Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

`MCF Poll for Last NASCAR Race !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Poll for Last NASCAR Race !!!

How about we jump back on the track with a street legal NASCAR replica.

Will it help the thread if I say that I think Jeffers can still pull it out?

Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Sorry Uncle Space.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]No Problem, No Sorry's needed : )[/align][align=center]It's the Monte Carlo Forum Family Site.[/align][align=center]Everyone is `free to post. I appreciate/enjoy reading[/align][align=center]what falls outa member's heads : )[/align][align=center]and I laugh [/align][align=center]Zometimes, whenit falls outa somewhere else : ([/align][align=center][]Smells pretty bad : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I learn a lot about people from around our country[/align][align=center]by what they post : ) [/align][align=center]That's what forum's are all about to me.[/align][align=center]I'm surprised there aren't more member's involved in[/align][align=center]NASCAR.[/align]

Old 11-14-2007, 07:54 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I'd love to check the Jr wins box, but I have no faith in his engines (sad, sad, sad). So I hope Jeff can pull it off and upset JJ.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Default RE: `MCF Poll for Last NASCAR Race !!!

[align=center][:-]

Many "Lasts" this weekend

Written by Administrator/ post by MCF `Space

Nov 14, 2007

This weekend will be the last time we see some things, like Dale Earnhardt Jr. driving his famous red #8 Chevy. It's Kyle Busch's last weekend driving for Hendrick Motorsports, and NASCAR's ironman Ricky Rudd will be running his last Cup Series race, putting his career total at 906 starts.
Ricky Rudd:
This is the last race of your career this weekend, has that fact sunk in yet?
“Honestly it really hasn’t settled in that this weekend is it. I was so busy trying to get my shoulder better the past few months and suddenly here we are at the end of the season already. The reality just hasn’t settled in but I’m looking forward to having time to spend with my family. I’ve been fortunate enough to have achieved so many things in my life both on and off the track. As much as I will miss racing on Sundays, I look forward to the next adventure in my life.”

How do you want to be remembered by your peers and fans?
“We’ve had a lot of loyal fans over the years that have always pulled for me and whatever team I was with during my career. I just want everyone to remember me as someone who gave 120 percent every day in the race car. Looking back, I know that I shied away from the limelight of the media a lot. I did that in order to make sure that I had a good balance of my work and personal lives. I found that balance was very important to me and I think that is one of the main reasons I was able to enjoy over 30 years in this sport. I’m just a guy who loves this sport. I came into NASCAR because I loved racing and I wanted to try and succeed in it. I gave it everything that I had, and hopefully everyone will remember that about me.”
[/align]

Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 AM

[align=center]

[/align]
[/align][align=center]Track Stats [/align]

[:-]
HOMESTEAD/MIAMI
Distance: 1.5-mile oval
Banking/Turns 1-4:18-20 Âş
Banking/Straights:3 Âş
Length/Frontstretch: 1,760 ft.
Length/Backstretch: 1,760 ft.
Miles/laps: 400.5 miles, 267 laps
[align=center][/align][align=center]
11/18/07 Sunday - Sunday
Ford 400 (Chevrolet is going to beat Ford : )
Homestead-Miami Speedway
ABC/3 p.m.(`Space is happy that it's on Broadcast TV : )[/align][align=center]No Cable needed to view : )
MRN/Radio (The best announcer's of NASCAR Rac'in : )
Tickets ~> Sorry, can't afford them : ( [/align][align=center]EnJoy[/align]

Old 11-14-2007, 01:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

space.. ricky rudd ran his last race in his career like 2 years ago.... he keeps coming back and driving for somebody every so often.... then he said he felt like a part of his life was missing, so he got back in for Yates for another year..... maybe he means it this time, i don't know, but i would'nt bank on it being his last race.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:43 PM

Hi Cowboy, & Member's.
Ricky Rudd is one of my grandfather's favorite old time NASCAR Driver's.
I think racing must be like cigarettes, they both are addicting, & hard to quite : (
I know that it could be easy for me to become addicted to Racing : )
I wish I had the oppurtunity to test my ablities on the circuit : )
I do great in a go-Kart, but I know it's not the same.
But it sure would be great to get paid for something that you love to do.
That's one of my major goals in `life.
I'm looking forward to the Race this Sunday, and I'm really happy
that it's free on Broadcast TV : )
I have to work some during the Race, but MRN Radio does call a great Race.
Thanks for your post, and `if I haven't posted it, I love the new `sig that
Craig (Member Black Attack) designed for you.
My g/f thought it was Kasey K. standing by your `Monte.[]
Peace/Out

Old 11-15-2007, 11:42 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My g/f met Ricky Rudd when he came to Ohio once. I guess supermarkets that sold Tide had a contest as to whoever sold the most Ricky Rudd would come for a visit and sign autographs.

There used to be a 1980s Monte in the area that someone painted yellow and red. Then they painted a large number 5 on the doors. I guess they liked Terry LaBonte?

Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 PM

[align=center]
Prediction: Hendrick wins Championship [/align][align=center]
[align=center]Written by Administrator & MCF `Space [/align]
[align=center]Nov 15, 2007
[/align][align=center]DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Nov. 13, 2007) – Heading into the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, one thing is clear – Hendrick Motorsports will win its seventh NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series championship. What is yet to be decided is which driver will win the title – Jimmie Johnson (No. 48 Lowe’s Chevrolet) or Jeff Gordon (No. 24 DuPont Chevrolet).

The Hendrick Motorsports teammates are the only two of the 12 Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup drivers mathematically eligible to win the 2007 title. Johnson holds an 86-point lead over Gordon after rattling off four consecutive victories.

While the deficit is not ideal for Gordon, the margin is not insurmountable. Four times this season, Gordon has “out-pointed” Johnson by 87 points or more – Daytona 500 (88 points), Texas in April (121), Pocono in June (153) and Indianapolis (119).

Johnson needs an 18th-place finish or higher, regardless of where Gordon finishes, to clinch the title. If he leads a lap, he needs a 19th-place finish and if he leads the most laps, he can finish 21st. On the other end of the spectrum, if Gordon finishes 15th or worse, Johnson clinches.

Gordon has had limited success at Homestead. In eight races he has three top fives and six top 10s. However, Homestead is one of two active tracks at which Gordon has yet to win. Johnson has two top fives and four top 10s in six Homestead races. He has finished below 18th in his two other starts.
[/align][/align][align=center]Congratulations to Henricks, and his Organization[/align][align=center]Oh, Mr.Rick...`if you are still reading MCF Posts ?[/align][align=center]Member `Space[/align][align=center]is ready to drive for you. [/align][align=center]Space gets aPM from Mr.Rick: No Way `Space [X(][/align][align=center][/align]

Quick Reply: `MCF Poll for Last NASCAR Race !!!