Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:32 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Dealerships

[sm=icon_flaming.gif]Last friday I needed to move my '06 Monte. Got in, turned the key...... the battery is dead.
So, I put the charger on it for almost 4 hours. Got home later. Started the car and moved it.

The next day (saturday) the battery was dead again. So again I charged it with the charger.

Got in the car to move it yesterday (can you see where this is going yet) and the battery's dead. I called the dealer and asked if they can look at the car for me? They tell me to bring it down about 1pm yesterday so I did. Got there, they checked the battery with their meter and tell me it's at 1/2 power. And they question me about the car, my battery charger being good (OR NOT) and how often I drive the car.

The guy at the service desk isn't a good friend but he knows I do not drive the car a lot. He looked at the mileage which when I got there was 14,450.

So they say they'll keep the car, charge the battery and check things out. The service desk guy tells me they'll call me and let me know what they find out?

I have to call my dad to come and get me. So I won't have to set at the dealership while they charge the battery and check the car out. We get home, I went back out the work on getting my barn clean. At about 3:30pm I need to leave so I tell my parents to call me when the dealer calls. At 6pm I doubt they're still there working on the car unless yesterday was the day they stay late? But by 9pm I'm sure they aren't calling.

Got home from work this morning and called the dealer. The service desk guy I know answers. He says he left yesterday afternoon and didn't even know my car was still there? So he checks for me, comes back to the phone, tells me they can't find anything wrong and come and get my car.

I drive to the dealership and see my car setting out. WAIT, they know I do NOT want my car setting outside. I park next to the car and see it looks like it's been setting outside all night long????
[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Plus some bird did it's business on the roof.
[sm=headbang.gif] [sm=icon_quiet.gif] [sm=badbadbad.gif] [sm=devilgrin.gif] [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

So I go in, find the man I somewhat know and ask him why my car's outside? He says to me well we need room to pull other things in. And I ask why there's bird on the car? He tells me they can't control whay bird's do.

[sm=devilgrin.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_stickpoke.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif]

I know it wasn't the girl in the cashier's office fault but I unloaded on her. I did apologize to her. but I explained how unhappy I was. She offered the get the service manager in there and let me talk to him. (like it'd do any good)

They did send a guy out to clean off the bird . But now............... I get to wash the car. Like I got nothing else to do.

You guys don't know how close it came to you hearing about a multipule shooting in Ohio today. I was real tempted to go postal on anyone near me. But I work for UPS and we're parcal so I couldn't.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Default RE: Dealerships

I somewhat agree with the guy that said they can't control what birds do. LOL

So is your battery still dieing? Sounds like its just time for a new one.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:06 PM

I'd bring the battery to Autozone to see if it has a dead cell or something.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:15 PM

My original battery in my 06 lasted only 17 months.It was fine if I drove the car every day but if it sat for a few days it went dead.The new one they put in under warranty has been fine.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:00 PM

Mine started screwing up on my last year, took it to the dealer, they wanted $50 just to look at it. So I went to Checkers and the guy claimed there was nothing wrong even though I could see on his hand held that the CCA readout was in the 40s, pretty sure it was supposed to be several hundred. Anyway went to AutoZone or whatever the other place in town is called and they ran a check, check said battery was shot, replaced it with another with a 3 year warranty, so far so good.

I'd have probably flipped out as well, bird crap isn't good for paint...

Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 PM

hey rj where were they supposed to put the car? just so u know dealerships dont communicate very well (believe me im already havin a hard time) so things can be missed, if you talked to the service manager he woulda offered to have the car washed for you and not all dealerships are the same...some of them do like to do quality work

Old 10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would've done like Dan and God_Bot and got the battery load tested at AutoZone or a similar auto parts store.
I found out that GM dealerships (around here anyway) have a policy that if you leave your car instead of waiting for it, they don't even start looking at it until around 3:00 in the afternoon.

I think you should have talked to the service manager. He probably would have gotten your car washed and detailed for you.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

I found out that GM dealerships (around here anyway) have a policy that if you leave your car instead of waiting for it, they don't even start looking at it until around 3:00 in the afternoon.

thats because waiters get priority and often times they come in throughout the day and alot of times they dont have time

Old 10-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: rj

Plus some bird did it's business on the roof.
It wasn't my Dustybird.

Sorry for your troubles.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:13 PM

i also have my 06' second battery. it died and wouldnt even take a charge. it was an acdelco battery. and since i wanted to spend limited amounts of cash ona new one i took warrenty off of it and sucked it up and got another acdelco. so far good but its only been 6 months.

Quick Reply: Dealerships