Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

has this Monte been wrecked ?! advise please

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Default has this Monte been wrecked ?! advise please

check out this link and look at the fron pictures please i carfaxed it and it says no reported damage but i also know that doesnt mean it hasnt been wrecked.... the front light grate where the fog light is on the ss is broke and the hood to me doesnt look right it doenst fit right to me anyway... unfortunately i realized this after i bought it dumb *** i know ... and i looked at it for atleast a couple hours before i bought idk how im that dumb...

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 2dr Cpe LS - Online Cars | Dallas Used Cars | Auto dealership in Lewisville, Texas

Old 02-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks like something is definitely wrong with the hood!

Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 PM

I'd personally stay away fromt he car, maybe its just the color but some of the panels just don't look right to me.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Doesn't look like passenger fender and door are lined up either from the pics. Far as hood goes, see if the front adjusters are to high. Not sure if these cars have them right off hand like the old cars do. Might just be an easy adjustment problem. Can't return it so gonna have to live with it. Run it by a body shop and have them look at it. Kinda like an estimate. Should be free. Then you will know if it was wrecked. Could have just been a minor issue.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Looks Like a Nice Monte..
The space on the hood looks a little off not to bad..

Last edited by zjerry; 02-23-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

center console lid in the pics is missing......

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 02-23-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by 77gp
Doesn't look like passenger fender and door are lined up either from the pics. Far as hood goes, see if the front adjusters are to high. Not sure if these cars have them right off hand like the old cars do. Might just be an easy adjustment problem. Can't return it so gonna have to live with it. Run it by a body shop and have them look at it. Kinda like an estimate. Should be free. Then you will know if it was wrecked. Could have just been a minor issue.
The fender was the panel I was thinking of. When I bought my LS with a salvage title it had a problem with the way the hood sat and it was just an easy adjustment. I'd say as long as there is not frame damage then I guess its not a huge deal, but for the dealer to list it as having no accidents? When it clearly looks as if it has been is pretty misleading.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well you're right, carfax only has reported damage. But let me throw this possibility out to you.

Obviously the car has been modded. It has the black headlight assemblies, the screens in the headrests, etc. Perhaps the previous owner had replaced the stock hood and front bumper cover/grill with aftermarket pieces. Like an RKSport kit for example. Then when they decided to sell the car, they de-modded some of the car, but didn't do a good job of re-installing and adjusting the original pieces.

Just a thought.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Well you're right, carfax only has reported damage. But let me throw this possibility out to you.

Obviously the car has been modded. It has the black headlight assemblies, the screens in the headrests, etc. Perhaps the previous owner had replaced the stock hood and front bumper cover/grill with aftermarket pieces. Like an RKSport kit for example. Then when they decided to sell the car, they de-modded some of the car, but didn't do a good job of re-installing and adjusting the original pieces.

Just a thought.
Always possible! And I totally didn't notice the black healights until you said something.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
center console lid in the pics is missing......
Those center console lids don't stand up to a lot of abuse. Might've broken off at the hinge and never replaced. Or maybe the previous owner mounted something to it and drilled a bunch of holes in it.

Either way, check the local junk yards. If you have a junk yard that let's you pick the parts off yourself, go that route. Should be an easy replacement.

Quick Reply: has this Monte been wrecked ?! advise please