Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Dealerships

And then people wonder why GM is having problems! Junk batteries, junk tires, tranny problems, cheap radios, etc, etc, etc.

I work with a guy that beats the crap out of his Accord. It NEVER has any problems. Another was a kid driving a Kia, HARD! It NEVER broke. Don't get me wrong, I'm a BIG GM guy. We own 4 of them. But.....

Things like these batteries drive people NUTS! Maybe even Parcel Postal!

Old 10-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

One way you can check the battery yourself:

After the battery has been fully charged, use a volt meter on the DC setting. With the car turned off, you should get 12 to 14 volts. Then have a friend try and start the car. If the voltage drops below 10 volts, it's a safe bet that you have a dead cell in the battery and the battery needs to be replaced.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:17 AM
rj
15 Year Member

WHERE were they suppose to set my car? Well, not outside. I'm sorry but I do not set my car outside. If it's not in the barn under the car cover then it's more then likely setting at the dealer having the battery charged again.

I have to pay for the car. I take care of it.

Some really good news. Got in the car last night (friday night) at midnight to use it. Hit the key............... THE BATTERY IS DEAD!!! AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's good thing we didn't use the car earlier. When we went to the mall 50 miles away. We could have been setting in the mall parking lot at 9pm when every thing closes waiting on roadside assistance.

My parents say when I talk with the dealer on money, tell them I want an apointment with the GM rep for this area.

At this point in time I ready to tell them "Find me another car (cause this has been an ongoing problem with the car since I got it) or refund my money and there will be no pro-rating for the time I've had it!!"

My cousin who works at NAPA offered to test the battery for me but I told him I wasn't messing with it. Why should I have to charge this battery yet again when the Chevy dealer not 2 days ago told me everything was fine with the car? This has gone beyond irritating.

I knew it wasn't going to help any but I contacted Onstar and asked they run a diagnostic on the car. I explained the situation to the girl I talked with. She said for them to so this the car has to be running. We both agreedit can't run with a dead battery. Like I said I knew before I called this was going to be a any help. Just thought "What the heck. At least I tried."

Old 11-02-2008, 07:08 PM

The delco batteries are junk.On my 04 it went out with no warning.Instead of messing with the dealer why not just get a new battery somewhere else?What other issues have you had with the car besides the battery?If the car is still under warranty why dont they just replace the battery anyway? Sorry you are having such abad time at the dealership.Hopfully you getit resolved soon.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I could be wrong, but I think the warranty doesn't include the battery.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 PM

For some reason I thought they did.I think that I would argue with them a little just for the hassles they are giving him.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Don't get me wrong. I think the dealership should change the battery for free, and maybe throw in some kind of extra for his trouble.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

When I bought this Intimidator SS I swapped out 4 things from the 01 SS LE:
1. Powerslot and Hawk brake pads
2. MSD coilpacks
3. Sound system
4. Optima Red Top Battery

People are putting in some new lightweight batteries in their Solstices and Skys. Like the Odyssey PC680, at 15 lbs, or a Braille, which range from 6.6lbs all the way up to 21 lbs. For reference, the Optima Yellow Top in my trunk weighs in at 45 lbs.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:51 PM

wait u have ur battery in the trunk?????? is that for your subs and all???

Quick Reply: Dealerships