Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Fighting a speeding ticket on Tuesday..

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 AM

You're pretty much going to lose here too, except for them not being able to make you pay more just because you went to court. Mainly you hope the officer doesn't show up, which is why I never mouth off to them. I don't want to give them a reason to remember me and go out of their way to make the court appearance.
I won once, but it wasn't a speeding ticket. It had to do with a traffic sign which ended up not being valid since it was mounted on private property. The cop didn't like that too well...

Old 01-23-2012, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by KJRich
You're pretty much going to lose here too, except for them not being able to make you pay more just because you went to court. Mainly you hope the officer doesn't show up, which is why I never mouth off to them. I don't want to give them a reason to remember me and go out of their way to make the court appearance.
I won once, but it wasn't a speeding ticket. It had to do with a traffic sign which ended up not being valid since it was mounted on private property. The cop didn't like that too well...
I won one like that in Vermont too. The cop didn't show up and the case was dismissed. The cop had me recalled into court. The cop got to got first and made his case. The judge the. Asked me my side. It was a female judge. I told her that I appeared here over a month ago and the case was dismissed because the cop didn't show up and this is the second days pay I wouldn't get over this. I told her for me it would have been cheaper to pay the ticket. She asked the cop is I was telling the truth about the case being dismissed because he didn't show up. He said it was but that he couldn't show up because there was a bomb threat called into the local high school. She asked him if there was any evidence that the defendant called in the bomb threat. He said no it was a teen wanting to skip school. She then dismissed me from the front of the court room. She then started to chew him a new *** for double jeopardy, making me miss time at work, wasting her time, and wasting the tax payers dollars. She told him if he ever pulled such a stunt again she would hold him in contempt of court and she promised an unpleasant experience. I thought that was worth a days pay.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:51 AM

It would have been worth it to me.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:36 PM

i heard if you take it to court, and constantly reschedule (i.e. dentist, doctors, family emergency) the cop will get annoyed and just not go when you finally go and youll win.

not sure if this works. maybe someone should try it lmao

Old 01-23-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
i heard if you take it to court, and constantly reschedule (i.e. dentist, doctors, family emergency) the cop will get annoyed and just not go when you finally go and youll win.

not sure if this works. maybe someone should try it lmao
I don't think that will work. The judge can reschedule and lawyers can get away with it too. Common citizens and law enforcement have to reschedule because they are not as important as judges and lawyers at least in their own minds and this game is played in their park so their rules.