Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* Worst Run State *

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello `Lou, I could not find a survey on worst run cities, but `if there is a lot of crime in the city, then it sure isn't being run very well To me a safe city is a well run city

To me there's to many out there just taking away our freedom to live in peace & happiness. I would like to see a country that you could travel and go any place without fear...That is not the case in the USA or in our World It's SAD I wish the USA would fight the war on crime in our country before we go to other countries to defend their freedom...I think we should set the example for freedom & we are not setting the example in our own country...

Lead by a good Example & show the World that they can to ?

Last edited by Space; 12-02-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Greetings from #1 worst run state. I never try and get political on forums, but someday I may get impatient with the way the golden state is run and pack up and move to one of those better run states where the tax dollars go further.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:57 PM

god am i high on the dangerous places to live bahahahahaha im from west springfield sandwiched between 53.holyokema 38.springfieldma im at college in 66.lowellma

Old 12-02-2012, 06:18 PM

Um I pretty much think that Louisiana should be #1 lol. The FBI National report says that Baton Rouge (city I stay in) ranks among the top five cities in the country(murder rate), and New Orleans remains the worst city in America with 52 people murdered per 100,000. Both being in Louisiana I have to say that we are the worst and I cant wait to leave... Our stupid govenor doesnt seem to care a bit, how can you cut education spending?

Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There was a drive-by shooting 6 blocks from my house last night. And there's been a bunch of home invasion robberies in my area recently also. So aparantly Windsor, Ontario, Canada isn't very safe either.

Obviously the crime rate goes up as the unemployment rate goes up. So the areas with more unemployment are going to see more crime.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
There was a drive-by shooting 6 blocks from my house last night. And there's been a bunch of home invasion robberies in my area recently also. So apparently Windsor, Ontario, Canada isn't very safe either.

Obviously the crime rate goes up as the unemployment rate goes up. So the areas with more unemployment are going to see more crime.

`Lou, that's sad to read 4-Sure..I hope you find a new home in a safe area soon...

It's just not your area, it happens often in the Orlando Florida area often...There are several gangs now in Orlando that battle on the streets...

I hope our country wakes `up and starts taking care of their own home first, before they go to other countries to help solve thier problems...I think we have to solve ours first & lead by example & not be sending our troops into dangerous area's around planet earth...`amen

Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You make a very good point Space. I've been wondering that for years. How does one expect us to solve the rest of the world's problems, when we can't even solve our own?

And before this turns political. This is a problem that has been going on for decades. Covering all political party's rule. So there's plenty of blame for everyone.

Somewhere along this road of life, it became taboo or illegal to discipline your kids when they did something wrong. Parents were told that disciplining their child hurt their self esteem.

The problems are much more complicated than just that. But It would just be a long boring rant on my part.