NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Tony Stewert

Old 08-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It honestly looked to me like there wasn't a whole lot of control in that turn. Idk who you can blame the spin out on to be honest.

As for if it were Tony getting spun out would he have went at someone, probably... would he have walked directly into their moving car? I would hope not.

In terms of doing these types of races, a lot of people pay to go and see him do these smaller races and it brings in a lot of revenue for these tracks. Also, when Tony broke his leg he put a lot of effort into making the cars safer so this wouldn't happen for others. I believe he did the same when the girl broke her back.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Copied from another forum:

Originally Posted by SlingShot
Just watched an interview with Todd Clem (Bubba the Love Sponge) a very good friend of Stewart. He pointed out if you watch the video in slow motion, you can see the kid lunge at his car and try and climb on it. You can see him holding onto the wing, then fall into the rear tire.

Might have to be a Camaro5 member to view.
IF this is true, which it looked like he at least went at the car, he had to have known what was coming.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:12 PM

I still cannot possibly fathom why Tony Stewart would intentionally want to murder another human being.....oh wait, he wouldn't. There's not a damn way in hell he would.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know what that blurry picture is supposed to prove. But if we are calling that the point of impact than clearly Tony did try to hit him because the car has turn far right and moved up the track before the impact.

But that is not what I'm saying. Nor did I say Tony wanted to murder someone. What I have been saying for years is that Tony's reckless behavior was going to kill someone one day. Now that it has, everyone wants to tell me that I'm wrong.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mitch... Admittedly, the graininess of the cell phone video makes it hard to determine what is what in the picture you re-posted. For the same reasons we've been saying before. Black fire suit, night time race, and a dimly lit dirt track. I would hope Kevin Ward wouldn't be stupid enough to try and climb onto a moving racecar. But being angry enough to walk into the path of two moving racecars, who knows what Ward's intention was.

Someone at work asked that question. What was Ward expecting to do once Tony came back around the next lap? He obviously didn't throw his helmet. So what was he going to do? Possibly try punching him as he drove by?

Walking into the path of moving racecars is a bad enough idea. Climbing onto Tony's moving car would be a pretty stupid move. I would like to think Ward wouldn't be THAT stupid. I suspect Kevin Ward was hoping Tony would stop so they can fight it out. But as many of us said, that's stuff you save for off-track.

The problem with saying Tony has to pick a racing series, and stick to only that, is this. You have to do that with all drivers. You can't pick and choose who can run multiple series. Drivers like Dillon, Danica, the Busch brothers, Logano, etc, all people who have run multiple series can't do it again.

The other thing is cross-promotion. Having big name drivers make appearances in smaller series helps bring those smaller races into the lime light. And sells tickets. More ticket sales means bigger payouts to the winner of these races, as popularity increases.

I'm more likely to watch a sprint car race if I know some big name Nascar driver is going to be in it. Just like I'm more likely to watch a local 3 on 3 basketball tournament if I know Lebron James is going to be in it. Cross promotion like that helps bring more people to the smaller events.

Should Tony continue in sprint car racing? I'm willing to wait until the investigation is complete. I'm not a Tony Stewart fan. But I do believe in innocence until proven guilty. We're making assumptions too quickly based solely on one poor quality cell phone video. Other witnesses need to be interviewed. An investigation needs to be completed. If Tony did it on purpose, then obviously he needs to pay a price for it.

Just my opinion.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Really, had to mention LeBron James?? I live near and used to work in Cleveland. I don't care much about sports and had enough LeBron James crap lol.

As for this tragedy, I'm not going to speculate what Tony meant to do vs what happened. We're basing everything off a few pics and a cell phone video. Dirt track, awkward cars and visibility, guy in a dark suit on a track that yes, a cell cam picked him up pretty well. Bottom line, we don't know what was going on with Tony. Maybe he meant to be a jerk and "buzz by Ward", maybe he actually meant to hit him (which I'd hope not) or maybe it's a bad set of circumstances that Tony had no idea as it happened so unexpected and fast. I don't follow NASCAR personalities but I can see there are people here who are passionate against Tony Stewart and that's fine. But I feel to be truly independent there is too much we currently don't have available to make a true call of why Tony's car hit Ward.

Personally, I never knew so many drivers got our of their cars with a raging temper until this thread. Helmets and face offs. It's a flesh and blood person against a fast heavy metal machine. Only one wins in this dual (and I know where my money is). There should be rules/penalties/fines, whatever, against drivers taking such dangerous actions of walking the course to face off at a driver. As mentioned, Ward almost got hit by the car ahead of Tony. For all we know, Tony could have missed him and the next car may have clobbered Ward worse.

It doesn't matter how many drivers walk a track and do something stupid, it never makes it right. Had Ward not walked in the middle of the track, I could almost bet he'd be with us today. Had Tony done things differently (intentional or not) perhaps Ward would still be with us today.

I'm not going to call Tony innocent OR guilty by these pics and video, I lack enough data to truly make a decision. But I hope the data is available to the law and the officials of the race to make a definitive conclusion (so Tony is either vindicated or condemned depending on what really happened).