NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Tony Stewert

Old 08-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Tony Stewert

Wow Tony hits driver and kills him so sorry for everyone envolved.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He killed that kid!!! Have you seen the video? He turned into him and did it on purpose - I SWEAR!!! I'm furious at Tony Stewart! He should be banned from all racing everywhere and should be behind bars!

Video link here:

NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART! You can clearly see that he turns the car to the right when he come upon Kevin Ward. The kid is twisted up when he hits the ground. I am freaking out!

I was no Tony fan, but I'm beside myself here. His delusional raging has final killed someone. How many kids/ future starts will he be allowed to deny the future of?

Old 08-10-2014, 08:36 AM

Yeah what a mess.. Hard to tell if he was trying to avoid him or not. I have been in the pits with open wheel dirt racing and it's a dangerous place to be when your on a track pointing fingers at someone. It is very distrurbing to watch the video.

Last edited by KillerB; 08-10-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:46 AM

15 Year Member

Look very much to me like her turned to try and hit him. I read Tony's story is that the car revved and fishtailed to the right, which hit him. Under caution. All out of Tony Stewart's control. Right.

He broke a 19year girls back at this track last year when he caused a 15 car pile up. And this is what he does to show us that he accepts accountability for that incident - that he's truly sorry? Show's up the next year, wrecks some more and kills someone?

He shouldn't be racing these cars just cuz he can buy his way in. I've been saying for years that his hot headed delusional-ness was going to kill someone one day. My wife reminded me of that when I was showing her this stuff online.

What does it take to get this guy to stop?

Old 08-10-2014, 08:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I agree this is tragic, but it almost looks like he turned after he hit the kid. I'm sure they have footage of this from Tony's car and probably other angles.

But WOW! Truly tragic.

I don't follow much of racing, but it's clear that kid got out of his car and wanted to face Tony down, rather then safely exit the track. I don't think walking a track with cars actively racing, pointing at a guy your angry at did him any favors either (does not justify Tony's actions if they were truly intentional).

I'm sure more about this will come out in the next couple of days.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:07 AM

15 Year Member

I doubt there is additional footage, but maybe. This wasn't televised or anything. Probably just shot by a fan with his phone. We're luckiy we have any footage at all. I'm assuming the police have not seen this footage if Tony hasn't been charged.

I'm sure a lot of people will blame the kid for getting out of his car was the mistake. I can tell you that I have been to literally hundreds of races of various kinds in my life. And of the ones that had wrecks (most), about 80% of them involve someone getting out of their car, under yellow, to gesture at the driver who wrecked you. This incident was no exception. Of those wreck/ gesture incidents, I have never seen a driver get hit by the car he was flipping off. I have seen Tony Stewart get out of his car and do the same himself. I was only yards away when Tony did this a Bristol so he could try to throw his helmet through Matt Kenseth's windshield (another Tony incident which could have killed someone that went unpunished). If this kid did something stupid, he probably learned it growing up and watching Tony Stewart race. Tony Stewart was probably his hero.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very unfortunate, eh, I am not a Tony fan but I have been on these Dirt Tracks at night as a driver and an official as well.
As a driver you can't see Sh*t and as an official I stay out of the way of the Race Cars.
This kid was F**king stupid to be out there dressed in a Black out fit. Hello!?!?
The track is not the place to settle this stuff. You pay the guy a visit in his pits.
But what I saw of the wreck that happens all the time in the Wing Sprints. You know anything can happen on the dirt tracks it is Slick out there all the time, and when you are driving in the Dirt you don't have a windscreen on the Car so is the Helmet visor glass going to be clear or dirty??? Hello again.
That Ward kid should have held his Temper and he would have been alive today. You can't fix Stupid. The same result would happen if you got mad at an 18 Wheeler going down the Interstate and you stopped got out of your Vehicle and went into the lane of traffic and pointed your finger at him. Don't be part of the Problem????
Everyone will have an opinion on this but what you see here doesn't give a clear enough picture to see what actually happened. It did look like Tony swerved, to miss him? to scare him? need more video. One thing is for certain if he hit him on purpose it could ruin his life.
It would be appropriate to say a prayer for the Ward kid and his Family and everyone involved.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:15 AM

I just heard about this this morning. There will definitely be a media circus all week on this one. No doubt, it is not easy to tell it was deliberate or not. My guess is the Police have an idea Tony is at fault if he was questioned, correct?

Or do the police always question drivers involved in fatal accidents? Was Ken Schrader questioned in 2001 when Earnhardt was killed? I don't remember hearing that, granted it was pure accidental, Schrader was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My opinion, Stewart swerved into the kid. But I don't think he will feel many, if any charges. However, Mobil 1, Stewart-Haas, etc. will make him feel this one.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:28 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by SSmeansSuperSexy
I just heard about this this morning. There will definitely be a media circus all week on this one. No doubt, it is not easy to tell it was deliberate or not. My guess is the Police have an idea Tony is at fault if he was questioned, correct?

Or do the police always question drivers involved in fatal accidents? Was Ken Schrader questioned in 2001 when Earnhardt was killed? I don't remember hearing that, granted it was pure accidental, Schrader was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My opinion, Stewart swerved into the kid. But I don't think he will feel many, if any charges. However, Mobil 1, Stewart-Haas, etc. will make him feel this one.
I think you mean Sterling Marlin. It was Marlin that clipped Sr I'm pretty sure. That was kinda different, but I see some similarities

Old 08-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

This is my take. Idk if Tony did it on purpose or not but one thing I am sure of is it wouldn't of happened if the kid didn't get out of the car trying to be a hardass. By him getting out of the car he signed his death wish in my eyes. I feel bad for his friends and family but I can't feel bad for him as it was his own stupidity that got him killed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tony Stewert