Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
It doesn't hurt me, I'm Rich : )
10.00%
It hurts a little
45.00%
I've slowed down
0%
I'm taking the Bus/Train
0%
I Drink more & Smoke : )~
10.00%
It hurts a lot : (
10.00%
I just sit here & cry & take Web-Trips : (
25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

$ + $ Gas Prices $ + $

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: $ Gas Price Predictions $5 + WTF $

[align=center]May 15, 2007[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:@]United States National Gas Price Average [:@][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]$ 3.10 a gal[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]of Gold[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If the price continues to climb, I think our forum will see more[/align][align=center]post relating to fuel economy, instead of performance.[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Instead of requesting infor on how can I make it go faster, it will be[/align][align=center]how can I make it go further : ([/align][align=center][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]..#%@#$##%$#[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It better not go to $5 a gallon Uncle Sam[X(][/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]No Money - No Funny[/align][align=center]Peace[/align]

Old 05-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i went into the gas station the other day and asked for $5 in gas, the attendant farted and gave me a receipt!!

Old 05-15-2007, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i went into the gas station the other day and asked for $5 in gas, the attendant farted and gave me a receipt!!
That was funny Mod `Wiz
I hope the receipt wasn't on Toilet Paper
I'm honoring the Don't Buy Gas on the 15th of May [X(], because I don't have the $

Old 05-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider
[align=center]I hope the receipt wasn't on Toilet Paper [/align]
lol...that would be funny!! haha

lmao!

Old 05-17-2007, 11:59 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center][:@][/align]

The average U.S. household paid $2,277 for gasoline in 2006, up 78% from 2001[:@], according to estimates from the Consumer Federation of America and Consumers Union, the publisher of Consumer Reports. The numbers are similar to other estimates, including those from Moody's Economy.com.

"It's a big bite out of the household budget," says Mark Cooper, director of research at the Consumer Federation of America.

From 2001 to 2005, the most recent data, median household income rose more than $4,000, nearly 10%, to $46,326, according to the Census Bureau.

While higher gasoline prices have been a nuisance to all, they have placed a bigger burden on low-income households. Cooper estimates the percentage of pretax income low-income consumers spent on gasoline was 9.5% in 2006 vs. 7% in 2002. For all consumers, the percentage was 3.6% in 2006 vs. 2.5% in 2002.

For the very poor, "people buy less medicine, they buy less food" when forced to pay more at the pump, says Mark Wolfe, executive director of the National Energy Assistance Directors Association. He notes the increase in gasoline prices comes on top of higher costs for heating and air conditioning, which have stressed some household budgets.

"Businesses that serve lower- to middle-income people, they have reason to be concerned," Wolfe says.

Wal-Mart executives this week said higher gasoline prices were hurting sales at the nation's largest retailer.

"Gas prices are causing Americans significant financial hardship," Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., said at a hearing Wednesday of the House Judiciary Committee on gasoline prices.

The nationwide average price of a gallon of regular gasoline was $3.103 Wednesday, up more than a penny from Tuesday and nearly 25 cents higher than a month ago, according to motorist club AAA. The price set a record, not adjusted for inflation, for the fourth consecutive day. The inflation-adjusted all-time high was set in March 1981 at $3.223 in today's dollars, according to the Energy Department.

Consumer groups, along with Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal, argued at the hearing that consolidation in the oil industry has led to reduced competition and has allowed oil companies to limit how much oil they refine into gasoline. That is restricting supplies and leading to higher gasoline prices, they said.

"Mega-companies arising from this merger mania have aggressively used their ever-growing market clout to subject consumers to increasing prices and unnerving market volatility," Blumenthal said. "Big Oil has created a market on the brink."

But a representative from the oil industry said the higher gasoline prices were a result of elevated crude-oil costs set on world markets, strong demand, a decline in imports, environmental mandates for specialty gasoline blends and necessary refinery maintenance.

"The recent price increases reflect the forces of supply and demand," American Petroleum Institute chief economist John Felmy said.
I feel for those in Canada : (
[align=center][/align]
Copyright 2007 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc. All Rights Reserved.
[align=center][/align]
2007-05-17 06:53:25
[/align]

Old 05-17-2007, 02:35 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm honoring the Don't Buy Gas on the 15th of May [X(], because I don't have the

I did!!!

I heard on the radio yesterday that if weall save one gallon of gas (say in the month of june) it would force the price of gas down in the U.S.
I personally find this statement BS. Due to the times they RAISED the price/gal when they said demand was down.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:04 PM

Space - according to some other researchers, moms paid more for SUVs to haul their kids to school, the grocery store and to go offroading through the parking lot of Starbucks.

In related news some moms discovered that their Saturn Ion can do the same thing.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:35 PM

I just filled my tank today and the station owner said " Better fill it now.Next week it is going to $4.00" His prices today were $3.02 for 87 octane,$3.12 for 89,and $3.22 for the 93.He said he just talked to "them" (I guess meaning Exxon corporate guys) and that is what they said.
By the way,this was in Allentown,PA.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

I just filled my tank today and the station owner said " Better fill it now.Next week it is going to $4.00" His prices today were $3.02 for 87 octane,$3.12 for 89,and $3.22 for the 93.He said he just talked to "them" (I guess meaning Exxon corporate guys) and that is what they said.
David, by the time I get out of college in a few years, I won't be able to afford
a road trip around North America. I wish I had stock in EXxon : )
It just makes me want 2 cry [X(]
Space

Old 05-18-2007, 01:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

Gas just dropped here in Cali about .10 in the last week. I'm sure that we here have our own refineries and use a different source from the rest of the world.

Supposedly after Mother's day and the restarting of some West Coast refineries, the prices let up very little.

I suspect they will be back up for Memorial Day traveling.

Boycotting gas mostly hurts the small gas station owners. Cutting out traveling for the holidays really kills the oil companies.

When I used to travel, I used to fill up 4 times a day for 2 days straight. Thats a months ofnormal activityin jsut 2 days.

We need to consider drastically cutting down our vacation and weekend traveling and stay home for 6 months or more.

Quick Reply: $ + $ Gas Prices $ + $