Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

has this Monte been wrecked ?! advise please

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
A lot of factory cars (including at least some year 6th gen Montes) have painted hood bumpers. I thought the same of my Monte (that I knew was in an accident) until a saw another, never been wrecked Monte with painted hood bumpers. I don't know WHY the factory paints them (as the paint never holds).
Mine are painted also. And being the original owner of the car, I can tell you for a fact it hasn't been wrecked and repainted.

Please post what you find out. We're curious about what the official verdict is.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:17 PM

UPDATE! went around to body shops today and got opinions ... all three concluded that it had been in a fender bender... the support that holds the head lights is cracked and broken... when that happened it pushed the hood and that latch is loose thats what has been making the hood bounce a little and look funny along with the support... im going to get the fenders straightened out too... its also missing a couple clips and the lights arent too secure so that has something to do with the spaces and such...

i really need to get a new hood 550$ plus D:.. but im going to get that latch welded at the base until i can afford a good ... no body things the radiator support is pushed in (thousands in repairs) so thats a plus...

all and all im looking at 240 to get the support, fenders realigned , clips and welding ... thats do able i guess lol

Thanks to all , it really helped.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:10 PM

at least it wasnt too expensive, what'd you pay for the car? I'd say thats not a bad deal if you got the car at a good price plus a bit of fixing dosent sound too bad.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:08 PM

I paid 44 .... I could have done better... but o well lol you live and you learn hahaha... im just trying to get these mistakes out of the way while im young lol...

buying the car wasnt a mistake , buying it without knowing was .