Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Ford's doing it, now GM Chevy should to : )

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Hmmm.... looks like a LOT of work to put it together.

Hi `Duane, no you can buy a turn key car ready to `go if you have Big $'s....I'd love 2 build something like this in my future. I'm just happy to know that there are companies out there producing kits & turn key Vette's I'd really love 2 test drive one, or own one WoW..."2 dare 2 Dream in SpaceVision" ~>

Below is one page from their site.
Grand Sport Inventory

VIEW MONGOOSE GRAND SPORTS IN STOCK

The Mongoose Motorsports Grand Sport is a replica car based off the 1963-1964 Corvette race car built by General Motors to be a "Cobra Killer." there were only five Grand Sports built by GM, two of which were converted to roadsters. Having such a limited number of originals, the GS became a prime candidate for reproduction. In today's market an original will sell in the millions, where you can enjoy one of our for under $100K. Today Mongoose offers four versions of the coupe and roadster, from basic replica to the turnkey replica. +Contact us today to get yours!Grand Sport Coupe Blue w/White Stripe #2
Below are the details about our Grand Sport Coupe in stock. If the specifications aren't exactly what you are looking for, contact us about building one to your exact needs.

Price $88,995 >Click Here For More Details And Pictures<TABLE width=428><!--DWLayoutTable--><TBODY><TR><TD height=21 width=92>Motor</TD><TD class=style5 vAlign=top width=205>550HP</TD><TD vAlign=top width=125>502</TD><TD width=5></TD></TR><TR><TD height=21>Transmission</TD><TD vAlign=top>5 Speed</TD><TD vAlign=top><!--DWLayoutEmptyCell--></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=21>Wheelbase</TD><TD vAlign=top>98"</TD><TD vAlign=top><!--DWLayoutEmptyCell--></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=21>Weight</TD><TD vAlign=top>2600 lbs. </TD><TD vAlign=top><!--DWLayoutEmptyCell--></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=21>Suspension</TD><TD vAlign=top>C4</TD><TD vAlign=top>Bilstein Coilovers </TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=21>Brakes</TD><TD vAlign=top>C4</TD><TD vAlign=top><!--DWLayoutEmptyCell--></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=25 vAlign=top>Wheels</TD>< <TD vAlign=top>17" Knock-Offs Replicas</TD><TD vAlign=top><!--DWLayoutEmptyCell--></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=21 vAlign=top>Rear End </TD><TD vAlign=top>C4</TD><TD vAlign=top>Dana 44</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=21 vAlign=top>Steering</TD><TD vAlign=top>Power</TD><TD vAlign=top>C4 Rack and Pinion </TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=21 vAlign=top>Windows</TD><TD vAlign=top>Power</TD><TD class=style5 vAlign=top><!--DWLayoutEmptyCell--></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=21 vAlign=top>Radio</TD><TD vAlign=top>AM/FM CD Changer</TD><TD vAlign=top><!--DWLayoutEmptyCell--></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=21 vAlign=top>A/C</TD><TD vAlign=top>Vintage Air</TD><TD vAlign=top>Heat & Defrost</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 11-01-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by rj
So let me see if I have this right?

Furd is now reproducing the 1st gen Rustang bodies? OR.... they're just contracting with the company that already made the 1st gen Rustang bodies?

Cause these have been out for a few years now.

PS. It would save me A TON of work by buying one of the '57 Chevy 2-door Hardtop bodies. And priced at about $12,000 they aren't too far out of my financial reach. Only $11,995. But think of the work it would save me not just in time, but in dollars as well.
Basically they're providing an official license to produce the replica bodies along with providing the company all the specs with which to do so. Helps consumers know its safe to purchase without worry

Better than the companies who would have to go off of measurements they take of original parts and recreate it. Quarter of an inch off somewhere could mean it doesn't fit

Old 11-01-2011, 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=rj;377922]So let me see if I have this right?

Furd is now reproducing the 1st gen Rustang bodies? OR.... they're just contracting with the company that already made the 1st gen Rustang bodies?

Cause these have been out for a few years now.

The 67-68-69 Mustangs have been available for a few years now thru Dynacorn. Now they are making the 64-65-66 available. The only involvement from Ford on this project is they gave their blessing and license to build. They also probably get a kickback on everyone that is sold.

Who has a 57 Chevy for 12 grand?