me to look at cars and we stopped at a small dealer with a newer yellow cavalier,i looked at it,it was nice but not a monte and about 1/3rd the size lol
I had an '03 LS Sport coupe and the main thing I miss is the 5 speed and the 30+ mpg.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by KJRich
I had an '03 LS Sport coupe and the main thing I miss is the 5 speed and the 30+ mpg.
Hahah i bet! My sister has a 5 speed eclipse getting over 33 hahah

Old 12-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Zen

Before i got the monte i wasn't a monte lover never really look at them much.Went looking for a car(my first) an just happen to find a silver 77 monte sitting up a tree.$800 later i was driving her back to base.Been in to them ever since just some thing about how they ride look that I like.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by zenloser
Before i got the monte i wasn't a monte lover never really look at them much.Went looking for a car(my first) an just happen to find a silver 77 monte sitting up a tree.$800 later i was driving her back to base.Been in to them ever since just some thing about how they ride look that I like.
Hope you got a deal if it was up in a tree..
But yeah its something about them that sets them off from the other cars,especally with a v8

Old 12-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Zen

Oops ment under a tree
I just like using random words i'm cool like that

Quick Reply: How did you get to the montes?