Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Dealerships

If you just showed up at the service department at another dealership with a problem, I don't get why they would ask you where you bought it. Or even care. Unless the other dealership came up in conversation.

I bought my Monte at a Chevy dealershipin anothertown about an hour away. Obviously, I bring it to a different dealership closer to me for servicing. The dealership I bring it to didn't ask me where I bought it. Didn't really care. The only person who asked me was a mechanic who had worked for the first dealership until a few months earlier. Said he recognized the car. Well, he should have since the car sat there for three years.

Anyway, the point is, that dealership you're going to seems to be jacking you around. Sounds like they are doing everything to get you to leave. So if you're able to, take your hard earned money, and spend it at a different dealership who will treat you properly. Why should you continue to reward bad service by giving them your money?

Actually, if you bring your car to another GM dealership, they can run your VIN in their computer and the service history will come up for anything that was done at a GM dealership. When I traded my Grand Am in for the Monte, the salesman didn't have to ask me about problems with it. When I mentioned that I always had it serviced at the Pontiac dealer where I bought it, he punched in my VIN and the entire service history came up. (I thought for sure I was sunk when he saw all the engine problems.)

Old 11-16-2008, 04:35 PM

ive never heard any of our service writers ask that question

Old 11-17-2008, 12:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the information, guys.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-20-2008, 01:37 PM

i have to go to the dealership were i bought the car to see if they will put a new updated verison on intermediate steering shaft.i called gm about this issue thet want me to go were i bought the car.this way might have a little bit more lee way to get this problem corrected.without costing me as much money.if the manager will not work with me on this issue. i not going to take no for a anwser.got 90% of the work done their.every time i walk into this place they want to sell me a car.i was able to pay cash for the monte new at the time.they now this.so they have different saleman coming up to me .some of the pitches are funny as hell.it is really comical.im laughing while im talking to them becausehis buddyjust talked to me 2 min earlier.they offered me some great deals just not into the market at this time.their are a few chevy dealers in area.i trust the mechanic that works on my car their

Old 11-20-2008, 06:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I don't trust ANY of the techs at my Chevy dealer. Been there, Done that! TOO many times now. The ONLY work they get now is warranty work, and there is only 5.5k mi left on that (out of 97.5k) They don't like my engine mods, and, and, and...

Old 11-21-2008, 03:18 PM
rj
15 Year Member

And they wonder why the North Amercian auto industry is hurting?

But, our elected officials are in bed with the off shore auto makers. Say what you want, very little of the production process for Honda, Nissan, Toyota, or any other Japanese auto maker is done in this country. It's all done in Japan. They (the Japanese) know how to treat their workers and keep them somewhat happy. And our politicians give the foreign auto makers concessions, tax breaks, and/or tax abatements not offered to our own industry.

It's very obviousour government is having a field day with the situation at hand. The view I see isUncle Sam feels they have the auto industry in this country by the "hairs."I don't recall Uncle Sam having much problem bailing out the banking industry.

How about AIG Insurance who got bailed out and then took their top execs on a retreat to the tune of $440,000. Who do you think paid for that?????????? Not Uncle Sam. No government has funds other then the taxes they collect. These AIG people should have ended up in jail but no one, elected included even mentioned bringing someone up on charges for this fiasco. Everyone one just turns a blind eye once again and let's the tax payer take in on the chin.

So far all I've heard from elected officials is to let the auto industry fail. Why? Cause not one single one of these people thinks they ever have anything like this to worrry about. They all consider the tax payer in this country as a bottomless, cash cow pit. Ready to be tapped at any time they feel the need. And even when they retire from politics they STILL get a pension worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. So gaoline can go to $20/gal and they'll still travel extensively.

Meanwhile, the people they affected by letting the auto industry fail can't eat or pay their morgage. You don't have a job................ you CAN'T pay taxes. (wonder how many politicians realize this?)

The auto industry failing IS a trickle down affect. Steel, rubber, plastics, textiles, glass, and other industries depend on the auto industry to stimulate their industries.