Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Install: Front and rear STB bars for a 2004 Dale Jr. Edition supercharged Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Default Install: Front and rear STB bars for a 2004 Dale Jr. Edition supercharged Monte Carlo

It's been a little bit since i've consistantly been on the site, but as winter has now come here in the icy tundra of Minnesota, my ROUSH Mustang has taken a backseat to my 2004 Monte Carlo. It's modification time for the Monte this winter and this is what I have started with: I purchased a set of front and rear stabilizer bars from forum member "silverbullitt" (thanks) and I have finally ordered the brackets. As always, here is pictures of my installation:

First, a picture of the brackets that arrived:

the only instructions that came:

I started with the rear bar first, installed the brackets to the rear strut towers:

Then put the bars in place:

All finished with the rear:

Now it's on to the front, placing the brackets on the front strut towers:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Installing the bar:

The final and completed project:

Old 11-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Very happy with how they look, I haven't really had a chance to test them out so don't know how huge a difference they will make. I have also put on new tires for the winter (no pics as of yet). I picked up some MasterCraft Tourings. I put two on the rear last spring and now i'm complete with the front. I think now i'm ready for the winter after I put a few sandbags in the rear trunk. I don't have anything else right now in mind, although I do plan to do an engine bay video and an interior video and have them posted. I just recently did a few videos for my ROUSH Mustang prior to storing it this winter. It's again going to be a loooooooong winter here in Minnesota, but that's all right for me and the attention my Monte will now get. Thanks for reading!!

I also took a few pictures this fall that I turned into posters:

Last edited by #2726; 11-21-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

The car looks awesome! The STBs look good. I installed the STBs I got from Ryan a couple weeks ago. I didn't take pics of the process though bcuz I was in a hurry. I'll be posting mine up soon.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:08 PM

Hey I just did the same this Saturday. I noticed a lot less rattle, and it hugs curves alot better.
Those last two pics are awesome, they belong in a calendar. You should definitely be posting more.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

any results from others? i've been contemplating doing this also just dont have cash for anything right now, but those are on the list.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Looks great! I would love to do that eventually! Can you please put at least one of those fall pics in my "changing of the leaves" thread???? Great to see you on here again!!

Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Very nice write up! I too got a front STB from Ryan for the 05 and installed it some time ago.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by trewyn15
any results from others? i've been contemplating doing this also just dont have cash for anything right now, but those are on the list.
Welll lets just say that I'm having a lot more fun now that they are on mine =)

Old 11-22-2010, 09:26 PM

This may sound funny, but i noticed a quick response in the rear. lmao!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 AM

Where is the "changing of the leaves" thread?

Thank you for the comments, I have more Pics comming, a friend and I did a whole photo shoot of the car with his Nikon, as soon as i get the pics from him, i'll certainly post them!

I still haven't taken it out to notice the response. It's a quite stiff suspension compared to the '02 LS I used to drive. I'm sure in the harsh, cold Minnesota winter, these will definetly come in handy.

glad to be back on!

p.s. "quick response in the rear?" That's what SHE said.. lol

Quick Reply: Install: Front and rear STB bars for a 2004 Dale Jr. Edition supercharged Monte Carlo