Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

anyone else ever gone for a swim....on a city street?

Old 02-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Default anyone else ever gone for a swim....on a city street?

This was back in august of 2002. i had a olds cutlass. was on my way to blockbuster with my friend justin. it was raining so hard water was coming out of almost every manhole and gutter. when i hit this puddle my car bogged down and started floating on top of it. the engine stalled from it. i waited for a short period of time before realizing my back-seat was full of water and my *** started to get wet. my buddy climbed out the window and onto the roof. he ended up getting in the water to get to the "shore". i said **** it and opened my door. the water rushed in. i got soaked.

the water was up over my hood for awhile. this picture was taken when i walked back over to get my cell phone and smokes i left on the dash. me and my buddy walked up to blockbuster, by the time we got back the water had gone down the drains and my car left sitting half on the curb and road. after 3 tries is started, with a big cloud of white smoke. and i kept driving the car for 3 months after that too before i sold it.

and yes, i had to get the interior cleaned.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: anyone else ever gone for a swim....on a city street?

Good thing it was a GM. A F__D would'nt have survived that kind of moisture. Never had one that liked ANY moisture.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We used to have a railway underpass that was like that. Always flooded in a heavy rain. Locals knew to avoid it, but tourists always got flooded.

It has since been completely re-done and the new underpass doesn't flood.
Not a flattering pic of ya, dude.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:54 PM

kind of looks the way the monte did last spring here . LOL

Thank go that is over with!!
but the inside of mine wasent full of water. and i got it cleaned out real good just in case.

But the undecarage is clean agian LOL

Old 02-10-2008, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz
Not a flattering pic of ya, dude.
yea no doubt. they asked if they could take a picture, i told em to hold on a minute while i grabbed my cellphone outta my car. thats what i got.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:40 AM

Last year, here in calgary too, my sister's car had been parked over some drainage grates, and it was raining so hard for about three hours, the sewer system got backed up. Of course the sewer grates were in a slight dip in the road, so water started puddling there. Within an hour of water starting to gather, there was about 3 feet of water, came up to my hips and i'm 6'2, and my sisters 04 tibourn was floating. I had to go out there with my brother, and float the thing to lower waterand back on the ground. Luckily the rain started to slow after the point. It was just fun to see this car start to float.

Oh and if you were wondering, she got rid of the thing. The water had caused all of her abs sensors to short out, she needed a new bcm, and some other stuff. Grand total for the repair was 2 grand. So she sold it back to a dealership and got a truck. I think she got it just because the water won't get high enough to float her truck again. Hopefully.