Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Dealerships

Welllllllllllllllll, I got my car back this afternoon.

They say it was the battey, (imagine that) so they put in a new one.

The service manager said they charged the battery again on monday. They checked it yesterday morning and it still had 600 cold cranking amps (CCA) which is where it should be. For a good battery.

They checked it today and it had 100 CCAs. When they tried to start it, it went out all together. So they stuck in a new battery.

He did advise me. That if I let the car set for a length of time to unhooka battery cable. (They checked and realized I hadn't driven the car 1,000 miles since this time last year)

I did ask if hooking a trickle charger would be okay since I had charged the car several times. Which he said would be fine.

So it's do one or the other if I let the car set for a time. I'm fine with that.

Once again I am a bit upset cause the car needs washed again. I just washed it last friday from the dirt they let get on the car. And it looks like it sat at the dealers with the window down cause the dash is covered with dust.

I never win.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I'm dealing with the Chevy dealer in Sturgis right now over the ISS and sunroof not working. They are replacing the ISS and the sunroof switch tomarrow, had it in today for diagnosis. See how it comes out. Covered under $0 deductible GMPP. We'll see!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:39 AM

On my 2007 Malibu SS I only put 1200 miles on it in 13 months and never had a problem with the battery going dead.. I drive it around the block every week. Then it gets park. I drive the Monte all the time. It has 37000 miles on it and it is a 2002... I guess I don't drive around to much either with it. My Cavalier is a 96 with 108,000 on it and it is still going strong. GM has been good to me so far.

Glad they found out what was wrong with your car Rj.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:17 AM

[align=center]Hi R.J., [/align][align=center]Happy to read that your problem is resolved. I hope that it is the only problem[/align][align=center]that you encounter in life. I think it`s time to wake `up one of your[/align][align=center]car wash ladies to clean/detail your LTZ & you : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align]
Wash Me-Wash Me : )
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/0156A6FDCC614FE68F2CEB75975F0AA6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In all seriousness RJ, if you're able to, find another dealership to deal with.

It took them all this time and hassle to you to determine that the battery was bad, just like you told them?

It really sounds like they don't care about customer service much. I work as a repairman in the hospitality industry (I work in a gamblingestablishment). If we gave people the kind of service you got from that dealership, we'd have management screaming up one side of us, and downthe other.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:38 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I just hope this is, or was the problem and not a bandaid to get me off their backs?

Cause if I go out there right now and try to start the car but find out it won't start..........................

There's going to be a loud explosion in the Dayton, OH area.

Me blowing my cool.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Hold on!
Let me go turn on CNN first.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:00 PM

hmm lot of anger towards dealerships here so let me tell u exactly how a dealership works (well my dealership which has a good group of guys) first off and always you have to verify the concern! if it doesnt do it you cant fix it and if you try to do sumthing for a long time u lose alot of money (since u r paid by the jobs u do not by the hour) and once u verify the concern u take the vehicle into ur stall and roll down the window in case the doors lock! believe me it happens now u get to diagnose whatever the concern was and once u do u have to go to the service writer and get the customers approval, its a long process that takes alot of the techs time

Old 11-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I understand that, and you're right Jeremy. But allow me to give a couple examples of great customer service from my local Pontiac dealer when I had similar problems as what RJ is having.

When my Grand Am suddenly had a dead battery one morning without having left anything on, such as lights and other stuff for example. I jump started the car and went to the dealership since it was still under warranty. Even though they were having a typical busy day, they had one of the service reps come out and test my battery for a dead cell. It tested perfectly good. The service rep then said hold on. He had a service guy come out to my car and put a tester on my alternator. My alternator was bad. They had me leave my car there and drove me home. Around dinner time they called me up and said my car was done and came and picked me up.

When the car was around 6 years old, I had the dead battery thing again. I brought the car back to the dealer not knowing if the alternator went again, or if the battery had just reached the end of it's life. When I got there, one of the service reps decided to save everyone some time and load tested the battery. This time it was the battery. Since the battery is easily accessible, he had one of the techs come out and changed the battery. I was in and out of the dealership's lot in 15 minutes. Including the time it took me to pay for the new battery. This is what I mean. Even though they were just as busy as any other service department, they knew it would be a quick in and out thing and took care of it right away. Without me having to make any complaints.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:41 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I'm not bashing the dealership. I am bashing how they handled the problem with my car. And in the end.............. it was exactly what I told them it was. So why didn't they give me the benefit of the doubt and check the battery?

Yes I know they told me they checked the battery. Plus the entire car. But then they tried to throw a quick fix at the problem to get me out of their site. Or so it feels.

Remember, this has been an issue with the car since I bought it 2 years ago. It's not something that just arose and I've been dealing with it on several different occassions. It would try the most patient person.

Quick Reply: Dealerships