NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Suggestions for a MCF Fantasy League

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:40 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah, everyone seems open to just whatever I throw out there. I'm a little surprised. I just don't want itgetting too complicated. But I wanted some incentive to pick a long shot. Go for that Joey Logano, that David Reutimann, that Ryan Newman, that A.J. Almendinger. Maybe even allow you to pick 2 of the top 12 and one from outside the top 12??? Because quite frankly, trying to figure out who among the 28th, 29th place drivers will run the best... that can be tricky. Maybe set a limit of 2 picks coming from the top 12, and the other pick has to come from the 13th on back group??? However, that's not to say that all your picks can't come from 13th on back, or one chase driver and 2 13th on back drivers....

I think it's more fair to do it based on overall points than it is race results from the previous weekend as well. Carl Edwards could blow an engine, Jimmie Johnson could finish 11th, and Greg Biffle run top 5 going into Dover and you've still got 3 stellar picks, ya know? Just a situation... I love the idea of setting it up so you can't go pick the top 3 in points like I was doing at the end of last year though. Make it interesting.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 01-14-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Stipulations!!! I think this is a terrible idea!

For one, it creates all sorts of exclusions. Do you expect everyone who plays to follow the points race tight? Even basing it on last weeks results means that to play the game you have to know what happened last week.
I thought we were going to just start scoring the same game we have always been playing. As it was, seldom did we have more then 3 people picking all 6 categories (1st, 2nd, 3rd, last, first wreck and number of cautions). It would appear that this, without points and scoring, was still too complicated.
Never once has 2 members made the exact same picks, so scoring will diversify this enough. And complicate it. Especially if we break it up into segments. I'm still against this too, for the record. A continuous season will provide dedicated members/players with an ultimate goal of MCF Cup Winner (to a guy like me, right up there with MOTY), while occassional/ guest players can enjoy winning the week, even if they only play once. How does getting the highest score over 10 races improve upon that?

I just wanna play our game and start measuring it. More rules won't make it more fun.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:09 AM

5 Year Member

That's fine Brent. Have you voted in the poll I made? So far only one person has. The one vote is for a free for all. Like I've said, I'm just floating ideas around. If they go over like farts in the breeze, then I'll stick with what I originally said.

I'm trying to be true to life. And that means the President is constantly screwing with the rules.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 01-15-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:53 AM

15 Year Member

I will now! I suck at searching these threads! But lets add a link!

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=25428

Old 01-15-2011, 11:19 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I'm trying to be true to life. And that means the President is constantly screwing with the rules.

I'd like to elaborate on that! I am all for manipulating and screwing with the rules, even as we go through the season. It can't get any more true to life Nascar with that. Nascar always botches and manipulates the rules. They haven't ruled that yellow line thing the same twice (ask Aric Almirola, who was passed below the yellow by Kyle Busch last). I hate it, but it keeps it exciting too.
I really wanna push for the penalty points system! I think any and all penalties assessed by Nascar to any driver we have picked for a given week (including last & first caution) be scored against us. That can be a little complicated, but cheaters should not win! Nor should those supporting cheaters!
Nascar will natural make bad calls, which we can debate, but rules are rules. This is fun to me...

Nothing's going to be perfect. Lets make this fun and interesting...

Old 01-15-2011, 12:10 PM

5 Year Member

I can assess penalties if your pick gets a penalty. I have no problem with that. I don't want to be losing points for taking shots in the wind at the number of cautions, last place picks, and top 10 breakdowns. I'm considering doing away with the bonus point system as it adds time and all. And I'm thinking of dividing hte points in to 4 segments, but then at the end of the year have an overall champion and add up the points for the entire year.

But I can't please everybody. That's why I put it up to a vote!

Old 01-15-2011, 12:27 PM

15 Year Member

Well, like I said, I'll be the most dedicated player regardless of the rules. But I think penalty points for a last place pick is hilarious ,but fair (the best example is MacDowell, who I almost always picked for last last year, but he was penalized a lot for illegal cars. Had I been assessed his penalties, I probably would have ended up in the hole!) Seems to me it would be easier to use the same points Nascar gives to the drivers each race - no complications there and Nascar can be blamed when it is inaccurate. When you say no bonus points, you mean for accuracy of picks? I can understand that. But it would be harder to remove the bonus point Nascar gives for leading laps (or most laps).

Old 01-15-2011, 12:36 PM

...I think I need more rest b-4 I read the volumes of infomation on this subject 4-Sure....Good Luck Guys...
I know what direction to take
Thanks `Duane & Brent for all your input on this difficult subject......Peace/Out

Old 01-15-2011, 11:52 PM

5 Year Member

I was not talking about those bonus points.. I was talking about the bonus points I would be issuing for calling last place, picking the top 10 breakdown, or anything like that. not the lead lap and win a race and make teh chase stuff.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm on here enough of the time, so I'll play along with whatever is decided!