Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

What have you raced? details...

Old 12-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Default What have you raced? details...

ok i know all i have is a 3.5 monte but being young and dumb i like to race other cars with it but often times I wonder if i really have a chance against something or is it even worth the time, so, im starting this post so that we can all post what we have with mods and all and what've we've raced.

Ill start:

07 LT 3.5
CAI
vs.
08 Stack eclipse
The eclispse got me off the line but once mine hit second I past it and got it by a 6-7 lenghts in the quarter

07 LT 3.5
CAI, Magnaflow cat-back
vs.
2003 Cadilac CTS
3.2 northstar and 5 speed manual tranny, but still stock
I got it off the line but the caddy quickly ate it back up and got half a car ahead and we stayed like that all the way through the 1/4

Old 12-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Default RE: What have you raced? details...

07 3.5 lt
CAI
vs.
05 Z71 Tahoe
CAI, Diablosport programmer.
I got it off the line and ended up getting it by 8-9 lenghts in the 1/4

Old 12-25-2008, 05:27 PM

ok not to sound like an a hole but seriously...... a tahoe????????
and how do you know they were racing you???? and if you were on the drag strip then i guess that proves that wrong.
ill agree with being young and wanting to race anything with wheels, as im 19 woo hoo. stupid mustangs

Old 12-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

destroy:

04 cobra convertible
04 sti (3 times)
c5
c6 (2 times)
04 gto
05+ 'stang with exhaust & cai
01 cobra
LS2 gto (even)
charger srt8
02 gtp
350z nismo
G35
TL A-spec
GTI-turbo

got killed by:

04 mach 1
trailblazer ss with exhaust, cai & tune. oops didn't know it's all wheel drive

Old 12-25-2008, 06:02 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: silverbullitt

destroy:

04 cobra convertible
04 sti (3 times)
c5
c6 (2 times)
04 gto
05+ 'stang with exhaust & cai
01 cobra
LS2 gto (even)
charger srt8
02 gtp
350z nismo
G35
TL A-spec
GTI-turbo

got killed by:

04 mach 1
trailblazer ss with exhaust, cai & tune. oops didn't know it's all wheel drive
i almost fell out of my chair when i read this post.....

so you mean to tell me you beat an 04 cobra mustang, but yet the mach 1, with 70 less horsepowe,r beat you? that list is full of BS, no Monte Calro ever assembled could beat those cars without heavy modding.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:22 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

i new it when i post it i'm going to have someone saying BS. that's why i don't like posting in the racing section. the 04 cobra is a a convertible and is a little heavier than the coupe. i have no idea how much heavier. the mach 1 belong to my friend, he's modded with long tube headers, exhaust, H pipe , tune plus he's better driver than me.
here's my mods list:

https://montecarloforum.com/m_111101/mpage_3/tm.htm

here you go cowgirl, some pic of build.

anything thing else you want to see? receipt? dyno sheet? dyno video?
i don't want to argue with you let's get back to the topic.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:58 PM

id still be interested in seeing your dyno sheets. id like to see it, not to make fune of but since you built it, ive seen one that was running something like 560 horse was kinda kool didnt sound the best tho.

although how did the trail blazer beat you. my bro has one and its not all that fast. id like to see it supercharged tho

Old 12-25-2008, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: inssanity21

ok not to sound like an a hole but seriously...... a tahoe????????
and how do you know they were racing you????
First off how would i know about his mods if he was some guy on the road?? But anyways no it wasnt on a "formal strip". we have a section of highway we go to in the middle of the night with everything measured out exactly.. people have been goin there for years. The three vehicles I listed were on that strip. The tahoe also had an aftermarket rearend and you also gotta consider i have a v6 so anything is suitable race with it. oh and also you ask why a tahoe??? The guy I raced is a close friend of mine and he just got this tahoe.. the one he had before, an '03, had 37" tires and ran high 14 1/4's NA. He had a bunch of mods on it and his motor was rebuilt for horsepower. it wont be to long before this new one is doing that or better.. and before you ask I dont know exactly what allo he had in it other than over $10,000. But i rode in it a bunch and have seen actually time slips from a dragway in mobile.

I didnt list everything that ive casually raced on the street because there is really no way of telling what they have exactly and if they were actually racing or not.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:18 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

ORIGINAL: inssanity21

id still be interested in seeing your dyno sheets. id like to see it, not to make fune of but since you built it, ive seen one that was running something like 560 horse was kinda kool didnt sound the best tho.

although how did the trail blazer beat you. my bro has one and its not all that fast. id like to see it supercharged tho
i don't have a scanner, give me your fax number and i'll fax it to you tomorrow. here's the dyno result i post in local club after the dyno day. this is on a MUSTANG DYNO. the number will be smaller than DYNO JET machine. silverbullet, is my user name in the thread. i had both the mustang and dyno jet number.

http://www.thechicagogarage.org/foru...?t=5573&page=3

http://s437.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=MVI_3057.flv
http://s437.photobucket.com/albums/q...rrent=mcss.flv

the blazer ss beat me cause i had crappy launch bottom line. i was just peeling out. by the time i had my foot off the gas and the car hooked, he was gone. he got me good, end of the story! after the race he told me the blazer was tuned, exhaust , cai, and awd. i'm not ashame to admit that i got smoked by a suv can't beat them all!

Old 12-25-2008, 10:03 PM

It wasn't a race. It was a "Keep-up with the Exotics." Last August, I took the Monte from Boston over to Saratoga Springs, NY. We you're half-way across Massachusetts on Interstate 90, the pace quickens. You find yourself doing 80+ in some stretches. An Audi and a BMW were wasting no time. Had to be doing a buck-ten or better when I decided to get in the game. I had a fun afternoon keeping-up with the swifties. Pushing the Monte above a hundred, while keeping my eyes on the tail-lights of the two guys up-ahead. I couldn't trust the rubber I was on or I'd have seen what the old girl would do. I guess GM sets it at about 108. Something like that. I would have made it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you raced? details...