Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2008 fond farewell or good riddance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2008 fond farewell or good riddance?

So I got to thinking the other day. (I know. yes it did hurt.)

Is this year (2008) a year you`re sad to see go? Or are you saying good riddance to 2008?

Sure this year has had a lot of bad things. But what about good things? Was there any positives to this year? Are they enough to give the year a positive reputation in history?

What are your thoughts?

Old 12-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Default RE: 2008 fond farewell or good riddance?

lets see, 08 started off with grandma dieing so that wasnt good, then i moved back to the beach bought and paid off my house 3 blocks from the ocean so thtas good, won some car shows, again good, did a redo on my car again good, got to be in charge of the YEAR ONE car show so thats a big good, then my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and my aunt with lukemia, so 08 is ending on what could be the last christmas for my mother so all in all i say f u 08 and im way ready for 09 and hope for the best

Old 12-17-2008, 07:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Gotta hang on to the good memories, but ya can't live in the past. Learn from your mistakes. That which doesn't kill ya, makes ya stronger. Looking forward to a good 2009. 2008 is almost gone. Bye.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:49 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Taz

What are your thoughts?
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Hi Mod `Taz -Lou-,[/align][align=center]We may have it bad, but there are so many more in our World that have it so much [/align][align=center]worse : ( I look @ life like my gas tank is half full, and not[/align][align=center]half empty : ) [/align][align=center]I look in2 my mirror & ask: [:-][/align][align=center]Are you `Happy ? if not why ? Do Something...Whose in control ?[/align][align=center]Take control of your `life, don`t wait for someone else to make you `happy.[/align][align=center]"You must first be happy with yourself, before you can be happy with anyone else,[/align][align=center]4-Sure" `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I do my best to master my time: Time = Life[/align][align=center]I've learned `if I waste my time, that I am wasting my life.[/align][align=center]I do my best to get the most from each day I am given. [/align][align=center]In 2008 I turned 21 years of age, finished my undergraduate degree in Business, and[/align][align=center]will soon be `off to explore the World.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I was taught to "Give Up to Get (no free lunch: ), and I have followed my teachings.[/align][align=center]How much are you willing to give `up to get to where you want to `be ?[/align][align=center]How Much ?[/align][align=center]Life, really is what you make `it.[/align][align=center]Nothin Good is Easy 4 Sure![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A new year 2009 is before `us, it`s a good time to start you list[/align][align=center]of new year resolutions....[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Be Thankful to `be free to `be anyone you are capable of `being.[/align][align=center]Be thankful to own/drive the Awesome Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center]Many in our World don`t evenhave shoes, and a few that do[/align][align=center]throw them at our President.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center](Optional reading)[/align][align=center]Read the below article on[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]How to Have `Hope ?[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Having hope is like taking your next breath, breathing. Read on to find some things to do that bring hope. First stop long enough to realize you probably already possess a seed of hope even if you don't realize it! As you can make progress, then you'll have even more hope and your own kind of success!

Steps [/align][align=center][:-][/align][ol][*][align=center]Think about a plan for your life. Ask yourself, "Are hope and possibilities through faith related things?".

[/align]

[ul][*][align=center]If you answered "Yes," then focus on your possibilities and faith. What do you believe in and why? How can working on that make you stronger? [/align][*][align=center]If your answer was "No," figure out the difference between the two. That may help you understand how to use your faith and see possibilities. [/align][/ul][*][align=center]Look at the people around you. You can learn plenty from them.

[/align]

[ul][*][align=center]Think about the ones that seem hopeful about their future, expectations, dreams and faith in the way things can be? [/align][*][align=center]Observe those that are making progress toward their goals, centered, happy, optimistic do they do possibility thinking? [/align][/ul][*][align=center]Imagine waking up fresh with new opportunities every morning feeling hopeful.

[/align]

[ul][*][align=center]You can be hopeful about your day... making progress toward your goals... [/align][*][align=center]That is possibility thinking. Imagine knowing that everything is going to be okay as you work to continue making progress toward possibilities. [/align][/ul][*][align=center]Work slowly but steadily at first in small ways and then more quickly as you see your way more clearly... [/align][*][align=center]Get training and counseling. Sometimes change such as training and education need long term goals that can be time consuming. Don't give up when improving in this area. [/align][*][align=center]Decide to "ride on top in life." Take it as it comes... accept it. Embrace the good or work to change a little everyday.

[/align]

[ul][*][align=center]Make a list of possibilities and begin to plan short term goals to change what you can. [/align][*][align=center]Make a big shift to a new career and new place to live if that seems like the way to make progress. [/align][/ul][*][align=center]Keep this hope alive: things are going to turn out all right.

[/align]

[ul][*][align=center]Believe that it can if you have faith guiding your path to work for progress toward real short term and longer term goals! [/align][*][align=center]Hope is alive when you have faith in a plan for your life, seeing possibilities for change while making progress: success? [/align][/ul][*][align=center]Success is not a destination. It's continuing, making progress, growing and seeing new possibilities.

[:-]Tips [:-][/align][/ol]
[ul][*][align=center]Remember others. Sometimes it is good to put our problems on the back burner when we feel down. Do something uplifting and helpful to someone. [/align][*][align=center]Helping people in need is a great way to "overlook" or even forget our own problems. [/align][*][align=center]Read. Read anything that informs you. Knowledge is power and the more you know the more you grow. [/align][*][align=center]Music. Turn up the happy music and sing a hopeful song. With every note, you may sense the music of life ... cherish it. People can make you hope and feel better with the right music! Listen to the sound of life going on around you. [/align][*][align=center]Talk. Talk makes sense if you talk to friends. Talk to your family. Talk about life and ask, "How do you handle the hard times?" [/align][*][align=center]Sometimes it is buried deeply. At other times, it is on the surface. We all know people who seem to have hope when others don't. [/align][*][align=center]We all came into the world with hope for that first breath and for the first meal: it's natural. [/align][*][align=center]Hope makes us hold on when we could let go. But the truth is, some bit of hope is within our reach as long as there is breath. [/align][*][align=center]Consider and know that many things are possible if you can believe and go make something happen through your faith and passion for life.
Your Life is What You Make It

Good Luck/Good Day/Week/Month/Yearsto `all from `Space

[/align][/ul]

[/align][/align]

Old 12-18-2008, 08:49 PM

good buy forever. i need to forget and forgive and get on. try and change this year (

Old 12-19-2008, 03:08 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not sad to see 2008 leave.

I am sad another year of my life has passed by. I rarely feel I've accomplished anything or what I wanted to get done.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: KidSpace

[align=center][/align][align=center]In 2008 I turned 21 years of age,

[/align][/align][/align]

WOO HOO! PARTY TIME!
GET THE BOOZE SPACE DUDE!!!