Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Ride For Pride 2008 - September 13, 2008 - Honoring 9-11

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Default Ride For Pride 2008 - September 13, 2008 - Honoring 9-11

The 2008 Ride For Pride will be held on Saturday, September 13. Special traffic note: When the cruise starts, the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway. This event is held in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area...Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. 2008 will mark the 7th year of the Ride For Pride. For those unfamiliar with this cruise, it's purpose is to remember all who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It also holds the purpose of expressing our support and gratitude to all the men and women of this nation's armed forces, who right now are ensuring that we have the right, and the freedom, to conduct this event. This event was conceived in 2002, by D. Charleton, and with the assistance of M. Gonzales and C. Pryce. The first Ride For Pride (RFP) had about 10 vehicles in attendance. The 2007 car count was 80, including members from FBodyHideout, Eastern FBody Association, LS1Tech, LS1, FirstStateFBody, HRFBody, LS1GTO, CCGTO, and others. Here is last year's cruise video... http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=2 6017 963 And the video from 2006… http://www.up2nogood.com/911.html When: Saturday, September 13, 2008. Time: RFP will depart at 2:00PM. Please make sure you are on time, and have fuel, stragglers will have to catch up. Some of us will arrive around Noon, to detail cars or catch up with those we have not seen in awhile, etc. Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park. 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Va http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/cameronrun/index.php Directions to the staging area: From I 95 North and South, take Exit 174, you will be put onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector. Make a right turn onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about a half-mile up. Pull in and proceed to the back of the parking lot. Duration/Distance: RFP will travel 75 to 80 miles, and last about 2 hours. Please make sure you have enough fuel to complete the cruise. Route: From Cameron Run Park, we will turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector, and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the on-ramp for I 495 East/I 95 North (Please read the following: the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.). We will continue around the Capitol Beltway (I 495), into Maryland and then back into Virginia. We will then exit onto I 395 North, and take Exit 8B, heading to the Pentagon. We will take the exit for the Pentagon North Parking, and finish the cruise there. Conduct: No burnouts, No donuts, No racing, we are not at the track. BE RESPONSIBLE. Vehicles allowed: FBody V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/GrandNational, Impala SS new/old, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away." Please be sure to bring/have an American flag to put on your car, or something to show support for our servicemen/women. This year's cruise again has alot to live up to. Please help me make this 'a cruise to remember'. Lets come together and show that we remember what happened on that awful day; and that we support our servicemen/women Special traffic note: When the cruise starts, the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.