Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
It doesn't hurt me, I'm Rich : )
10.00%
It hurts a little
45.00%
I've slowed down
0%
I'm taking the Bus/Train
0%
I Drink more & Smoke : )~
10.00%
It hurts a lot : (
10.00%
I just sit here & cry & take Web-Trips : (
25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

$ + $ Gas Prices $ + $

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: $ Gas Price Predictions $5 + WTF $

Our gas was at $3.29 two days ago.

Yesterday (and this morning) it was at $3.02/gal. When I got work this monring it was at $3.26/gal.

Nice jump in prices again. [sm=joke.gif]

Old 05-18-2007, 06:31 PM

Can you imagine what it will cost for the family to drive to their cottage in the big honkin' SUV, bomb around in the boat, and Seadoo for the weekend, and then drive home. And expect to do thisevery weekend??? WTF how much money do people make to be able to afford this.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

Can you imagine what it will cost for the family to drive to their cottage in the big honkin' SUV, bomb around in the boat, and Seadoo for the weekend, and then drive home. And expect to do thisevery weekend??? WTF how much money do people make to be able to afford this.
Druglords!!

Old 05-24-2007, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: $ + $ Gas Prices $ + $

[hr]
[hr]
[hr]
[hr]
We must laugh or we all would cry ourselves to Death [X(]

Old 05-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

just went up to a 1.14 a litre for regular up here yesterday! crazy! is there actually any reason this time?

Old 05-24-2007, 08:15 AM

Just because they can.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:19 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nope.

Cause we let them.

We as the consumer have the real power. But the sheep mentality keeps us from flexing our "buying power" muscle.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: rj

Nope.

Cause we let them.

We as the consumer have the real power. But the sheep mentality keeps us from flexing our "buying power" muscle.

Exactly!!! I just read that people have not changed their driving habits at all and still plan not to cut back traveling this summer.

We are definitely willing to pay the price still!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:17 PM

If people would actually organize and pick on say, one particular gas company per week. This would really hit them hard. Instead of everyone doing a general one day Gas-out. People just buy their gas before hand and the oil companies still make the same over the week. But if you say avoid one particular brand for a week, the flux in the market would even out among the other companies, and would hurt big oil that much more.

The sad thing is that the EPA hides behind the false pretense of protecting the environment, when it's their regulations that keep companies from building new refineries, which means less capacity, especially when one (like the mainone that feeds the Midwest market) has an explosion. That's why Premium is 3.49 here, Mid gradewith ethanol is 3.35, where it's cheaper almost anywhere else. 3/4 of a tank last weekend was 45$ and still had to put some more in yesterday to make it to the end of the week. But I should buy some more now, because it'll probably go up over the holiday weekend, you know, there'll be some other excuse for raising it 20 morecents. Where New Jersey (read; highest concentration of big oil execs) hasn't broken the 3$ per gallon mark yet.

Some markets in the mid west are limited to 85% of the supply we had last year, even though consumption is up by 2% or so.

The supply and demand stuff is bullcrud, sure you look at the numbers and the facts and it makes sense at first, until you realize that something always seems tohappen to the supply end of it just when demand peaks. Oh, there was a tropical storm (not talking about a hurricane, a much less intense storm), oh the alaska lines need repair, oh there was an explosion, oh the government stopped releasing our reserves. OH WTF IS NEXT.......?

Old 05-25-2007, 12:49 AM

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

If people would actually organize and pick on say, one particular gas company per week. This would really hit them hard. Instead of everyone doing a general one day Gas-out. People just buy their gas before hand and the oil companies still make the same over the week. But if you say avoid one particular brand for a week, the flux in the market would even out among the other companies, and would hurt big oil that much more.

The Bad thing is this would not work either.
Heres a link to where it explains why it wont work.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

scroll all the way down towards bottom of the page and it explains how the oil compaines sell their gas to other oil companys.

Mike.

Quick Reply: $ + $ Gas Prices $ + $