NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Where should the NASCAR season end?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 06:21 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Where should the NASCAR season end?

So I got to thinking the other day about where the season should end at. Homestead has been the place for 10 years now because of teh warm weather in late November, and with ti being the last race of the year, it gives the track the boost in attendance it needs to fill teh grandstands. It's all a powerful combination.

So lets go all things considered. Track attendance, TV ratings, weather, anything else. Homestead was just boring until they made it banked liek it is. Now it is just simply great racing. However, whoever built it was stupid. Don't get me wrong, they built a great track... but Homestead is about 45 minutes from civilization. There are no hotels, good restaurants, or even a good road down to that place. The zoning laws there with the Everglades and all is terrible... if the track could have been built within 10-15 minutes of Miami, I would say it would be much better off.

NASCAR put in the chase in part to try to boost TV ratings towards the end of the year, as they were slacking after the midway point. It actually has not helped. So heres my idea...

THE NASCAR SEASON SHOULD END AT TALLADEGA

Now it's unlikely because that track packs them in every time. But what about hte TV ratings? Carl Edwards and his gang referred to 'Dega as the "wildcard" last year. ANYTHING can and does happen at Talladega. Could you imagine the intensity and excitement of ending the NASCAR season on a place like that? I would be VERY excited all week!!!! The big one, the draft, making the right move at the right time to get up front... the favorite's/leaders could be taken out, the long shot could make the right move at the right time... the possibilities are plentiful for how it could all shake out! The temperatures in southern Alabama are compatible to Florida at this time of year, the track would make a lot of money, and I think the TV ratings would be through the roof and maybe even thru 'Space... ~WoW~

So weigh in guys... where should NASCAR's season end?

Old 06-24-2009, 05:10 AM

[QUOTE][So weigh in guys... where should NASCAR's season end? /QUOTE]

Never
Race Every Week

Old 06-24-2009, 11:10 AM

I don't really have a problem with the season ending at Homestead or Talladega, but the season is TOO long and should end in the beginning/middle of October.

With the surge of popularity of gambling/fantasy football, NASCAR is pretty much forgotten about once football season starts anyway, so why drag it out til mid/end of November. Chop 10 races off basically, with no track getting two races a year. Just my opinion...

Old 06-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i'm with space! it shouldn't end!!! hell back in the day, they'd race two or three times a week all year round.

the last race of the year was in atlanta for a long time before they moved it to homestead, that was good. atlanta is a fantastic, fast, racy track where anything goes but it's not as unpredictable as 'dega. i can't imagine being in the top 3 in points going into the last race of the season, and get taken out in "the big one" that was caused by the guy running in 34th place and 40th in the points standings. the drivers have no control there. i do think 'dega should be in the "chase" (which it will be this year for the first time and i'm glad for that). it IS always exciting but i feel the last race should be somewhere that the racing is more controlled. with the championship potentially being on the line, guys are going to race like there's no tomorrow and the last place i'd personally want to see that would be talladega, especially after what already happened there this spring. something even worse could happen .

just my $.02.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:57 AM

5 Year Member

Talladega has been in the c hase, it's just being moved closer to teh end.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:47 PM

The season should end in October and should end at Bristol, the best short track where tempers always flare. Nothing better than the bump and run..... Just as long as the #24 brings home championship #5 !!!!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 07:51 PM

5 Year Member

The thing about Bristol is the weather in October/November. It gets kind of rough, way too cold to sit in the stands... I thought about that one to.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Talladega has been in the c hase, it's just being moved closer to teh end.
of course you're right. i have no idea why i thought it wasn't part of the chase. my bad! shame on me, dock me ten points. (california was the track i was thinking of that they moved into the chase.)

Old 06-25-2009, 09:32 PM

In all honesty, I'd like more road tracks. I think they push both the drivers, and their cars a little bit further.