NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR @ Homestead, Florida (Last Race) ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 06:21 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up NASCAR @ Homestead, Florida (Last Race) ?

Below from NASCAR.com

HOMESTEAD

2:30 p.m. ET Sunday, ABC
MCF Member's (Brent -JrCar: )
1. Post your Top Three: Win/Place/Show
2. Whose causes first caution ?
3. How many cautions in race ?
4. Who comes in last ?

It's free 2 `play...EnJoy the Last Race of the season....

HOMESTEAD

4 p.m. ET Saturday, ESPN2

HOMESTEAD

Winner: Kevin Harvick

Finishing in style

It's been quite an ending to the 2009 Camping World Truck Series season for Kevin Harvick, winner of the final two races including Friday night at Homestead. He's also celebrating a second owners' championship a week after Ron Hornaday won the drivers' title in KHI's No. 33 truck.

More: Results | Standings | Final Laps | Sound Off

Victory Lane

Kevin Harvick talks about winning the season finale at Homestead and his KHI championship team.
Watch Now

Title celebration

Ron Hornaday receives the 2009 championship trophy in a presentation with his team owner.
Watch Now

Up close with
Jimmie Johnson

Marty Snider sits down with the points leader to talk about where he ranks with the greats.
Johnson signs extension

Up close with
Mark Martin

Marty Snider gets the veteran to open up about all things NASCAR on the eve of the season finale.
Chase Insider

Up close with
Rick Hendrick

Marty Snider talks to the owner who will celebrate a fourth consecutive title and the top three cars.
Notes: Junior, Gordon

Last chance for some to get in win column

Biffle, Edwards among those still looking for Victory Lane.
28 Comments
Johnson wins HMS pole

Miami celebrates its most popular driver

Juan Montoya serves as ambassador to growing Spanish market.
27 Comments
Sound Off: Montoya

Ratings, economy aside, sport is strong
^ I have five fingers ? Pick one ? LOL

Brian France opines on Talladega crashes, drug policy and sponsors.
115 Comments
Sound Off: France

Kahne may leave RPM after 2010

Frustrated at times with management structure, wants options in 2011.
54 Comments
Ignoring distractions

Nine down, one to
go for championship

Get all the insight and analysis as the 2009 season

Last edited by Space; 11-21-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, we only get 2 play 1 more time this year. Better make it a good one.

First!!!
!!! I read a new bulletin that rattles my world !!! I rushed right to the board to discuss it!!!!

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news-volks

This is like a nightmare to me! The very idea of VW in Nascar really really disturbs me. I was not that cool with Toyota entering the sport either, but these impressions are not base on the origin of the manufacture as much as the manufacture itself. I do not like Toyota because I feel they have used creative marketing to spin populous reaction to sell cars instead of offering exciting cars, which was successful and has forced other manufactures to follow suit. I would embrace Honda in Nascar. Or Volvo. Not because I'm A Honda or Volvo guy.

I hate Volkswagen! Hate. They bring nothing to the table but a big ol' bowl of lies. Ugly. Crap. Okay, I'm not supposed to hate here. I don't think I've offended to many on this board.

Anyways, Toyota has made a solid contribution to my favorite sport, and their dedication, to some extent, has won me over. I still don't like their current car line up, but as a manufacture in Nascar they have persevered and proven top notch.

I will devote everything I have to contesting VW's presence in Nascar. That's is not something I will sell out. I walk away from this sport and never look back. That just the kind of company that is and the kind of guy I am.

That worked me up and got me off topic, didn't it? Miami. I don't hold out any hope for Martin's championship. The lighter side of being a bridesmaid again? He's only 1 second place away from the most second places of all time - Richard Petty has 6 second places in the points. Of course, The King has the most first place finishes too. Martin truly is the Greatest never to have won a Championship. If Jimmie is magically struck down this race I will consider it devine intervention and will have to rethink life altogether. Jimmie only need a 25th to lock the championship.

Roush always wins Miami. He's been so cold this year that its hard to pick a Roush car to win. It's gotta be Bifle again. I'm ready to go...

1. Greg Bifle
2. Mark Martin
3. Carl Edwards

1st caution: Sam "Superplug" Hornish
# of cautions: 8
Last: Micheal MacDowell

Old 11-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

guys, check this out if you would like, not sure if it will work for you or not??

FORD 400

SUNDAY, NOV 22, 2009 AT 3:15 P.M.

FORD 300

SATURDAY, NOV 21, 2009 AT 4:30 P.M.

FORD 200

FRIDAY, NOV 20, 2009 AT 8:00 P.M.

Last edited by Space; 11-22-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 AM

Thanks `Brent -JrCar- for your post/picks/VW comments WoW....US auto makers can no longer can afford to back NASCAR ? It's not a pretty story

`Chris, thanks much for your post/contributions/links
4-Sure....

Below from NASCAR.com
Kyle keeps on Winning...Don't like his personality, but the kid sure has talent....Congrat's..

'Icing on the cake' as Busch wins race, title

Kyle Busch knew all he had to do was start the Ford 300 and he would win his first NASCAR championship. Well, not only did he start, but he came to race as he led the most laps and held off Carl Edwards in the final turn to win his ninth Nationwide race on the season.

Homestead: Unofficial Results | Unofficial Standings

Final Laps

Kyle Busch cruises to the checkered flag at HMS and gets two wins -- the Ford 300 and the title.
Watch Now

Victory Lane

Kyle Busch gets his 30th Nationwide win and his first NASCAR national series title at Homestead.
Watch Now

Friction continues between Hamlin, BK

Denny Hamlin dumps the No. 88 in the corner but Brad Keselowski saves it and continues on.
Hamlin, BK reaction

Ambrose wants to end on a high note

Excited about chances at Homestead before returning to Australia.
16 Comments
VW talks with NASCAR

Only title was a long time in the making

Bobby Allison relates to Mark Martin's drive for his first championship.
26 Comments
1on1: Bobby Allison

'Trackside' visits with newest JRM driver

Kelly Bires joins the SPEED gang to discuss his Nationwide deal with JR Motorsports.
NASCAR Smarts

For Jimmie Johnson, blame Jeff Gordon

Former champ changed the course of history by unearthing current one.
48 Comments
Notes: Junior, Gordon

Up close with
Jimmie Johnson

Marty Snider sits down with the points leader to talk about where he ranks with the greats.
Johnson signs extension

Up close with
Mark Martin

Marty Snider gets the veteran to open up about all things NASCAR on the eve of the season finale.
Up close: Hendrick

Old 11-22-2009, 05:04 AM

Space Picks @ HomeStead
Who I want 2 Win
1. Dale Jr
2. Joey Lagano
3. Mark Martin

First Caution: Kyle Busch : )
5 Cautions
Last Place: Space & John Andretti
EnJoy the Race

Old 11-22-2009, 12:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

hmm i'll have to go back and looks about those posts on the US automakers and such...anyway i can't believe its the last race!!!

soo totally stoked!

hmm my top picks:
1. Mark Martin
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Tony Stewart

First caution: hopefully Kyle =D

I'll say 7 cautions

And idk who will get last lol i hate choosing that one

Old 11-23-2009, 01:10 AM

Well looks like the season is over with and I must say it was an intense race after about lap 80 or so. Of course the gossip point stewart and montoya. Now Im a stewart man myself but in all reality, montoya shouldnt have retaliated against tonys retaliation. Montoya hits him, so he hits back, and montoya comes outta the pits just to hit him again after Nascar says enough is enough? C'mon Montoya, well hope to be at the champions week in las vegas!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 05:08 AM

yea the whole montoya thing was rediculous.. Tony was still "in the race" when montoya spun him. He should've been black flagged indefinitly, for life!!!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 05:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I disagree - I think Tony should have been parked before Peblo got back out. I'm no Peblo fan, but he only ran into the back on Tony on the straight (the first contact incident) which is allowed and is harmless to these COT's. In essence, Peblo bump drafted Tony. No harm done! Then Tony straight up wrecked Peblo on purpose, and I don't see how that could be argued. He turned hard into Peblo right side on the straight and cut the tire. He ran him so low he was forced to rebound into the wall. Reminded me of Tony's assination attempt on Matt Kenseth's life in the 2006 Daytona 500. At least that time Tony was sent to the tail end of the longest line - even though he essentailly ended the day for Kenseth.
Nascar should have dealt with Tony, but instead they left Peblo to do it. Nascar never penalizes Tony - they always take his side. The entire garage knows this and have said it (especially Ragan Smith).
Tony may have still been in the race when Peblo took him out, but Peblo was in the race when Tony took him out and Peblo had the better points race going. In the end, I have no problem with malice on the track being settled with malice on the track. I choose to support non vindictive gentlemen as my favorites (Jr. is clumsy at worst). Keep the good guys out of it.