Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

`MCF Poll for Last NASCAR Race !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Poll for Last NASCAR Race !!!

[align=center]
Gordon could still be Champ [/align][align=center]
[align=center]Written by Administrator &`MCF `Space
[/align][align=center]Nov 16, 2007 [/align][:-]
[align=center]This is it, the last race weekend of the 2007 season, and well find out if Jimmie Johnson can stay ahead of Jeff Gordon to lock up his second Championship in a row. To do that, Jimmie will need to finish 18th or better regardless of how Gordon does. Johnson is also looking for his 5th win in a row, which would be a modern record, he already has a series high of 10 wins this year.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]JIMMIE JOHNSON: I think I've been in a fortunate situation, even through my driving career before coming into Motorsports where I've been paired with a championship team, and a driver that is a champion or was a champion the previous year where I could study them and try to learn from them.

If I go back to my off road days, I was very fortunate in desert and stadium, even through ASA, and working with Gary. I've always had someone to look up to, and to try to learn from coming into Hendrick Motorsports, Jeff was certainly that for me, and I feel it's been good for me. And maybe now I'm at a point where Jeff can start looking at my stuff.

But I've been so trained to look at my superior or my teammate's driving style and what they do, that under the last five or six years I've been studying Jeff and his driving style, and I've learned a lot from that.

I think of Martinsville, and Phoenix, and I've been studying Jeff's driving style so much that it's helped me go to those tracks that weren't so strong for me and were better for him, and I could apply the things that I've learned to that. And help my team go in the right direction with setup and the things I do inside the car.

One thing with Jeff, that this year, I've always been impressed with him, but this year he's done a great job in leading Hendrick Motorsports and helping out with the 48 Team is with the Car of Tomorrow. Since the first time we were on the track with that car, Jeff has had a an amazing feel for what that car is doing.

How the bump stop works, how the car feels underneath him when the weight is transferring, he's had a good feel for that car. And early stages of the Car of Tomorrow, Chad and were a little frustrated with it. Didn't really find a clear direction. And I think Jeff and Stevie picked up on it right away, and got us going in the right direction with that. So that is really the biggest thing through the year, on top of the other great things that those guys do.
[/align][align=center]------

[/align][align=center]Second in points Jeff Gordon is 86 points behind heading into this weekend, after the race at Phoenix Jeff said it was over and even waved the white flag as he visited victory lane to congratulate Jimmie. How does Jeff feel now that some time has passed and the adrenaline has faded?[/align][align=center][b]JEFF GORDON: You've got to look at what we set out to do. It's been a fantastic year for us. Our goals were to be consistent, to be strong. We had a few failures last year and some mistakes that were made that cost us an opportunity at it.

So we set out to do exactly what we've done, which is to have an awesome average finish throughout the whole year. A shot at winning races, a shot at the championship. And you know, when you go into the Chase and you have an average finish of about a 5.2, and you're 86 points behind going into the final race, there is no do

Old 11-16-2007, 02:37 PM

[align=center]

Down to the Wire: 267 Laps to Go

The season has come down to the final 267 laps. It's man and machine vs. man and machine for two drivers -- Jimmie Johnson, seeking consecutive Cup Series championships, and Jeff Gordon, in hot pursuit of his fifth series title. Click for more

Live Leaderboard:[/align]
[/align]

Old 11-16-2007, 09:50 PM

all im gonna say is once a cheatin sum bi#$% alwasy a cheater !!!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:48 AM

Last Updated ( Nov 17, 2007
[align=center]
Johnson takes the Cup pole [/align][align=center][:-]
Jimmie Johnson is looking to win his second consecutive championship, and he'll have a view from the pole for Sundays race. The 48 machine had a time of 30.545 seconds, and speed of 176.788mph
[/align][align=center]2 Ryan Newman
3 Kasey Kahne
4 Matt Kenseth
5 Kurt Busch
6 Mark Martin
7 David Ragan
8 Kevin Harvick
9 Jeff Burton
10 Carl Edwards
11 Jeff Gordon[/align]

Old 11-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Default RE: `MCF Poll for Last NASCAR Race !!!

[align=center]Member's, It's the last day to enter in the poll.[/align][align=center]Race is Sunday, Sunday, Sunday 11-18-07 @[/align][align=center]Homestead Motor Speedway, Florida[/align][align=center]Lastest news [/align][align=center][:-][/align]

Burton wins race, & owners t i tle
[align=center]Written by Administrator& MCF `Space
[/align][align=center]Race Recap: Burton Wins Final NASCAR Busch Series Race, Clinches Owner's T it le

By Reid Spencer
Sporting News NASCAR Wire Service

HOMESTEAD, Fla. (November 17, 2007) -- Jeff Burton won the NASCAR Busch Series owners' championship for Richard Childress Racing when he took the green flag for Saturday's Ford 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Two hundred laps later, he won the race, notching his fifth win of the year and the 27th of his career in the final event in the series under Anheuser-Busch sponsorship.

Burton denied former Roush Racing teammate Mark Martin a chance to win the final series race.
Martin, the all-time series leader with 47 victories, finished 1.718 seconds behind Burton but held off current
Roush Fenway drivers Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards, who came home third and fourth, respectively.

Though Edwards had clinched the NASCAR Busch Series title two weeks ago at Texas Motor Speedway, Saturday brought the official trophy presentation for the final championship before the series takes on sponsorship from Nationwide Insurance next year.

Stephen Leicht ran fifth, followed by Greg Biffle, Tony Raines, Bobby Hamilton Jr., Clint Bowyer and Marcos Ambrose.

"It really means a lot to me to win the last race in the Busch Series," Burton said. "I grew up wanting to be a Busch driver -- that's what I wanted to be. So it really means a lot to me to win the final race with
Busch as a sponsor."

David Ragan's spin off Turn 4 on Lap 169, which interrupted a green-flag cycle of pits stops, left the leaders mired mid-pack for final restart on Lap 177. Burton restarted in first position, but 19th in the running order, followed by Edwards and Kenseth, who had survived a blown tire and a spin on Lap 86 that left him temporarily one lap down.

Over the next few laps, Martin was able to pull up beside Burton but couldn't clear the No. 29 Chevrolet, which Burton shared with driver Scott Wimmer in winning the owners' title for Childress by 255 points
over the No. 20 Chevrolet driven by Denny Hamlin for Joe Gibbs Racing.

Subsequently, Edwards and Martin swapped second position, with Martin securing it on Lap 197. On the final lap at the 1.5-mile speedway, Kenseth overtook Edwards for third.

"We were pretty close tonight, but we couldn't pull it off, with Jeff Burton running the way he did," said Martin, who finished second for the second time in three races in the No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet. "But we gave it our best shot. We got 'em two second-place finishes, but we couldn't get the job done."

Despite failing to finish the race, Ragan left with the consolation of having won the Raybestos Rookie of the Year title in the NASCAR Busch Series.
[/align]
[align=center][/align]