NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Tony Stewert

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 01:52 AM

I agree Taz!!

Old 08-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
This is my take. Idk if Tony did it on purpose or not but one thing I am sure of is it wouldn't of happened if the kid didn't get out of the car trying to be a hardass. By him getting out of the car he signed his death wish in my eyes. I feel bad for his friends and family but I can't feel bad for him as it was his own stupidity that got him killed.
Agreed. It shouldn't have happened, but honestly he put himself in harms way.

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
...and just like most athletes he's gonna walk with a slap on the hand. (If he gets that much)
Well, obviously. There is no evidence that Tony did anything wrong. The kid, wrongfully, got out of his car and was walking down a track of moving vehicles.

Now I don't know about everyone else, but my parents always taught me not to play in traffic, or bad things would happen. That seems to be the case here. The kid knew what he was getting into and unfortunately it ended tragically. Did he deserve it? Of course not, but it happened and there's no going back now.

Do I think Tony should be punished? Not at all.

Now I hate Tony's racing antics just as much as the next guy, but he didn't purposely hit that guy. Anyone else that says he did because he accelerated apparently or the rear of the car slid out, should first try to understand how these cars work. Then they should try to look at the car before Tony who also almost clipped the kid, because their rear end slid out as well. This is what happens when the cars are made to drift around the corners and the right rear tire is larger than the left rear tire.

If this one any of the other racers in this situation they would be left of without even a slap on the wrist, but since Tony is a big player in the name of racing it's being made to be a big deal.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
He killed that kid!!! Have you seen the video? He turned into him and did it on purpose - I SWEAR!!! I'm furious at Tony Stewart! He should be banned from all racing everywhere and should be behind bars!

I agree 1000%. Even though no charges have yet to be filed, I hope they toss his *** in prison and throw away the key. He intentionally steered right into the kid and ran him down. The last I knew that is premeditated murder.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:12 AM

The track is a dangerous place period. All race vehicles have numerous safety features and as soon as Ward got out of his vehicle he was no longer safe. He even choose to walk down the banking towards passing cars.

Tony even got out of his car in a NASCAR race and threw his helmet and was lucky it did not come bounce back at him or hit anyone else and kill.

You also have Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch fight where Harvick got out of his car and Busch pushed Harvick's car, as it rolled with no one behind the wheel. Luckily no one was hit.

Just because plenty of drivers have got out of their car over the years does not make it right. Again the track is not a safe place. Just ask the jet dryer crew and Juan Pablo Montoya. I really don't think Montoya was trying to hit that crew.....

Facts are Ward & Stewart were in an accident and Ward was spun out. Stewart's could have had a tire going down, something broken, etc. After the wreck Stewart had one lap around untill Ward was out of his car waiting for him. How was Tony driving around tha one caution lap? Was he trying to figure out his car to see if something was broken, tire going down, looking at gauges, just following the other driver in front of him? Was he on his radio mad? Was he told on the radio Ward was out of his car? Do they even have radios. Only Stewart knows what his action / reaction was to Ward being on the track. Hearing a revved engine on the track by a fan is very unlikely as the are 14 or so other cars on the short track making a lot of noise. The video of the tragedy is very zoomed in view and you cannot see Stewart's path before he gets to Ward. Only time will tell and if Stewart did the unthinkable then he will get his own..... Meaning he has to live with what he might have did, if he purposely hit Ward

Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I agree 1000%. Even though no charges have yet to be filed, I hope they toss his *** in prison and throw away the key. He intentionally steered right into the kid and ran him down. The last I knew that is premeditated murder.
Can you explain to me how you can ensure this as an accurate assumption?

Also, can you share how you know he could even see the kid in the car with the limited visibility in these cars?

I know there's a lot of factors that go into both sides, but I don't ever see Tony 'doing time' for his 'actions'.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by red04montels
Can you explain to me how you can ensure this as an accurate assumption?

Also, can you share how you know he could even see the kid in the car with the limited visibility in these cars?

I know there's a lot of factors that go into both sides, but I don't ever see Tony 'doing time' for his 'actions'.

Stewart was in complete control of the car. There was no part breakage that would have changed the direction of travel. If you watch the video it is obvious that the vehicle changed course in the direction of Ward. Stewart had more then enough track to pass him without hitting him. Since Stewart had to think about doing it, then followed through with his thought - it becomes premeditated. Since it was premeditated it becomes murder - not manslaughter like if someone accidently hit someone and killed them. Yes, it is difficult to see at times, but Stewart was in the groove until he intentionally changed course and struck Ward. Just prior to Stewart running down Ward he intentionally bumped Ward off the track. That would indicate that Stewart was pissed at Ward and went after him in revenge - another indication of premeditation.

You're right - Stewart probably won't face charges. He has a lot of big wig lawyers that will make sure he doesn't. He will walk away...but I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. He knows the truth. It makes me wonder how he can sleep at night when he knows he purposely killed another human being.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Stewart was in complete control of the car. There was no part breakage that would have changed the direction of travel. If you watch the video it is obvious that the vehicle changed course in the direction of Ward. Stewart had more then enough track to pass him without hitting him. Since Stewart had to think about doing it, then followed through with his thought - it becomes premeditated. Since it was premeditated it becomes murder - not manslaughter like if someone accidently hit someone and killed them. Yes, it is difficult to see at times, but Stewart was in the groove until he intentionally changed course and struck Ward. Just prior to Stewart running down Ward he intentionally bumped Ward off the track. That would indicate that Stewart was pissed at Ward and went after him in revenge - another indication of premeditation.

You're right - Stewart probably won't face charges. He has a lot of big wig lawyers that will make sure he doesn't. He will walk away...but I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. He knows the truth. It makes me wonder how he can sleep at night when he knows he purposely killed another human being.
So would the person driving before Stewart be charged with premeditated attempted murder?

Because as Ward walked down the track he walked right towards that car, of which (like Tony) tried to miss him. When they tried to miss him they accelerated, which kicked the rear end out a bit (as these cars are designed to do).

Old 08-12-2014, 10:17 AM

My reply to 03SSLE

Video does not show that in real time. The front of the car goes up the track as the big rear right wheel hits Ward. The direction of the car is upon impact not before. It is also reported that his car fishtails as if to throw dirt at Ward... Thats is not the case as the front on the car does not turn down. Notice no matter what, the front wheels do not turn at all.... indicting that he was not out for Ward. Video is bad as it only shows Ward and Stewart from 20 to 30 foot apart

Last edited by KCFITZ78; 08-12-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:52 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78
My reply to 03SSLE

Video does not show that in real time. The front of the car goes up the track as the big rear right wheel hits Ward. The direction of the car is upon impact not before. It is also reported that his car fishtails as if to throw dirt at Ward... Thats is not the case as the front on the car does not turn down. Notice no matter what, the front wheels do not turn at all.... indicting that he was not out for Ward. Video is bad as it only shows Ward and Stewart from 20 to 30 foot apart
If that was the 'turn towards Ward' that everyone is arguing about then they really need to open up their eyes. That was clearly a result of Ward being hit.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This just in: making your text bold doesn't make your statements true.

Stewart is the only one that knows for sure. The only thing the rest of us know is a young hotheaded racer got out of his car on a racetrack (cardinal rule of racing, stay in your car unless the ****er is gonna blow up/on fire) to get in the line of cars to point and scream at TS - he unfortunately paid the ultimate price. RIP.

Last edited by nitehawkjcb; 08-12-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Tony Stewert