Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Default RE: Dealerships

how many batteries have u put in over the 2 years?

Old 11-07-2008, 11:31 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In my car?

To the best of my knowledge the original battery was just removed two days ago.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:35 PM

oh i thought u meant uve had it in for this more than once

Old 11-08-2008, 04:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Well I get to have my car into the dealership for a 3rd time in a week Monday. I expected 2 times, 1 for diagnosis and ordering parts, and the second for installation. They replaced the ISS last time in, but the sunroof switch they didn't know how to replace without replacing the whole unit, which they ordered Thursday. So we'll see how they do Monday.
On the upside, they have an elderly gent' that comes to my shop, to me directly in my work area, nad picks up my car and delivers it. I take care of the bill after work. No loss of work is a MAJOR convenience for me. Saves $$$!

Old 11-09-2008, 05:12 PM
rj
15 Year Member

My car has been in to the dealers for the dead battery issue before. At least 4 times since I purchased it.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:39 AM

most of the time at the dealership were i bought the car they will usually have it washed for you.but you might have to wait 30 miutes to get it washed.they have 2 or 3 guys washing cars.when they replaced your iss.was it the new upgraded verison.and was you car still under warranty.going to get the iss on my car greased for the second time.also i was told they were having problems with the new iss .that it will need to be greased every so often?got to have the iss greased on dec 1.what are your opion on this.had the battery replaced once dominic

Old 11-14-2008, 01:54 AM

Wow, sounds like you've had a hell of a time with this dealership RJ.

I have only had pretty good experiences with the dealership that I normally go to (a penske chevrolet).

They were always fast, courteous, and did excellent work. One time I ended up waiting for the free shuttle to return for 15 minutes and one of the service writers felt bad and gave me a lift in his own personal car.

I too had a battery issue and within an hour of dropping off the car, they found that it had two dead cells, and notified me that the serpentine belt was about at the end of its life.

Unfortunately for me, this dealership just went out of business a few months ago, so I will be finding out sooner or later how good the rest of the dealerships in my area are.

Best of luck with the new battery though. I'd hate to be in your shoes if the battery itself wasn't the actual problem. Correction, I would hate to be in your service managers shoes if the battery itself wasn't the actual problem.

-Riggs.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:59 PM
rj
15 Year Member

One of Chevy's customer service reps told me last year to find another dealer to work on my car.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:03 PM

u should find a different dealership then lol obviously they dont like that particular dealership themselves

Old 11-15-2008, 08:08 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Well, that fine except a guy who works with me used to also be a mechanic at the Chevy dealer up the street from where I work.

We were talking about my Monte one day and I told him what Chevy told me, "To find another dealership to work on my car."

He said that's fine but one of the first things another dealer will ask you is, "Where did you buy the car?"

Good point.

Quick Reply: Dealerships