Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

What? A stick! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Default What? A stick! Help!

Someone please help! Just bought a 1980 Monte with the Buick Turbo V6 option. The biggest problem I'm facing with the car right now is an oil leak. It's internal. Meaning oil is dumping into the exhaust manifold and nice big clouds of white smoke are coming out of the exhaust. I think the turbo's seals are blown but I'm not sure yet. I have yet to remove the turbo. Aside from that I have one other problem I need to address first. I'm not sure why but the previous owner thought it would be a good idea to plug what I think is either the AIR Check Valve or the Oil return grommet with a STICK and some sealant. Yes I said a stick, or more like a broom handle whittled down to fit in the hole. I originally had the car towed to the house and didn't run it because of the oil leak situation. I was planning on moving it down the road to my friends house where I'm going to pull the motor and do a full rebuild etc. Problem is when I went to start the car to move it the stick blew out the hole and covered my firewall in oil. I'm not familiar with this engine and it's setup so my question is, "what goes there?" I know not a stick! I need to know how to fix this problem so I can drive it down the road a few blocks. I'm not wanting to shell out for a tow when I'm only going 5 blocks or so. If anyone has any ideas please advise.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Default RE: What? A stick! Help!

lol gotta love previous owners