Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>Have you ever Raced ?<

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking >Wanta Race Here > -= = = = = = = = = = = =

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
As long as it is taken care of (obvious routine maintenance) They can handle the beating very well. Obviously not doing it constantly, but every now and then :P

Hi `Jen, Wanta Race `Me ?

Funny Car driver Alexis DeJoria makes her own way in NHRA

Jeff Olson, Special for USA TODAY Sports2:08 p.m. EDT August 28, 2014

(Photo: Mark J. Rebilas, USA TODAY Sports)

1190CONNECT
51TWEETLINKEDIN
2COMMENTEMAILMORE

The offer stands, but NHRA drag racer Alexis DeJoria is never going to accept it.
Her father, billionaire entrepreneur John Paul DeJoria, says he'll pay his daughter $1 million if she'll have her tattoos removed. At first, he was serious, but over time the offer has faded into a running joke between them. The tattoos are first-rate, by some of the best artists in the country, and they define her.
In a roundabout way, body art helped a wealthy, famous father understand the daughter he calls his "wild child." The daughter who refuses to live the life of wealthy heiress. The daughter who goes 300 mph in a race car. The daughter whose tattoos can't be bought off.
Makes sense. After all, there's a lot of John Paul DeJoria in that ink.
"I tease her about having them removed, but they're part of who she is," DeJoria, 70, told USA TODAY Sports. "It's part of the connection she makes with people. In my day, you just didn't get tattoos unless you were in the Navy, but now it's more acceptable. I'm amazed at the amount of people who know who she is. Recently I was at a major event and at least a dozen people walked up to me and said, 'Can I shake your hand? I'm a big fan of Alexis.' "
MORE: DeJoria's roots show in billionaire father
Her fanbase could expand this weekend when she has a chance to make history. DeJoria enters the Summit Racing Equipment Southern Nationals at Atlanta Dragway third in the Funny Car standings and poised to post the 100th event victory by a woman in NHRA history.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've raced a lot over the years both street an strip.Was 2nd in points two years in a row in a sport compact class with a broken truck
I love racing have been able to do it for a few years,I really want to get back into it.I'm think of building a open wheel rat rod racecar

Old 09-07-2014, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Zen
I've raced a lot over the years both street an strip.Was 2nd in points two years in a row in a sport compact class with a broken truck
I love racing have been able to do it for a few years,I really want to get back into it.I'm think of building a open wheel rat rod racecar

Hi `Chris, do you have any pictures > Vid's to post/share.
We all would love to see them I didn't know that you raced & I hope you can get back in2 it....

Please post your pic's > Vid's `if you have them

Old 09-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

There was a few vids of me racing but I haven't been able to find them for a while now