Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How did you get to the montes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bought my 1st Monte when my Caviler got totaled. Been buying them since. Dad always loved and owned a Monte.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:59 PM

N00B SAIB0T

I remember sitting in an 06/07 monte carlo ss way back when it first came out at the Cleveland Auto Show. I was like , fast forward to 2011 when I paid off my Mustang, I went car hunting....and at first I searched for a Jeep, and thankfully thru my search I stumbled on the monte I've always wanted. The rest is history. love this ride and glad I purchased it.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by WannaMCSS
It started for me when I sold my 79 Trans am for a more suitable familly car.
It only seats 2 in the back and you cant drive it all year in the snow.
So I started researching something that would be practical and still make me smile to drive.
And although I'm not in my MC just yet.

I want (and am getting one) an 06 SS for the reason it is simply the best practical modern muscle car.
8cyl - check
Muscle/Race Car Heritage (accepted at car shows & cruise nights) - check
Front Wheel Drive (good in snow) - check
Seats 3 in the back (i got 3 kids) - check
2 door is sporty - check
Somewhat affordable - check
Drives awesome - check
Luxery options - check

I've always really liked every gen MC mostly the G body ones but when I found out this car has everything going for it like the above.
I cant go wrong with it.

Mustangs and Camaros only sit 2 in the back, the Challenger sits 3 but is rear wheel drive.
And since my wife isnt comfortable with rear wheel in the snow that leaves the challenger out too, plus even base models are pricey.

When I look at the MCs it's amazing how GM actually met every one of my requirements in a car.

Hands down, its a perfect car.
Plus my 2 older brothers built the drivetrains working for GM.
So I have a familly connection.

With all this I might just turn into some kind of Monte Carlo spokesperson nut.
We all might
Originally Posted by oneslowmonte
I just saw one cruising one day and had to have one really as simple as that!
Same here but it was at a car show
Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
lol yeah is crazy i've slowed down now that I'm very happy with the 2 i have. although I'm thinking of upgrading the truck in a few years or adding a 3rd car to the collection
Cant go wrong with more

Originally Posted by augi
HEY!!!!

I LOVE my 5th gen just fine!
Oh i wasnt dissing them,im saying you wont get board when you have a 5th and 6th gen cause there both different

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Bought my 1st Monte when my Caviler got totaled. Been buying them since. Dad always loved and owned a Monte.
You have monte history

Originally Posted by Chev E. Chelios
I remember sitting in an 06/07 monte carlo ss way back when it first came out at the Cleveland Auto Show. I was like , fast forward to 2011 when I paid off my Mustang, I went car hunting....and at first I searched for a Jeep, and thankfully thru my search I stumbled on the monte I've always wanted. The rest is history. love this ride and glad I purchased it.
I think all the members are glad we purchased ours

Old 11-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bought wife's 2005 Impala ss fell in love with supercharged 3800, Know I had to get one but 4 door's so , I found 2005 Monte ss supercharged with 15,000 miles bought it..At 16,900 miles GM put new engine in $O cost because it spun a cam shaft bearing, now Monte has 51,000 miles..

Old 11-25-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
Im just wondering how everybody on here got to loving the Montes?Mine was after my mom selling her 97 camaro rs when i was 6(loved that car) they test drove a monte carlo ls.Then 2 years ago i was at a car show that goes every friday night and saw this Supercharged SS and just fell in love with it and knew i had to have one

Interestingly enough, I followed a yellow one home like in your pic every night and absolutely fell in love, now I own my .03, best car I EVER had, including my '65 SS Impala!!

Mike

Old 11-25-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Warhorse
Interestingly enough, I followed a yellow one home like in your pic every night and absolutely fell in love, now I own my .03, best car I EVER had, including my '65 SS Impala!!

Mike
Sweet! I was trying to get a black SS(like yours) but when i found my yellow one on craigslist i knew it was for me:p

Originally Posted by zjerry
Bought wife's 2005 Impala ss fell in love with supercharged 3800, Know I had to get one but 4 door's so , I found 2005 Monte ss supercharged with 15,000 miles bought it..At 16,900 miles GM put new engine in $O cost because it spun a cam shaft bearing, now Monte has 51,000 miles..
Sounds like a good deal to me,wish i was supercharged,..after high school

Old 11-28-2011, 07:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Had a 94 Ford explorer, then my boyfriend actually sold his Grand Prix GTP and bought me my 01 monte for my birthday, my dream car, other than a Lotus Elise. He's stuck driving a 99 ford f150, but I guess he doesn't mind!

Love my monte so much..and my boyfriend too I guess. :p

Old 12-18-2011, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by knightfan26917
You asked:

Rest of the story here:
Cort's Monte Carlo Story

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = Cort's Web Pages
"It's the right time to rock the night away" __ Bobby Helms __ 'Jingle Bell Rock'
I read the whole story and all i can say is WOW!!!! Im soo glad people do actually get what they want every once in awhile

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
Had a 94 Ford explorer, then my boyfriend actually sold his Grand Prix GTP and bought me my 01 monte for my birthday, my dream car, other than a Lotus Elise. He's stuck driving a 99 ford f150, but I guess he doesn't mind!

Love my monte so much..and my boyfriend too I guess. :p
Do you love him enough to let him drive it is the real questionlol

Old 12-19-2011, 08:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy

Do you love him enough to let him drive it is the real questionlol

Well... I only let him take it to work when I want something done to it... LOL He works at a body shop that's hooked on to a chevy dealership.. Funny enough he took it there today because my axle shaft thing was bent and the tie rod end was broken..So it's getting fixed! haha! But I also just got my SLP grille which he will be putting on tomorrow after it gets fixed.. when he brings it back it's usually like having a new Monte! lol

Quick Reply: How did you get to the montes?