Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, and I'm doing something to help : )
60.00%
No, I don't care - It's someone else's problem
40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

`Are you concerned about GLOBAL WARMING ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:28 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default `Are you concerned about GLOBAL WARMING ?

[align=center][/align][align=center]Space, will it hurt my Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center]Will it hurt my family & friends ?[/align][align=center]Will there be fuel ?[/align][align=center]Will there be water ?[/align][align=center]Will there be life ?[/align][align=center]Read below[/align][align=center]to find[/align][align=center]out[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What's Spreading across North America ?[/align][align=center]OUR WORLD[/align][align=center]?[/align][align=center]Water $7.00 a gal.[/align][align=center]What ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Go to post 5[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]It's `free 2 Read[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align][ul][align=center][/align][align=center]Home[/align][*][align=center]Join[/align][*][align=center]Learn[/align][*][align=center]Take Action[/align][*][align=center]Promote[/align][*][align=center]News[/align][*][align=center]Video[/align][*][align=center]Marchers[/align][*][align=center]Partners[/align][*][align=center]Classroom[/align][*][align=center]Tell A Friend[/align][/ul][align=center]
StopGlobalWarming.org
This is a movement about change, as individuals, as a country, and as a global community. Join the 813,274 supporters of the Stop Global Warming Virtual March, and become part of the movement to demand our leaders freeze and reduce carbon dioxide emissions now. We are all contributors to global warming and we all need to be part of the solution.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Stop Global Warming Virtual March is a non-political effort to declare that global warming is here now and it’s time to act.

Learn More![/align][ul][*][align=center]What’s this website about? [/align][*][align=center]What are experts saying about global warming? [/align][*][align=center]Why should you care and why join our march? [/align][/ul][align=center][:-] Click 2 Learn WHY [:-]
If you’re not already convinced that global warming is an issue that you need to care about [URL=http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_l

Old 06-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Default RE: `Are you concerned about GLOBAL WARMING ?

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks to the member(s)that voting `No,and not caring about[/align][align=center]our Planet &how Warm/Hot it gets!!![/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Don't waste your time reading or listening[/align][align=center]to all those Drama Queens.[/align][align=center]Listen to me, My plan is working.[/align][align=center]Reserve your Hot Spot Now .[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's great getting use to the HEAT & Polllution: ) I look forward to seeing you in your[/align][align=center]Short, DestructiveFuture [sm=badbadbad.gif]I'm winning : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Yes, we take HOT Monte Carlo's also : ) Yes, you can do `Burnouts : )[/align][align=center][sm=badbadbad.gif][/align][align=center]I love the smell of things BURNING [/align][align=center][sm=badbadbad.gif][/align][align=center]Come down & join me, I need all the Souls that I can get.[/align][align=center]We have many Bad Hot Girls[/align][align=center]Please keep being BAD[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/001741257CAC41CBB4119E552A6F195E.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 06-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i honestly dont know whats going to happen whether this global warming thing is just a hoax or what...but i dont think the way are society is going that anythings going to change really...

we might have what happened in that day after tommorrow movie

Old 06-10-2007, 08:53 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i honestly dont know whats going to happen whether this global warming thing is just a hoax or what...but i dont think the way are society is going that anythings going to change really...

we might have what happened in that day after tommorrow movie
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Josh - Mod Wiz Kidd & MFC Members,[/align][align=center]I really hope that you are right, for you & family, & the rest of our planet. I had to do research on the subject[/align][align=center]for class & there are a lot of facts that support the theory of[/align][align=center]Global Warming [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish that I could just put my head in the sand, and not worry `bout it,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]but, in my future (?), I want to get married, & have children.[X(][/align][align=center]I am concerned about the future of our World for them.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]So now, I'm reading, and trying to keep informed on this issue.[/align][align=center]It's not as much fun as I thought it would beentering adulthood : ([/align][align=center]and I'm not even old enough to legally `drink.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's no fun tohave a Monte Carlo `if there's not gas to drive it.[/align][align=center]This morning when I got `off work from one of my jobs, it[/align][align=center]was already approaching 80 degree's. I see & feel the changes : ([/align][align=center]Now[/align][align=center][:-]
Orlando:90+[/b]°F[/b]& Climbing

Partly Cloudy/Sunny
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center]Ok, time to party & get `off this deep subject : )[/align][align=center](The Beach Gang was gett'in depressed read'in my post[/align][align=center]& said that I'm sounding more & more like my Grandpa : )[/align][align=center][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][/align][align=center]Ok, Morn'in Happy Hour Begins[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=icon_cheers.gif][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 06-10-2007, 11:59 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Yes, I'm Winning[/align][align=center]Join my Team[/align][align=center]We R `Hot[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]PLEASE DON'T READ BELOW[/align][align=center][:-] WHY ?[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Updated:2007-06-10 12:33:08[/align][align=center][:-]
A Drought for the Ages Spreads Across U.S.[/align]
By Patrick O'Driscoll
[align=center][/align]
USA Today
[align=center][/align]

DENVER (June 8) - Drought, a fixture in much of the West for nearly a decade, now covers more than one-third of the continental USA. And it's spreading.

[align=center][/align]

Drought Across the Nation
[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
[hr]
[/align]

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
As summer starts, half the nation is either abnormally dry or in outright drought from prolonged lack of rain that could lead to water shortages, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor, a weekly index of conditions. Welcome rainfall last weekend from Tropical Storm Barry brought short-term relief to parts of the fire-scorched Southeast. But up to 50 inches of rain is needed to end the drought there, and this is the driest spring in the Southeast since record-keeping began in 1895, according to the National Climatic Data Center.

Coast to coast, the drought's effects are as varied as the landscapes:

In central California, ranchers are selling cattle or trucking them out of state as grazing grass dries up. In Southern California's Antelope Valley, rainfall at just 15% of normal erased the spring bloom of California poppies.

In South Florida, Lake Okeechobee, America's second-largest body of fresh water, fell last week to a record low — an average 8.89 feet above sea level. So much lake bed is dry that 12,000 acres of it caught fire last month. Saltwater intrusion threatens to contaminate municipal wells for Atlantic coastal towns as fresh groundwater levels drop.

In Alabama, shallow ponds on commercial catfish farms are dwindling, and more than half the corn and wheat crops are in poor condition.

Dry episodes have become so persistent in the West that some scientists and water managers say drought is the "new normal" there. Reinforcing that notion are global-warming projections warning of more and deeper dry spells in the Southwest, although a report in last week's Science magazine challenges the climate models and suggests there will be more rainfall worldwide later this century.

[align=center][/align]

Dire Forecast for the Southwest
[align=center][/align][center]
In April, Scientists issued a grim report on drought.
[b]"It seems extremely likely that drought will become more the norm" for the West, says Kathy Jacobs of the Arizona Water Institute, a research partner

Old 06-10-2007, 06:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space,

I'm not discounting what you posted about Global Warming. But you have to ask yourself, "Is this REALLY a drought or is it just how the earth is?" A cycle the earth goes through that our government is trying to convince us is global warming.

You see & hear how all of us need/have to do our part to prevent global warming from getting worse. But what are the citizens of say Franch doing? NOTHING!

They still use flourocarbons as propellants in hair sprays and other things. Won't this make the hole in the ozone larger? Why aren't these people doing their part to prevent GW... too????

What about countries like those located in Africa? Can these poverty stricken people do their part to prevent GW?

Okay so I live the rich country of the United States. Oh, I mean I live in America. (sorry Canadian brothers & sisters. you live someplace else)

So I can do it all.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 AM

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/pr...944914,00.html

Old 06-11-2007, 02:26 AM

Space,

The Earth has been in warming and cooling cycles for millions of years, and it will continue to go through constant changes in temps.
So much has been made of the ice on greenland melting....well why is greenland called greenland? Because it was once very lush and green with great farmlands, then the weather changed, Thats why the Vikings left greenland.

Heck back when I was in grade school Global Cooling was going to kill us all and send the earth into another Ice Age. So much for that Idea.

But as far as humans causing Global warming, explain why other planets in our solar system like Mars are warming also? I mean I dont see many SUVs running around on Mars. or could it be that the sun is going through some kind of cycle that is warming the whole solar system?

Mike.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:44 AM

Space,
That article is exactly what I was talking about. Back in the early and mid 70s our school teachers were scaring the hell out of their students like me with all this type of BS. now they are doing the same thing with Global Warming. Oh and I remember how the teachers were also warning us all about the Killer Bees that would end up killing us off also. I think some of this stuff is from people grabbing on to a theory and running off half cocked.

Sorry but thats just my .02 cents worth.

Mike.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:47 AM

Is there Global Warming ?
Yes.........No
I wonder, where it begins & where or whenit Ends ?
Thanks members for making your post & comments.
I've been reading about the postives & the negatives, and it's
beyond my mental capabilities to formulate a
conclusive opinion at this time.[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif][sm=icon_quiet.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif]
Be Here Now & EnJoyyour Moments
Life's a
and it's wash'in away