New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New member from Minnesota: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS #2627 Dale Jr.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Default New member from Minnesota: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS #2627 Dale Jr.

Greetings to all! My name is Mike and I'm from Minnesota. This October I purchased my 3rd Monte Carlo since 2005. My first Monte was tragically taken away from me in an accident that could have been a whole lot worse in Feb of 2006. It was 2005 LS (white) that I puchased while in college. On my second day of interning at the Hibbing/Fairview hospital, I rolled the car several times on an icy patch, I had only owned the car a few months. It was MY opinion that my Monte saved my life as i walked away without a scratch. I simply HAD to purchase another Monte Carlo.
I took the money from the insurance and bought my second Monte Carlo, this time a 2002 LS in red. I had just enough $$ left over for some modifications: a NASCAR style spoiler, new chrome 16" Panther rims, a chorme dashkit and a 2-way remote car starter (a MUST in the cold winters of Minnesota!).

4 years was a good run, but I have always urged and wanted a better, sportier, faster Monte. I had tested out several SS's but i still wanted more. In 2008 I purchased my "toy": a 2008 Ford Mustang Premium GT which has since been transformed and converted into a ROUSH Stage 3. It was after spending two summers with a fully loaded performance beast, that i knew I couldn't stand to spend a 6+ month winter without a performance car (Yes, even in Minnesota during the winter!!). I'm not a stranger to the forum world, as I am on a few Mustang forums as well.

So as I was saying, In Ocotober of 2009 i was driving past a small dealership here in Virginia, Minnesota when i saw it: a Limited Dale Earnhardt Jr. Editon 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo supercharged SS # 2627(in my opinion the pinnicle of ALL Monte Carlos!)!! Now id only seen one of these cars in person and I was hooked! The rims, the stripes, the color and..... that engine! YUM! After the first test drive, I KNEW I had to have it. Now I had always longed for a yellow supercharged Monte, but this car was right in my backyard... and hey, "Limited Edition", I couldn't pass it up! It was being sold on consignment by the dealership and after some back and forth negiotiation, I had sold my red LS, sans rims and 2-way car starter, to the dealership and bought the supercharged SS outright. WOW! I am MORE than satisfied with my purchase and I am SO proud to finally find a Monte Carlo forum to share my excitement for such a wonderful and glorious peice of automitive history!

I like pictures, hope you do! :p

I joined the site last nite, and i look forward to discussing with everyone who enjoys the Monte Carlo! I look forward to getting ideas for modifications and for where to go for assistance with ANYTHING Monte Carlo! I already have a few modifications in mind and have contacted 3800performance.com. I do plan a few things to make the car more "customized" but I also want to save everything and revert it back to stock at any time... being it is a "Limited numbered edition"

For anybody that knows about me and my cars, they are clean... VERY, VERY clean!! I have always recieved many, many comments on how neat, clean and well taken care of my cars are. One can always find me on a weekend, in my front driveway, washing, wiping, cleaining clay barring, waxing, vacumming... It's quite a hobby for me!

Thank you very much for reading my post... I do tend to drone on a bit, my apologies!

Me and my race cars:

All pics available at: http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/micolcle2/

Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Default More!

Ugh! ONLY 20 images allowed!!?? I have more!!

Taken at work!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome, that is a beautiful Dale Jr Monte you have, congrats on a great Monte Carlo. you wanna trade also great pics, thanks, we love pics also...

Old 03-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Default Even MORE!!

The day I picked it up... BEFORE the drilled/slotted rotars, vinyl dash kit, windshield banner and two way car starter:

My additional plans for modifications include: a red/black carbon fiber dash kit, K&N cold air intake system, headers with full exhaust upgrade, 3.0" s/c pulley, new reflashed PCM, ICPW ruby red tailights, custom brake light vinyl, custom painted s/c plenum cover, and one of those sweet, sweet custom trunk liners from Jarhead bob & max!... WOW!!

Last edited by #2726; 03-15-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Default MY children!

And finally, some pics of my two children together:

Last edited by #2726; 03-15-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
welcome, that is a beautiful Dale Jr Monte you have, congrats on a great Monte Carlo. you wanna trade also great pics, thanks, we love pics also...

I'm gonna repost the above quote because I think it got lost in all the pics you posted! I'm not sure why nobody else has posted, maybe because there are pics of that other car that we are not all that fond of. If you look at my car, I kinda have the same type of wheels that are on your other car! I didn't know that until I joined here, but they look pretty good....

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 03-15-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Default welcome......

Welcome to the family and to the site. You have a couple of really
nice cars....errr uhh toys. This is a Monte Carlo web site but more importantnly, it is a Car Enthusiast web site.
We are ALL just a little ....CAR CRAZY !

Old 03-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

welcome to the forum.. nice cars you have

Old 03-15-2010, 10:13 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome to the site! Awesome rides!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome to the fam , man !!

Quick Reply: New member from Minnesota: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS #2627 Dale Jr.