Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Ford's doing it, now GM Chevy should to : )

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i feel like this will bring the values of the cars either up because an original body will be rare or bring it down because there will be more on the road.

I would have to go with 1st Gen.

I would want to recreate a power house like the one in Tokyo Drift. Sleeper for sure!

Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

1st i love that body style

Old 11-01-2011, 01:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

2nd gen for me thanks.

Last edited by lougreen03; 11-01-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
I remember seeing on Chop, Cut, Rebuild that classic mopar parts are being reproduced now too. I wish I could remember the name of the company.
Lou the company is called Auto Metal Direct or AMD. They are located in Georgia and make lots of Mopar parts that have not been available for a long time. It would not surprise me if they start offering repop bodies for the 68 thru 70 Mopar B-Body cars. That would be the Charger, Roadrunner, Superbee, Coronet, Satellite, Daytona, and Superbee. I am waiting on them to offer rear quarters for my 74 Charger Rallye.
I would like to see Dynacorn offer the 64-66 Ford Mustang Fastback to complete the 60's Mustang offerings.
As far as which Monte Carlo would I like to see repoped? I think the first gen would make sense because Dynacorn is already doing the 70 Chevelle and I think that some of the panels are the same. The first gen Monte's are becoming difficult to find. The second gen would make sense because they suffered severe rust issues but I am not certain there is enough of a demand for it to be profitable. The fourth gen Monte's are still very common so I don't see the need for it yet. I like the Monte but not enough to build one from a kit.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

2nd gen for me. Since we had two of them. Nice body lines. I love my 2006. But thats way to new.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:08 AM

2nd gen, here, too! You just can't beat those lines..

Old 11-01-2011, 12:32 PM
rj
15 Year Member

So let me see if I have this right?

Furd is now reproducing the 1st gen Rustang bodies? OR.... they're just contracting with the company that already made the 1st gen Rustang bodies?

Cause these have been out for a few years now.

PS. It would save me A TON of work by buying one of the '57 Chevy 2-door Hardtop bodies. And priced at about $12,000 they aren't too far out of my financial reach. Only $11,995. But think of the work it would save me not just in time, but in dollars as well.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

2nd gen monte carlo's are cool.... I'd like to see the C2 Corvette... a '63 Split Window coupe!

Old 11-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
2nd gen monte carlo's are cool.... I'd like to see the C2 Corvette... a '63 Split Window coupe!

Hi `Duane, I agree a 63 Split Window Coupe would be awesome 4-Sure...Below is the closest I can come to fullfilling your dream request Got 2 run (Look'in 4ward to your Martinsville Pic's) Thanks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Grand Sport Specifications

THE "COBRA KILLER" A HISTORIC RACING ICON

The Mongoose Motorsports Grand Sport is a replica car based off the 1963-1964 Corvette race car built by General Motors to be a "Cobra Killer." there were only five Grand Sports built by GM, two of which were converted to roadsters. Having such a limited number of originals, the GS became a prime candidate for reproduction. In today's market an original will sell in the millions, where you can enjoy one of our for under $100K. Today Mongoose offers four versions of the coupe and roadster, from basic replica to the turnkey replica. +Contact us today to get yours!
Based on the professionally engineered creations from Mongoose Motorsports, all Grand Sport replicas feature high quality, custom fabricated components, from the frame to body to interior, with late model Corvette suspensions. The powerplant you choose, from many GM crate options, will be fitted to the custom chassis, along with C4 suspension. If you would like to build a GS yourself, we offer the basic, deluxe or turnkey minus replica options.

+View GS Basic Replica Components

+View GS Deluxe Replica Components

+View GS Turnkey Minus Replica Components

The Mongoose Motorsports Grand Sport Replica is available in either Coupe or Roadster versions, both of which may be purchased in Basic or Deluxe kit form, ready-to-go as a complete "turn-key" car, or various stages between.
Give us a call, and order your dream car today! We welcome you to came and visit out facility anytime.

PS Engineering Wheels

An authorized dealer of P.S. Engineering we can supply you with either the 17" bolt on or "knock off" wheels. A great classic look for and Grand Sport.

Optional transmissions

Mongoose Motorsports understands the unique needs of each customer allowing them to select the options for their specific uses. Whether you need power, torque or both, we can install the ideal transmission for your build.

Grand Sport Chassis

The Mongoose is incredibly well-built. A sturdy hand-welded tube chassis proves to be a choice selection saving weight and adding dramatic strength. Being the foundation of your car, no corners are cut here.

Mongoose Motosports - 1963 Corvette Grand Sport Replica Specifications
Click 4 pictures & more

Old 11-01-2011, 03:27 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hmmm.... looks like a LOT of work to put it together.

Quick Reply: Ford's doing it, now GM Chevy should to : )