Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Global Warming-Myth Or Real?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:26 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Go ahead and share it Brittany, we'll listen (rather, read) what you have to say!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Go ahead and share it Brittany, we'll listen (rather, read) what you have to say!

ha well you asked for it lol i'll try to make it as short and uncomplicated as possible and i dont think i've ever tried to explain it other than in person so just bear with me if it all sounds crazy and confusing

okay pretty much it kinda touches on how you mentioned the whole global cooling thing. idk if anyone else has said something about all this in the thread bcuz i just kinda did a quick scan but here's my (crazy) thoughts

so yes there's a hole in the ozone layer up in the north polar area and yes that area is getting warmer, which explains why all of the ice caps are melting at such a rapid rate. that part of the planet IS warming up (that's your global warming) but try to wrap your brain around this.

i've done some minor research on my own about a year ago and found that there are a few MAJOR currents that so call connect all the oceans together in a way. i wish i could find a pic of what i'm talking about on the net but no luck yet but just try to imagine a few main currents in the ocean's all intersecting each other at different places. these currents help control the weather of the Earth so to speak. just think about what we all learned in grade school about the water cycle pretty much. well a part of these currents goes to the north pole area where all the ice caps are melting and making the water in that area colder. Well this colder water start to circulate into the other parts of the ocean making the ocean colder which starts to change the weather.

Okay this isn’t going as well as I hoped trying to explain this on here. Okay here’s an example of what I’m saying…

So living in Florida these past couple months I have heard all about hurricane season and stuff and lived through one. Well during the ENTIRE hurricane season we had this year Pensacola (and I believe the rest of the state) only really got hit by tropical depressions/storms. Yes, there were hurricanes in the tropics but once that hurricane hit the colder Gulf and shore waters it decreased in size rapidly. This is because hurricanes ‘survive’ on warm waters. They can’t stay strong and mighty hurricanes once they hit cold water (usually). The water is obviously getting colder to where it wasn’t able to support the hurricanes this year. Who knows what will happen next year though. Colder water also helps explain why the weather has been so d--n cold everywhere in the US this year (haven’t been keeping track of other nations weather patterns, one place at a time).

Hmm still didn’t work like I wanted, but do you guys get my general idea? Or should I try again lol

Old 02-08-2010, 10:46 PM

Here's the best pics of the currents that i'm refering to that i could find

SURFACE CURRENTS

DEEP OCEAN CURRENTS

Old 02-09-2010, 05:49 AM

...I'm impressed & amazed @ what a member can learn on our Monte Carlo Family Forum WoW.....I feel like I'm back in MobileHomeSchool Thanks Member's, I've enjoyed reading your views/comments on Member R.J.'s thread topic 4-Sure.....

EnJoy your `Now.....Peace/Out

Old 02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If the ozone is depleteing, the ice IS going to melt.

Completely off topic here.
Every time an electric motor starts it creates ozone. So......... how can the ozone layer be depleteing? Other sources create ozone besides electric motors. So how can the ozone be depleteing?

Okay. Never buy into a story without gathering information on your own. That's is why the government is as large as it is. They have unlimited (you & I) sources of revenue they can tap. They can make numbers say anything they want them to. And they do work numbers to their advantage all time.

I can't speak for the younger people on here. But the older ones. Anyone remember when you were a child, how was winter where you grew up? Here in Ohio we used to get a lot of snow during the winter. During the 1970s and 80s our winters warmed to where we weren't getting as much snow as we did in the 1960s when I was a child. Still, the earth goes through warming stages naturally just like it goes through ice ages NATURALLY. The fact Al Gore says the earth has warmed one gree in the past 100 years is baloney. Prove to me this isn't occuring from the de-foresting of this nation like I posted before.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:38 PM

I'm just saying what I think. I didn't hear any of this from the government or whatever besides the ozone layer. you say stuff lets off ozone, well it's not the actual layer that covers the Earth and can't just be repaired like that. idk i dont feel like getting into it tonight.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Brittany, we discussed one time a couple of weeks ago in Environmental Science class those ocean currents. They also reverse every so many years. Which cycle they are in and the activity of the sun all effect climate her on Earth. When Coleman pioneered the accuweather system, it had a warm bias in it due to all of those things. Now it is looking like those said currents could change and that would result in more snow fall like we are seeing. It is still too soon to really say one way or the other about if these winters like we're experiencing this year are going to become the norm, but it is something to keep in mind. The warm bias in the accuweather also contributes to scientists believing that the world is going to continue to get warmer.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 PM

i think it is a joke majority of europ makes there oil in a man made labratory amsoil for one and royal perple is getting ready to make there line up strickly in there facility. they only take a tanker of oil to ther 100 million trucks they send out to distributers. that sell the oil and to top it off we the amarican people the country that every is scard of can dominate what ever in its way if all of amarica needs to nut up or get out of the way of progress of the ones who want to make us greater . we can get threw the shortage and just do what we need to do and make people scared what i mean is damn they scared me they thaught of making things better for daily life. we need to get to gether and shut people up on spoofs and get the real deal the global warming is a fraud and those people need to be hung in a public place

Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 PM

yeah i see what you are saying duane. i've never had any 'formal' education about the whole thing. this is just some 'theory' i pieced together with random info i've seen on tv or the internet lol