New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

STICK AROUND

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Default STICK AROUND

i was crusin around and i noticed that there is alot of new comers but very few who stick around. one icluding a co worker of myne who had owned a few. i keep encouraging him to get on here cause he knows alot about the 80's montes.

I am encourageing people that come on here to stay active. for some reasons
1: its very addictive
2: gives you something to do
3: learn things about your car you dont even know
4: learn about monte meets in your area (especially in illinois were cort tends to organize a few a year)
5: get to know others
6: vote for monte of the month
7: eligability for monte of the month
8: see crazy post of cool stuff found by others
9: appreciate CARS
10: add ideas for others

MOST IMPORTANTLY HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL
Default RE: STICK AROUND

YES!!!!
This is fun, addicting, something to do, and tons of great ideas for my monte and tell others.
Most of the people on here are great and friendly(some of the other forums get really nasty, not this one lol.)

Thanks everyone for keeping the MONTE CARLO FORUM alive.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:53 AM

Eh, it kinda sucks when new people come in and go and only post once. This forum is really valuable to me, more so than any W-Body forum. This is specifically made for my model. There's so much good information here, it's really kind of scary. After you search around, all my questions are answered, and I know if I have any new ones, I can go ahead and ask. You people seem to know your stuff.

I'm glad to be a part of a really helpful community. So thanks in advance, guys.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:04 AM

[align=center]Hi `Adam,[/align][align=center]Great encouraging post. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Some people only join when they have a problem with their[/align][align=center]Monte, and once they get help, they disappear : ([/align][align=center]Many times without a `Thank You...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Active contributing members (like U)keep the MFC alive, and growing.[/align][align=center]One can only get from the MCF what they put into it.[/align][align=center](Just like `Life : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would love to see every member post a welcome to every[/align][align=center]New Member. It`s sad when you come into someones home,[/align][align=center]and no one says `hello : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I also think that our MCF Moderators (past & present) do a[/align][align=center]excellent `job of keeping our forum a family friendly site.[/align][align=center]They don`t get paid, and donate many hours helping[/align][align=center]members, and being fair to `all.[/align][align=center]Thanks to our great MCF Moderators.[/align][align=center](Space has been warned many times for his off colored crazyposts: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would also like to see more members post a thank you when[/align][align=center]a member helps them with their posted problems.[/align][align=center](Many seems to be thankless)[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]At the end of this month I will have been a member for 3 years,[/align][align=center]and the MCF has been my escape from my studies.[/align][align=center]I have met many great members on the MCF, and have[/align][align=center]learned a lot about the Monte Carlo, and also about people[/align][align=center]from all around planet earth. It has really been a learning experience for me, & the BeachBums.[/align][align=center]We live on a isolated area, and have all been homeschooled.[/align][align=center]We are way different then the rest...4-Sure.[8D][][8D][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Now we are `off to new adventures in the World.[/align][align=center]We still will be checking in on the MCF.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We sure hopethe MCFcontinues to grow& be a great resource/asset[/align][align=center]to all that own, and drive the AweSome Chevrolet Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Maybe we will get our new vB Server for Christmas ? ? ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Adam, with members like you, I am sure that it will survive,[/align][align=center]and get better. Thanks for all your contributions to the forum.[/align][align=center]Good Luck to you, and all members. `Space[/align][align=center](one more week of night shift & 27 days left in USA)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish the Reader of above a `Happy.....4-Sure [/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/4301/FAA945C98CA046F288B31789EEF38754.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 12-13-2008, 12:10 AM

ppl in general only care to solve what problem they have then to hell with staying around, if i had a dime for every n00b i helped that dissapeared without even sayin thanks id have enuf to buy a bodykit

Old 12-13-2008, 09:29 AM

Im staying around.I love my Monte.Wont be on the road til next month sometime I hope.But im sure I will have question.I have been doing some looking around here.Thats one reason I dont post much.Thanks Tony

Old 12-13-2008, 04:48 PM

good to hear

Old 12-13-2008, 05:09 PM

Well said, innsanity.

So true that this forum is very addictive.

-Riggs.