NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR Update: 11/16/10 Last Race : (

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default NASCAR Update: 11/16/10 Last Race : (

HOMESTEAD

1 p.m. ET Sunday, ESPN

Ford tough?

Mike Ford talked the talk after Texas and if Denny Hamlin is going to hang on and win a title, Joe Menzer says the crew chief will have to walk the walk at Homestead.

Phoenix: Results | Standings | Lap-by-Lap | Video: Weekend Top 5
Avondale, Ariz.
Clear 64°
Forecast

Daily Pit Stop: Who'll end up with the Cup?

Estes and Petty debate who will win the Cup championship and Carl Edwards' flip.
More Daily Pit Stop

G-W-C Finish: PIR and the final stretch

Estes, Bell talk about the tight Chase race, Knaus' fuel gamble, pick a Sprint Cup champion.
Final Laps

Mistake proves fortuitous for Harvick

Dropped lug nut at Phoenix kept the No. 29 in the title hunt.
84 Comments
Clinch scenarios

Fan celebration brings victory home

Back flip first, then Edwards heads into crowd for "fan stand."
47 Comments
Victory Lane

Edwards wins at PIR; Chase tightest ever

Edwards snaps a 70-race winless streak as Hamlin's lead shrinks.
842 Comments
Winner's gear

Fuel for Hamlin: Win next week's race

Chase leader lost chance to distance himself after late stop at Phoenix.
467 Comments
Sound Off: Hamlin

Johnson survives to race another week

Caraviello: Champ was looking beaten, then things began to change.
1423 Comments
Press Pass: Johnson

Source: Nascar.com
__________________________________________________ ____________

Are you going to watch the last race of the season ?
What's going to win the title ?

Watch for Cowboy `Duane or JrCar `Brent's Thread for your picks for the last race of the season...

Old 11-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Yeah I'll be watching the race but, in all honesty, i just don't want Jimmie Johnson to win again. 4 times is enough.

Normally I'd prefer for an American make to win but it looks like Denny Hamlin could possibly win. The only bad thing about this is that he drive a T****a.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 PM

If J.J. wins ~> It will be another Chevy Win...
If Denny & J.J. have problems ? Kevin in a Chevy could end up winning It's not a lock Should be a fun/interesting race 4-Sure....
__________________________________________________ __
Track Talk from Valvoline

THE BIG STORY
Only 46 points separate the top three Chase contenders going into the last race, as Carl Edwards ended a 70 race Cup winless streak, taking Sunday's Kobalt Tools 500k at Phoenix International Raceway. Denny Hamlin dominated, leading 190 of the 312 laps, but was forced to pit for gas in the closing laps after a long green-flag stretch. He finished 12th. Edwards' Ford finished 4.7 seconds ahead of Ryan Newman, followed by Joey Logano, Greg Biffle and Jimmie Johnson. The Chase standings, with Phoenix finish in parenthesis: Hamlin; Johnson, -15 points; Kevin Harvick (sixth), - 31 points; Edwards, -264; Matt Kenseth (seventh), -311; Jeff Gordon (11th), - 338; Kyle Busch (13th), - 347; Biffle, - 349; Tony Stewart (17th), - 388; Kurt Busch (ninth), - 429; Clint Bowyer (21st), - 434; Jeff Burton (19th), - 504.
Also: The No. 24 Jeff Gordon and No. 48 Jimmie Johnson over-the-wall pit crews remained swapped at Phoenix and will continue that way at Homestead . . . Kyle Busch was fined $25,000 by NASCAR for unsportsmanlike conduct at Texas . . . Chevrolet will return to IndyCar competition in 2012 with a twin-turbo V-6. Penske Racing will debut the engine . . . Ron Hornaday signed a multi-year contract extension with Kevin Harvick's Truck team.
Return to Top
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Carl Edwards won the pole Friday at PIR with a 136.389 mph lap. Sunday, he led 40 of the first 60 laps. Brendan Gaughan wrecked on the first lap for a yellow. Brad Keselowski crashed on lap 59. Denny Hamlin moved into the lead on lap 66. There was a debris yellow on lap 100 and Kevin Harvick had contact with AJ Allmendinger exiting the pits. When Robby Gordon spun on lap 226, Harvick left the pits minus one lug nut, but he had to come back in. But that extra splash of gas meant he could go all the way without another pit stop. Hamlin had to pit on lap 297. Edwards, fastest in every practice session, got the victory. Jimmie Johnson was told to slow down with about 25 laps to go and made it to the end without pitting. Edwards averaged 110.758 mph with five yellows for 25 laps. He led 93 laps. Matt Kenseth qualified 15th in the Valvoline Ford and finished seventh.
Return to Top
NASCAR Nationwide Series
Carl Edwards led 153 laps for his second consecutive series win in Saturday's Wypall 200 at Phoenix. His Ford finished 5.2 seconds ahead of Kevin Harvick, with Joey Logano third. Brad Keselowski, with the title already clinched, was fourth. Edwards now has four wins this year. He averaged 107.063 mph with four yellows for 21 laps.
Return to Top
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Todd Bodine clinched his second series championship with a 12th-place finish Friday night at Phoenix, as Clint Bowyer won for the first time in about four years in his first start of the season. Bowyer was subbing for Kevin Harvick in the No. 2 Chevrolet - Harvick having won the race the previous two years. Bowyer led 95 laps and beat Kyle Busch's Toyota by just over one second. Johnny Sauter was third. Bodine struggled with handling issues but his title rival, Aric Almirola, finished fifth and that allowed Bodine to get his first crown since 2006. Bowyer averaged 99.539 mph with five yellows for 27 laps.
Return to Top
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series
Larry Dixon, John Force, Greg Anderson and LE Tonglet clinched NHRA championships in Sunday's Auto Club Finals at Pomona Raceway, with Anton Brown, Force, Shane Gray and Eddie Krawiec getting the victories. In Top Fuel, Dixon clinched early, then saw Brown run 3.840 seconds, 311.99 mph to beat Shawn Langdon's 4.185, 306.46 mph in the finals. Dixon wound up 102 points ahead of Tony Schumacher. In Funny Car, Force locked-up his 15th title when Matt Hagan lost in the first round and he won in round two. In the finals, his Ford Mustang clocked 4.085, 310.41 mph to Jeff Arend's 4.109, 307.65 mph. Force's margin over Hagan was 42 points. In Pro Stock, Anderson claimed the title on Saturday. In Sunday's finals, Gray's Pontiac GXP had a 6.566, 209.20 mph pass to defeat Jeg Coughlin Jr.'s 6.568, 210.18 mph in a Chevrolet Cobalt. Anderson won by 112 points over Greg Stanfield. In Pro Stock Motorcycle, Krawiec's Harley-Davidson went 6.811, 196.90 mph as Hector Arana turned on the red light. Tonglet's margin over Andrew Hines was four points.
Return to Top
Formula One
Sebastian Vettel, 23, replaced Lewis Hamilton as the youngest world champion with his victory in Sunday's season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at the Yas Marina Circuit. Vettel's Red Bull-Renault started on the pole and controlled the event up-front. Vettel started the race 15 points behind Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, who lost a position early and finished seventh. Alonso finished second in points, four behind Vettel. Hamilton finished second in his McLaren-Mercedes, by 10.1 seconds, with Jenson Button third after 55 laps. The other title contender, Mark Webber, finished eighth. Michael Schumacher wasn't hurt in a first-lap crash when Vitantonio Liuzzi's car narrowly missed his head.
Return to Top
Racer of the Week
Carl Edwards. Phoenix Cup pole, win, and Nationwide series victory.
Return to Top
Yes, He REALLY Said That
Ricky Carmichael, on his transition from motocross to NASCAR. "I'm not worried about going out there and saying to myself, 'I've got to do these jumps or obstacles, or I'm not going to win, or if I don't make them, I'm going to crash and potentially hurt myself.' I can focus on racing and what the vehicle is going to be like, and the track is going to be like, instead of having a sense of fear of not wanting to get hurt."
Return to Top
Valvoline Winners
Last WeekendCarl Edwards, NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide series, Phoenix. Antron Brown, NHRA Top Fuel class, Pomona.
Return to Top
This WeekendNASCAR
Trucks, Nationwide and Cup call it a season at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Last edited by Space; 11-16-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:26 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well it turns out the 78 motorhome crashed into the hauler on an icy road going up to the teams headquarters in Denver, CO. I never suspected that the team would have trouble because they live in the ice and their truck would crash just trying to get a car back home.

But, everyone is okay, and the melee happened amidst a 34 car crash on I-25.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:02 AM

..Hi `Duane, Accidents happen 4 Sure: On the Track & on the public highways...Great to read no one was hurt, but I'm sure it will cost them.

Have you made your choice on the Champion ?
Are you going to start a new thread for the last race picks ?

Hope life is going good for you & that you will have the chance to watch/enjoy the race....

I'm looking forward to listening to it : )
Peace/Happy/Out

Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 AM

The first NASCAR race I ever watched (that I remember) was back when I was probably seven. It was a race between Jeff Gordon and Dale, Sr. Jeff won but it was close. Sr was trying so hard to get around Gordon but just couldn't do it. My favorite driver is still Gordon and I hope he wins more Championships in the future.

But for this year, I just don't want JJ to win.