Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Go see you Ford dealer. NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 08:23 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Go see you Ford dealer. NOW!

Hilarious Ford Truck Commercial Outtake - YouTube

If this guy was still the Ford spokesman for trucks, I think they would sell more. That's a much better truck salesman than this metrosexual guy who wanders around and flirts with the customers to sell those trucks.

When that guy says go to your Ford dealer, I feel much more compelled to go.

And seriously. What happened to the FoMoCo salesman? We used to have real men selling these trucks. Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, whoever this guy is. Now we have this skinny guy who doesn't look like he could pull a salmon upstream....

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 07-08-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Last time i checked its Mike Rowe who is in the commercials, host of dirty jobs so i wouldn't exactly say he isn't capable of pulling a salmon upstream... but i get your point

Old 07-08-2012, 08:51 PM

I think using Mike Rowe from dirty jobs is kinda a hey look at this guy he does lots of hard jobs and likes Ford! Type of thing. I think they're trying to use him as a draw to more hard working americans through what he does on his show. To me a commercial doesn't persuade me much to buy anything, well it can;t anymore sinc eI no longer have cable but it never really did anyway. What makes me buy one is usually track record of that vehicle. If we're talking trucks here, I prefer Chevy. I've always been impressed by the power and overall performance of them. Diesels I got this opinion Fords newer ones basically are junk in my eyes, the dodge cummins great motor, and even though I loves dodges I have to admit the bodys and the sheet metal they use on their trucks is junk. Duramaxes are realativly new they've hard their issue but I'd say its best choice overall, you get the best looks a sturdy body and slight issues depend on the engine LB7 LLY LBZ LMM etc

Old 07-08-2012, 08:52 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I cant goto my Ford dealer its closed but yeah they need a new spokes person

Old 07-08-2012, 08:55 PM

5 Year Member

He just doesn't have that "masculine" charisma about him that these spokesmen of old had. I do'nt care if he has chopped down more trees than Paul Bunyon and Wayerhouser combined.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:57 PM

LOL! I beg to differ maybe to me in the commercial you posted I just think of a creppy guy in a bubble window van with a dirty 80s BLANKstar film (fill it in i know you can) mustache. The second take was kind of a turn off and I doubt it made it to tv because of the F word.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

That old commercial reminded me of winnebago man and his outtakes. be warned theres some crazy language

The Definitive Winnebago Man - YouTube

Old 07-08-2012, 09:01 PM

5 Year Member

It was funny though. They filmed it as a gag anyway.

Ford is really missing the mark with Mike Rowe. This is a guy who has done some pretty "masculine" things, yet he is always cleand up, nice clothes, and clean shaven, acting like he is selling the truck to high class, urban professionals who will just be hauling in the newest large screen plasma tv in the thing. Really? He's too clean cut in the commercials.....

Not quite like back when Toby Keith showed the guys in the bar how their frames stacked up to the new Ford.

Toby Keith - Ford Fully Boxed - YouTube

Old 07-08-2012, 09:09 PM

I will agree on that. The last time I had tv it was Mike Rowe showing the Ford swap out or whatever. Anyway everyone who got the swap looked like the location they were in came from money, and that the main reason they had a truck was because it was shiney and came with touch screen nav and 20 inch rims, I say BLAH! Thats one of the main resons I don't care for a lot of newer trucks its mor luxury than truck, but at the same time the base model is too basic theres no in between. All I need is power windows locks mirrors a cd player a truck bed and 4x4 in my truck for extras. No need for Fords sync, touchscreen navigation 22 buttons in the dash and steering wheel and dont ge tme started on Dodges new **** to change gears. Maybe its just me but i think my cutoff was 05 for trucks 07 maybe but that might be pushing it lol.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622

hauling in the newest large screen plasma tv in the thing.
That's about all you could haul with a ford anyway. Mike Rowe is the spokesman for the entire ford line not just trucks and I think he's good. I think its his distinct voice.

Quick Reply: Go see you Ford dealer. NOW!