Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Crowd riots at Florida Mall over new Nikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:13 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Crowd riots at Florida Mall over new Nikes

Hi Member's,
I don't know about you but I wouldn't stand in line all night to buy a pair of shoes that cost over $200 4-Sure...I can't believe these kids have that much Money $
But, I don't even like to wear shoes & would go barefoot all the time if I could...I hate, yes hate wearing steel-toe boots @ the warehouse

I thought (yes, I do think ), that a few member's would enjoy some crazy news from a Florida space...I just can't comprehend some people in 2days world...& what they `do or have the time & money 2 `do...What do you think ?
Crowd riots at Florida Mall over new Nikes

<!-- display the galleria photos --><!--- florida-mall-crowd-0223

--->

Mounted patrol helps disperse a crowd at the Florida Mall.

<!-- End Headline Header --><!-- story --><!-- date -->By Mark Jenkins, Reporter
Last Updated: Friday, February 24, 2012 8:57 AM <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->0

<!-- AddThis Button END -->
<!-- end date -->
<!-- video box-->Video Stories

<!-- end video box --><!-- iPOLLS BOX -->i-Poll

See what others are saying

<!-- end right panel -->ORLANDO -- Authorities said a crowd of hundreds turned to chaos at the Florida Mall, all over new basketball shoes.
Police in riot gear and horseback were called to the mall late Thursday night to handle the crowd of people anxiously waiting to get their hands on an expensive, limited edition pair of sneakers.
Witnesses said there were about 1,200 people waiting outside Foot Locker for the release of the Nike Air Foamposite One Galaxy, a galactic-themed sneaker designed in part as a nod to Florida's space industry.
The shoes feature a colorful, starry design resembling a nebula in deep space. They even glow in the dark.
Officials said Foot Locker only had about 200 pairs of the new sneakers, and were prepared to start selling them at 11 p.m. Thursday.
But police said a crowd quickly formed outside the store more hours earlier. So officers asked everyone to wait across the street.
Then, around 9:45 p.m., police said one person made a run toward the store, and the rest of the crowd quickly followed, resulting in what some called "absolute chaos."
Orlando police in riot gear and Orange County deputies on horseback tried to restore order, and a helicopter circled overhead.
As the crowds pushed toward the store, officers formed a line and used shields to keep back the crowds, all as people stood chanting, "We want foams."
"Everyone started pushing up on the guy who owns Nike, the guy who runs the whole show," said James Coffey, who was visiting from New York. "He just cancelled it out of nowhere."
Authorities eventually managed to get the crowds under control. No injuries were reported.
As of Friday morning, store officials said the release at the Florida Mall has been cancelled.
But many people remained waiting outside, saying they don't believe the event has been completely cancelled, and they didn't want to give up their spot in line in case they were right.
The Foamposite One Galaxy sneakers are listed for $220, but it's the reportedly resale value of around $2,000 that has people scrambling to get their hands on a pair.
^^^Where are they getting the $'s ^^^^^^^
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member's, what is the most that you've ever paid for a pair of shoes ? ? ? ?

Last edited by Space; 02-24-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Stupidity at it"s finest

Old 02-24-2012, 08:19 AM

LoL `Jerry,
"I'm Stupid really ~> Fine, thank YOU" LOL

Old 02-24-2012, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I pay around $70-$90 for shoes. I keep a good pair of Asics to workout in, and I have 3 pairs of dress shoes. One leather pair strictly for suits, and 2 slip on leather shoes in black and brown.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

It's a sad day indeed when people equate their worth (and think others judge them) by the type of shoe they wear, or the phone they own, or the car they drive rather than respect, common sense and the contributions they have made to the world around them. Truly pathetic...

Old 02-24-2012, 09:05 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

People are nuts!

Old 02-24-2012, 09:09 AM

Yes `Mike, I find incidents like above very sad, and very expensive for the taxpayers I don't judge people by their shoes, or cloths ~> I judge them by the car they drive ~>

Seriously, I do think the way a owner takes care of their vehicle reflects a lot about that person 4-Sure...
In most cases I found it to be a great analogy between driver & car I also believe a person is as good or bad as the actions of their words...4-Sure
Thanks everyone for posting/sharing...I enjoy reading your words & what falls outa your mind...My mind is empty again & I still have about 2 more hours until I get `off
I know, I'm way `off already this morning ~>

Mod `Mike, you have a lot of shoes...I guess I will always be a barefoot suntanned beach bum I don't like my feet to be kept a prisioner ~> LOL, they want to be out to dance & run around ~>

Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Mod `Mike, you have a lot of shoes...I guess I will always be a barefoot suntanned beach bum I don't like my feet to be kept a prisioner ~> LOL, they want to be out to dance & run around ~>
Nah... That's the normal amount for any guy :p

You need a shoe for all possibilities. the black and brown slip-on dress shoes can easily dress-up or dress-down, and look better with a pair of skinnier or darker denim jeans than a pair of sneakers.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
People are nuts!

`Amy, are you saying "All the People" Are you not People ? LOL (It's a good thing that I'm a Alien) ~> LOL

Whatz U mean ? Me Crazy ?

^^I can't take read'in,
see'in another post by
that weird space alien...
I want my mom'ie
He's driving me CRAZIER 4-SUre

Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

So stupid, i could never see myself waiting in a line like that for anything, and if i am ever in a line like that there better be a darn good reason

Quick Reply: Crowd riots at Florida Mall over new Nikes