New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Engine light flashing/yellow smoke

Old 04-14-2019, 11:10 AM
Default Engine light flashing/yellow smoke

Hi, I'm am new to forum but I've been referencing from here for couple years now. 😊
'01 Monte SS, and love it. I noticed other day was acting funny,and I can always tell if somethings going on with it,as in the only driver, I didn't let anyone drive it,not even hubby...
Anyhow,he checked all fluids,added what needed be, next day,went to the store and car started to like chug or miss,then all of a sudden we seen yellow smoke coming out from the tail pipe...
WTH, what could this be? Is my baby gonna be fine, plz tell me..HELP

Old 04-15-2019, 12:43 AM

So is the smoke consistently coming out when the engine is running or was it a one time thing? Yellow smoke is not a common color if it was truly yellow and not a dirty white. At any rate if it persists your baby is sick and needs to see a doctor. Sooner than later. Now the question is who is a good doctor and not a rip off scammer. Ask trusted family friends who are car savvy for recommendations. Not your mom who may be getting ripped and not even know it. Or go to a local car show and talk to people displaying cars, they would be eager to give you reliable references. Would not drive it if it is bellowing smoke unless your pulling a bank robbery and are trying to evade the police pursuit cars. Check your oil dip stick for the presence of anything foreign other than oil. Remove your radiator cap and look for the presence of a milky sludge at the radiators neck or under the reverse side of the cap. Look into your radiator neck for an oily film swirling around on top of the coolant while the engine is running. Sniff around for any semi-strong fuel smells under the hood.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:11 PM

First thing I can suggest is to check all fluids, make sure the levels are where they were before, and make sure they look like they used to. It's likely that something is entering the cylinders or mixing.

Also, I'm sure you have DexCool, drain that trash immediately and check it, DexCool will go bad very quickly if it's contaminated.