NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Season Review NASCAR with 2 to Go : )

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:17 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Season Review NASCAR with 2 to Go : )

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
[align=center]Season review with 2 to go [/align][/align][align=center]
[align=center]Written by Administrator & `MCF Space [/align]
[align=center]Nov , 2007 [/align][align=center]
Season in Review – Week 35: A Look At The 2007 Season with two races to go [/align][align=center][:-]
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Nov. 2007) – Sixteen drivers have won NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series races this season, including all 12 drivers participating in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup. The lead in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup changed hands following each of the first five Chase races, but Jeff Gordon led the point standings in each of the next four weeks following consecutive victories at Talladega and Lowe’s Motor Speedway. Jimmie Johnson posted three consecutive victories at Martinsville, Atlanta and Texas to move back into the lead in the championship points by 30 points.

2007 Season Highlights
• At Bristol, The Car of Tomorrow made its debut.
• At Talladega, Jeff Gordon won his 77th career race, breaking a tie with Dale Earnhardt for sixth on the all-time win list. Gordon had tied Earnhardt’s mark of 76 wins the prior week in Phoenix.
• Hendrick Motorsports posted five consecutive victories (Phoenix through Charlotte), the first time since 1971 that an organization had won five straight.
• With his win at Infineon Raceway, Montoya, from Colombia, became the first foreign-born race winner since Canadian Earl Ross in 1974.
• Two of the top-10 closest finishes since the advent of electronic timing (1993) have occurred this season, both at Daytona International Speedway. The Daytona 500 on Feb. 18 had a ninth-closest margin of victory of 0.020 and the Pepsi 400 on July 7 had a margin of victory of 0.005, which is tied for second-closest.
[/align][align=center]All-time Record
• Jeff Gordon scored his 12th restrictor-plate victory with his win at Talladega and became the all-time leader in restrictor-plate victories. He broke a tie with Dale Earnhardt.
[/align][align=center][b]Qualifying
• There have been 17 different pole winners led by Jeff Gordon (seven) and Ryan Newman (five).
Qualifying was canceled at Texas, second Daytona and Watkins Glen due to inclement weather.
• The all-time record for the number of different pole winners is 24 (1957) and the Modern Era record is 18 (1997 and 2001).
• There have been four first-time pole winners this season: Clint Bowyer, Reed Sorenson, J.J. Yeley and Martin Truex Jr.
• There has been a first-time pole winner each season since 1987 – 21 consecutive years.
• Ryan Newman’s pole at Atlanta ended a streak of 20 races without a pole – the longest of his career.
• Jimmie Johnson leads all other drivers with 24 top-10 starts this season.
• Every pole winner has led a lap in the race in which he won the pole except for J.J. Yeley at the second Michigan race.

The Races
• There have been 16 different race winners, led by Jimmie Johnson (nine).
• There have been four first-time race winners this season: Casey Mears, Martin Truex Jr., Juan
Pablo Montoya and Clint Bowyer.
• There have been back-to-back victories seven times this season:
Jimmie Johnson (Las Vegas-Atlanta), (Cal

Old 11-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Default RE: Season Review NASCAR with 2 to Go : )

Jimmy Johnson 4 in a row and I beleive his 9th win of the season.

As much as I want Gordon to win it, I think Jimmy has earned it more.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Dale Jr.'s got one more chance or he'll have his first winless season.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:02 PM

Well lets hope for the winless season. Gives the announcers more senceless stuff to jabber about.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:14 PM

[align=center]J.R.[/align][align=center]I've missed your posts.[/align][align=center]I knew from your previous posts, that you did not like[/align][align=center]`Jeff'ie Gordon, but I never knew that you didn't like Little `E ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Who are you favorite drivers ?[/align][align=center]Why don't you like `Jeff, or Little `E ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I envy their talent, and their profession.[/align][align=center]I can only dream, what it would be like to get paid to Race : ) [/align][align=center]plus, all the money : ) Oh, Ladies, cars....`fun : ) [][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think Dale `Jr, had big foot steps to follow, but I[/align][align=center]still think he has talent...I'd sure trade him places : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]JR, hope you let us know...I respect everyones view, even[/align][align=center]`if sometimes I don't agree, but I sure do learn a lot about[/align][align=center]people on the MCF, from all around this planet.[/align][align=center]Thanks for contributing, and adding your opinions : )[/align][align=center]Peace Out, `Space[/align]

Old 11-13-2007, 11:17 AM

Jeff is talented but is a whiner of major magnitude even when he conceeded the chase to Jimmy this Sunday there was a tinge of whiner in his voice. Now Jr he has a mediocre driver at best. People continue to blame his equipment but then why would Martin drive so well? Jr thinks if he pushes his machine to the brink that he will win but that just leads to blown engines. Kind of reminds me of Cole Trickle at the beginning of his career in Days of Thunder thats where the difference ends as Cole became a great driver where as Jr will never. There is only one other driver I dislike and that is the idiot Stewart maybe if he got a women he would get rid of that dirt bag attitude.