New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

2004 Dale Jr SS Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by kolakoff
When I pull back on the multi switch lever located on the steering column i don't hear a click. Shouldn't I hear a click? It is just spongy.
That's most likely the cause of your lights being stuck in high beams. These are usually an expensive repair at a dealership. But if you're comfortable taking the steering column apart, you can give it a try yourself.

GMPartsDirect.com lists it as a "combo switch". If you look it up on their site, it's listed in the section "Steering Column". Sub-section "Shroud switches and levers". Then select "combo switch".

GMPartsDirect shows the part with an MSRP of $544.78. But their price is $283.29. If you're getting the dealer to do the work, they should test yours before doing any work. To make sure that it's actually bad. If you or someone else is doing the work, check junk yards first. Keep in mind, some of them may want you to buy the entire steering column though. Doing some searching may get you a decent one at a price you can live with.

Those switches do have a tendency to go if you use the high beams a fair bit. It doesn't take much for them to go bad.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:38 PM

Do you know how much horse power the stock rods and crank can handle in my 2004 Monte Carlo Dale Jr edition.